Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1797 - Fright Fest Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby thecoasterdude » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

EDIT: BANNED!

Seriously, people?!?!?
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm.
Coaster Count: 73

Favorite Coasters:

Nitro El Toro Skyrush Storm Runner
Hydra Wicked Cyclone Steel Force Bizzaro Farenheit
Montu Sheikra Cheetah Hunt Kumba

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

My brain cannot process the amount of stupidity that it takes for someone to make the kind of posts that get them banned at a time like this.

Let me further explain, not like it will help these morons because if they are not smart enough to understand "Don't post about it until we post about it" this probably won't be understood either, but...

Parks have asked us to respect their announcement times, and in turn, we ask our readers or users to do the same. It's not that much to ask, and it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Yes, we understand there may be leaks that happen. Those leaks are usually due to people who have broken the embargo that media outlets are given with time-sensitive material. The part that is damaging and frustrating for me personally, is that when embargoes are broken, parks will be less likely to deliver embargoed content in the future.

This just creates even MORE work for us, because not being able to schedule or create our posts using that content in advance means we are having to scramble at 4am to get ALL of the parks information up as quickly as possible. And that is a crazy amount of work in the middle of the night.

So please, we ask you kindly, respect the announcement times. I know you'll see the assholes of Reddit and other groups that just simply don't give a crap, but I also don't find them to be respectable groups either. And if you're going to come on our forum and be like those people, we would much rather have you not be part of our forum.

Thank you for understanding.

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 am

First-of-its-Kind Thrill Ride to Debut at Six Flags Great Adventure

DC Super Hero CYBORG Themed Ride Coming in 2018

JACKSON, N.J. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Great Adventure is home to an unparalleled collection of record-breaking attractions and we are excited to be adding CYBORG Cyber Spin, the first of its kind in North America. Like the Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, this futuristic, hi-tech ride will be unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced before and it is the perfect new thrill ride to expand our new Metropolis section.”

CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night—this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

· Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
· Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
· Dazzling nighttime light display; and
· Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.

CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018.
CYBORG Cyber Spin Key Art Six Flags Great Adventure.jpg
CYBORG Cyber Spin 01_11x17_600dpi Six Flags Great Adventure.jpg
CYBORG Cyber Spin 02_11x17_600dpi Six Flags Great Adventure.jpg
CYBORG Cyber Spin 03_11x17_600dpi Six Flags Great Adventure.jpg
CYBORG Cyber Spin 04_11x17_600dpi Six Flags Great Adventure.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 am

Glad they're getting one of these. I probably won't ride this--I don't like Top Spins, and this is pretty similar--but I'm sure a lot of people will go nuts for it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:34 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Glad they're getting one of these. I probably won't ride this--I don't like Top Spins, and this is pretty similar--but I'm sure a lot of people will go nuts for it.

Echoing you here. Maybe one day I'll get on one of these rides, but I feel like I'd get sick. Who knows!? Either way, it's an awesome addition! Finally, Cyborg gets some love.
Tigga, please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 am

laqueefa wrote: Finally, Cyborg gets some love.

Absolutely! Like this name/theme a lot better than yet another Harley Quinn Spinsanity like Texas is doing.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 am

This pleases me!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:45 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
laqueefa wrote: Finally, Cyborg gets some love.

Absolutely! Like this name/theme a lot better than yet another Harley Quinn Spinsanity like Texas is doing.

I better hear some, "BOOYAH's" from the riders!
Tigga, please!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 am

I can't believe a US park is actually installing one of these! Awesome! :b

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:24 am

Oh boy! I've been looking forward to the day one of these things actually landed where I could give it a whirl! I don't think my 39 year old self could handle two rides, but I'll definitely give it one go! Glad to see a park I go to at least semi-regularly is getting it! Nice to see Cyborg finally get his due beyond just the JL animatronic as well!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!