TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Nice to see The Mountain holding its own. And no surprise no one feels like walking to Guam for the worlds tallest drop ride.

Based on those wait times, if I was forced to be at the park today for three hours, I think I might spend all 3 hours riding and re-riding Zumanjaro.

Pictures like that are why I will never visit the park on a Saturday (or Sunday) this time of year. Even with Flash Pass, that looks like it would be miserable just walking around, plus the wait to get through security and traffic exiting the park.

I thought it was busy when we went at the end of September and left at 7:30 and there was traffic down 537 in both directions for miles because of the park. I'm sorry but I would have taken one look at that and left. How anyone can find that even slightly enjoyable is beyond me.

It's barely cheaper, but it's still a terrible deal.

The ticket is $64.99 and parking is $23.45 and it doesn't include any haunt mazes, So basically it's $88.44.

For like $12 more you can get a gold plus membership (billed as $8.40 per month) that's good for a minimum of 15 months (but basically until you cancel it), includes parking, gives you 20% off everything in the park and gets you into every park in the chain with free parking for all 15 months (though the 3 free months are sort of weird and only applied if you cancel because... Six Flags).

Nobody should ever buy a day ticket to a Six Flags park unless they're visiting from another country and won't be back for over a year.

It's fun to check Queue Times on a Saturday in October. Justice League and Green Lantern, 2 1/2 hours each. Nitro, Kingda Ka, Superman and Bizarro all 1 hour 40 minutes.

I can't wait to see the wait times next Saturday since that is usually the most crowded day of the year.

Does anybody know what the deal is for the week of November 8th-11th. Christmas in the park doesn’t start until the following weekend. Is it still fright fest? Is the whole park going to be open? And is there any particular reason it is open during the week at that time? It seems like an odd time for the park to be open so I was thinking of going. Thanks for he help!

There isn't Fright Fest, just regular operations. On the weekdays, Frontier Adventures will possibly be closed, almost everything else is open including all the other coasters. They are open because NJ schools are closed. I have gone on Thursday or Friday the last 3 years in a row and it's very low crowds.

It's open because they're awesome. Last weekend to experience Toro; Safari closed though. Last year Nitro and Ka were closed at least a day each due to cold and weather, but they got out the blowtorches and opened Ka on Sunday.

It's open because they're awesome. Last weekend to experience Toro; Safari closed though. Last year Nitro and Ka were closed at least a day each due to cold and weather, but they got out the blowtorches and opened Ka on Sunday.

Judging by how Nitro has run in 20 degree weather in Holiday in the Park, I suspect Nitro was down for something else.

^^-- there was a lot of precip. earlier that week and yes I heard blowtorches were involved to get Ka running. Nitro opened about the same time or even later that day. It could be they did some wheel swaps before running Nitro -- what it does during HitP doesn't happen by itself. From what I could tell Lantern was stuck on the MCBR all day except around 6:00 they were doing endless test runs. I thought that was commendable they were trying to get it going that late in the day until I realized it really was probably for the next weekend! So some of the stuff they did that day wasn't just for that day. It was down to about 36 degrees when I left.

How is the November 6-9 weekend crowd wise? Thinking about making a trip then but if it's mobbed I'm not gonna bother. One last weekend of Toro is tempting, though, so is it usually a dead weekend?

They're pretty great for everything except the safari, which is closed for the season. Bonus weekends almost feel like locals only/passholder exclusive days.

How is the November 6-9 weekend crowd wise? Thinking about making a trip then but if it's mobbed I'm not gonna bother. One last weekend of Toro is tempting, though, so is it usually a dead weekend?

They're pretty great for everything except the safari, which is closed for the season. Bonus weekends almost feel like locals only/passholder exclusive days.

The extra days in November are now BAFF or BAF for $9.99. I don't know if that was the case last year, but BAFF days special usually bring out the crowds.

Hi gang, long time no see. Apologies if this has been discussed as I’ve been out of town dealing with multiple back to back major family emergencies. In the middle of all this we sold our house and moved so I am living in a sea of boxes and chaos.

We live in Northern VA but have had Six Flags passes for many years through SFGAdv. Due to the above mentioned emergencies we have been unable to get up to SFGAdv this fall to activate our 2019 passes. Now we are living an extra 35 mins SW from the park than before so who knows when we’ll get up there again.

Here is my question: last year we were able to simply call and get them activated, add the lunch plan and the photo pass. When we tried that this year they told us that’s never been an option over the phone. Perhaps the CS rep didn’t know it was an option before... or maybe it still is? We bought 3 basic season passes and a single photo pass for 2019. Does anyone know how to get them activated? I just got an email saying they must be claimed by this Wednesday.

I was able to log into the Six Flags my pass page as referenced a few thread pages back and could add them to my account. However, since it’s still 2018 and they’re valid, it doesn’t tell me if that means they’re activated for 2019. The activation stuff could be a bunch of nonsense for all I know. At least I got the My Pass page working though.

Cedar Fair passes automatically update so I figured the same would be true with SF passes but who knows. Technology is not my strong suit. Wish I would have thought of this sooner as it would be a bummer to possibly lose a few hundred bucks in passes. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks very much and hope to be back to a more active poster status here in the near future!

Liz

The extra days in November are now BAFF or BAF for $9.99. I don't know if that was the case last year, but BAFF days special usually bring out the crowds.

Is there somewhere I can find out this schedule, or someone post it? I'm a SFA member so I don't get BAF at other parks apparently, or even get access to the BAF schedule which everyone paying more or traveling long distances to get in needs to know! Will BAF deals kill a previously awesome event? Or did they actually have it last year too and I just didn't know it?

I guess I'll also be watching queue times carefully but still can only assume it even is the same that day.