Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: CaptainUnknown and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Sorry if I'm being an airhead, but exactly where do you go? This is what my homepage looks like
THj7nEX - Imgur.png
My Passholder Website

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 am

Screamscape:

Park News - (9/16/18) Various confidential sources have all chimes in with similar stories, claiming that both El Diablo and King Cobra are leaving the Six Flags property and heading to other parks.

I mean, still take it all with a grain of salt, but it's interesting that these conversations seem to be continuing rather than dying out. I like El Diablo but certainly won't miss it. King Cobra, pfft, good riddance. We were supposed to get retrofitted drop towers instead, anyway.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby whiteferrett » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 pm

HeyItsKrabs wrote:Sorry if I'm being an airhead, but exactly where do you go? This is what my homepage looks like

So go to the account update page and it will be at the bottom of the page

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:48 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:Screamscape:

Park News - (9/16/18) Various confidential sources have all chimes in with similar stories, claiming that both El Diablo and King Cobra are leaving the Six Flags property and heading to other parks.

I mean, still take it all with a grain of salt, but it's interesting that these conversations seem to be continuing rather than dying out. I like El Diablo but certainly won't miss it. King Cobra, pfft, good riddance. We were supposed to get retrofitted drop towers instead, anyway.

As I've never been to GAdv's Hurrican Harbor (and why is it separate admission and why no path or shuttle to it from the dry park?); why good riddance to King Cobra?

And yeah, if the retrofitted drop towers refers to modifying Zumanjaro so it and KK can run at the same time, I'm all for that.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jamesinclair » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I like Diablo, I dont want it to leave. If the operator gives you the extended edition it's a fun ride.

Removing King Cobra is insane unless they plan on adding 12 replacement slides. The negligence shown towards Hurricane Harbor is criminal and Senator Booker should investigate.

...I know Im going to get booed for this, but Fright Fest....should I go this weekend or next weekend? Do more people go for the first weekend, or does nobody think about fright fest until October?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Can anyone get out to the park and confirm that King Cobra is being dismantled? Multiple people have said on the Reddit, and more importantly, Screamscape that it's being taken down this week starting today.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Jason Maier wrote:
As I've never been to GAdv's Hurrican Harbor (and why is it separate admission and why no path or shuttle to it from the dry park?); why good riddance to King Cobra?

And yeah, if the retrofitted drop towers refers to modifying Zumanjaro so it and KK can run at the same time, I'm all for that.

It's separate admission because they make more money that way, and with it way out there there's no obstacle to it.

They used to run a tram to the waterpark (and Safari tour bus back before the days of Off-Road Adventure). With all of the barricades they put up for the Preferred/Diamond whatever parking lot, there's no way for the tram to get to the main gate, so they stopped it. That, and they disbanded the parking lot department...Fun fact: I used to drive and spiel on the that very tram in my youth.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby exaltingg » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Just arrived at the park, can confirm that King Cobra is being dismantled.
20180921_185720.jpg

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Seeing more and more people talking about El Diablo leaving the park. What's the last ride here that had a lifespan this short? It was only added in 2015. Curious to see what they do with that spot now if this is legit since it doesn't make sense to remove it otherwise.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 pm

A bunch of the rides in the late 80s had three-year lifespans. Ultra Twister, Shockwave, and Condor each were only around for three years, and Sarajevo Bobsled was around for about four. Also, some of the rides added in 1999 were taken out after only three years, too.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!