Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1797 - Fright Fest Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 pm

coasterbill wrote:WTF is this abortion of a waffle?

QFT! Those pictures Boldikus posted are painful to look at after having such an affinity for the WDL cart.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightnin Loops » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm

coasterbill wrote:WTF is this abortion of a waffle?

Also, why would they put this on the dining plan? If they saw that the old waffles were so good that people were buying them even though they had the dining plan, why would you give them away for free? Obviously these won't be nearly as good now since Six Flags is making them, but what's the logic behind this? :lol:

Maybe because everyone bitches the dining plan is pretty shitty food and they took alot of stuff off this past season, by adding these more people will love the plan

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 am

So I might be headed to the park on Saturday November 4th (the first weekend after Fright Fest). Any idea on crowds? I know its bring-a-friend-for-$10 but was hoping it'd be pretty calm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 132
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:18 am

Mike240SX wrote:So I might be headed to the park on Saturday November 4th (the first weekend after Fright Fest). Any idea on crowds? I know its bring-a-friend-for-$10 but was hoping it'd be pretty calm.

Lines will be very short and you'll have an amazing time. Bizarro, Safari (kind of) and Mine Train will probably be closed for the season though. Skyway will probably be temporarily closed until Holiday in the Park.

Also, it's Grape Adventure that weekend if you're into that and (if you care) Safari is open for people who pay the Grape Adventure upcharge with the safari option.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks. Bummer about the Safari but I'll live.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 132
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby gp1086 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 am

Made my first visit of the year yesterday (Saturday, 10/22). Arrived around 12:30 and started riding around 1:30 after standing in security line, buying season pass, getting flash pass, and finding fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Left the park around 10:30 and was able to ride/ do the following (each 1x):

- El Toro
- Nitro
- Kingda Ka
- Zumanjaro
- The Joker
- Justice League
- The Dark Knight
- Superman
- Safari Adventure
- Skull Mountain
- The Manor (maze)
- Total Darkness (maze)

Would have been able to do Kingda Ka another time and Green Lantern if both hadn't closed at the end of the night.

Some notes / comments:

- The platinum flash pass was well worth it. The park was very crowded during the day and insanely crowded after 6:00 p.m.. Flash pass waiting times at night were all anywhere from 6 minutes to 15 minutes, implying hour to two-and-a-half hour waits for everything.

- El Toro and Kingda Ka remain my favorite rides.

- In terms of mazes - Total Darkness was ok, The Manor was meh. Thought about doing another one (Wicked Woods), but line was crazy long. Waited about an hour for Total Darkness - wasn't worth it. If you're going to get maze tickets, would get them at the stand near Justice League - barely had to wait.

- Ride ops were generally pretty good and fast. Definitely room for improvement to implement single riders, groups of two, etc. where there are empty seats. There's of course always a balance of just getting the train out vs. filling riders.

- Food lines were very slow and disappointing pretty much all day / night.

- Not sure why, but there was a huge line outside the "Ride Information Center"...?

- Noticed that several of the photo stations outside rides (for on ride photos) were either closed or not working. Wonder if they haven't been selling as much lately.

- Not sure how often / when it makes sense to get the multiple fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo option ($8 for two hours at multiple locations vs. $1 for two hours at one location). Don't think you'd ever be able to justify enough rides in two hours to pay for the multiple

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Got a call that they found my wallet :lmao:

It's kind of useless now that everything in it was replaced, but still nice to get the actual wallet and have a spare ID :lol:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 am

Guys, I am an idiot and didn’t look at the schedule for today. We drove up from VA and have a bunch of time to kill before the 5:30pm opening tonight. Can anyone tell me - what time does the parking lot open? We want to be at/through security as fast as possible since it’ll probably be an absolute madhouse and go right for the flash pass center. If we go over there at 4:30 is that too early? Can we stand at security until 5:30 to breeze through?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 am

I think parking lot usually opens an hour or so before park does?
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 am

I don't know when the lot opens but people line up in their cars outside the gates all the time. Personally I'd probably go to iPlay America. There are a bunch of restaurants right up the road where you can grab lunch (there's a Friday's, a couple of sports bars, stuff like that...), their arcade opens at 3 and then at 4 you can ride their SBF spinning coaster which is actually a lot of fun. Just ride it once when it opens, get in the car and you'll be at Great Adventure 30+ minutes before opening. It's a super weird place that has a bunch of family rides but caters to adults for some dumb reason. They're basically a wanna-be Dave and Busters (for example... tonight is adult night with no kids allowed from 9pm to 2am).

That sounds better than sitting in the Six Flags parking lot playing "Count the Potholes".

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!