TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Agree about the Kiosks! We used them at Carowinds and they were awesome.

They have some at Valleyfair and they force everyone, cash or credit, to use them. I like them personally, but a couple complaints:

- If you have cash, you get a receipt and then have to go to a person, creating an extra step.

- Some transactions like bottle refills don't work on the consoles.

After reading the following rumor from Screamscape I'm just going to leave this here. Could this be "North America's First?"[/b]"

No, it could not be a "North America's First" as it was already announced that it was a "World's first"

Also, this is just Twister 2.0

Apparently the kiosks won't work with the season dining pass. Not sure why this is since you could use them at Cedar Fair. Hopefully they have the ability to add it at some point.

Word on the street is that the plan is to have a pilot program where they only accept credit for now, but will begin accepting dining passes later this year or early next season.

Apparently the kiosks won't work with the season dining pass. Not sure why this is since you could use them at Cedar Fair. Hopefully they have the ability to add it at some point.

Word on the street is that the plan is to have a pilot program where they only accept credit for now, but will begin accepting dining passes later this year or early next season.

That's great news. Hopefully it turns out well and they keep adding them to other spots.

Okay so I just got back from an evening visit to the park and I must say that in the 20 years that I have been going to Great Adventure I have never had such a weird experience. The rides and wait times were all manageable as we got to ride whatever we wanted to but my God was the place a free for all.

I'm not sure if the solar eclipse was messing with everyone this week but the freaks were out. I tend to enjoy people watching and I have to say this was a day for the ages. You couldn't invent in your mind some of the people were seeing. I see the whole handing out a ticket on ride lines thing has passed since we witnessed line cutting numerous times today. Teenagers were just sitting on the handrails all over the stations without the employees saying anything as well.

The big kicker was around 9 pm when we decided to ride Nitro for the second time. There was a group of college aged guys smoking a joint on the queue line by the trees in the switchbacks, not an employee to be found. I'm not one to complain about things like that but come on, we have to draw a line somewhere. Maybe management is giving up since its towards the end of daily ops but boy, was it the twilight zone there today.

IMG_4314.thumb.JPG.c8a0b5838b14358020ee20841e9fe15b.JPG

The B train on Nitro had a band aid on the zero car. Was this someones after use or did Nitro injure itself?

IMG_4315.thumb.JPG.1082b3a4be2e093f72c8af851b9b86a2.JPG

It was cool to see the fountains on Skull running for once.

I was there with JCoaster last night. Like he said, the place was wild. I've had crazy visits before, but the kids smoking weed in Nitro's queue really put yesterday over the top.

That being said, everything was running exceptionally, and operations weren't that bad.

I'm not sure if the solar eclipse was messing with everyone this week but the freaks were out. I tend to enjoy people watching and I have to say this was a day for the ages. You couldn't invent in your mind some of the people were seeing.

boy, was it the twilight zone there today.

LOL

I was there with JCoaster last night. Like he said, the place was wild. I've had crazy visits before, but the kids smoking weed in Nitro's queue really put yesterday over the top.

That being said, everything was running exceptionally, and operations weren't that bad.

That might be fun . . . . . being high while riding Nitro

Drove out to the park for the first time yesterday, and it was my third six flags park after SFNE and SFMM. Went on all the major coasters once.

El Toro - the most relentless ride I've been on. So much ejector air and the turns at the end are taken at an insane speed. I need another ride on it to take in exactly what went on. When it was done I felt violated, I mean that in a good way. Very unique ride, perhaps will land at the top of my top 10 coasters. It amazes me how fast it runs through its course, being so smooth and intense, yet it is a true wooden coaster. How is that possible (prefabrication)? (5/5)

Nitro - I really liked the pacing and feel of this coaster. Blacked out on the helix which has never happened to me before on any ride. Compared with the other B&M hyper I've ridden, I prefer Mako slightly, not sure why. Pretty much they're the same shit. (4.5/5)

Kingda Ka - it's a monster of a launch, but not a re-rideable coaster. I think TTD (I give TTD a 4.5) is a good bit better. Rode Ka near the back and maybe that is why it was very shaky. It's hard to give this a great rating, even though it is/was record breaking. (3.5/5)

Joker - first time on one of these free spin coasters, and wasn't sure what to expect. This was very fun though, but also pretty short duration. Bit of a one trick pony, but a good investment by Six Flags. (3.5/5)

Zumanjaro - it takes a lot to scare me on rides, but this one did the job. It just keeps going up and up, and the drop is one of the best I've experienced. This is probably the best flat ride I've been on. Loved the long walk to the station, seriously. It's nice to take a little hike in the forest away from the crowded mess of people, concrete and $12 chicken finger stands. (4.5/5)

Batman, Superman, Bizarro - Might as well group these together. They're B&M clones themed to superheroes, and to me they're pretty good but not great. Bizarro was pretty darn smooth for a 90s beemer and had no head banging. On superman, the guy next to me did not seem to speak English but he kept shouting "Supa man! supa man!" throughout the ride's duration every second, nearly blew out my eardrum, what a fool haha. They all get a (3.5/5) Pretty, pretty...pretty good.

Did not get on the Green Lantern but that's alright. Overall, the park itself is not my favorite, maybe my least favorite Six Flags. At least SFNE has a pastoral, and pretty landscape that comes with being in the hills of New England. Truthfully, I thought SFGAdv was a bunch of pavement, overpriced, and too much cheap superhero theming to go with all the overblown Hollywood money-grabbing summer movies. I know this is the nature of Six Flags (and many Cedar Fair) parks so I'm not just picking on SFGAdv. I guess I'm spoiled by the Florida parks. However, the silver lining is that the coaster lineup is very strong, and something few parks can touch.