TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind one of these Mack spinners at all. I hate spinning but I see the all the positives. Its a worlds first (apparently?). Its an actual coaster compared to a Skywarp, so that helps the sobbing enthusiast problem, and it would offer some variety to a park that has a little bit of everything in the coaster dept already.

And while its low capacity, its about the same as Joker which has mostly manageable waits if you know what days to avoid going to the park. This would fit in Old Country across from JLBFM and would round out that area well. And it would likely be open for HITP.

I really hope that whatever is coming, its going there. The more new rides farther away from El Toro the better.

Though I wonder if Six Flags would cheap out and not get the turntable model

Todays announcement is about Fright Fest.

FFAnn.thumb.jpg.686c3ad52f7f44a463fbc97ed4621a26.jpg

New ride announcement is on August 31st.

edit: In much more interesting news, self-order kiosks have been spotted @ Boardwalk Steak & Fries and Garden State Grill.

self3.thumb.jpg.239ba17b10ef4afbd3d24ff8d7aae0a1.jpg

self2.thumb.jpg.63113f411982980b92c2c8f30c8dc034.jpg

self.jpg.192065e743c09d57bd6fa9b11c5a2412.jpg

After reading the following rumor from Screamscape I'm just going to leave this here. Could this be "North America's First?"

"2018 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/21/17) Six Flags Great Adventure has posted a couple teaser posters in the park hinting about what is to come in 2018. The posters aren't too far from the new Justice League ride and show off the logo of STAR. Labs from DC Comics along with a phone number you can call and hear a message. The posted also lists the names of the parents of DC hero Cyborg, Silas and Elinore Stone.

Not much is said in the message when you call other than talk about developments with gyroscopes, gravimeters and accelerometers"

20987745_10208310527235655_597698555_n.thumb.jpg.35e8ec49576dfbc74b7223cbb972ac20.jpg

ABC Rides Starlight

^

I don't know how I feel about this...

I mean, I would LOVE to see it in the park, and I would gladly give it a go... But it just looks like it would be a maintenance nightmare...

Edit:

On second thought... I might pass on this one!! I'm afraid I'd blow chunks everywhere!!

Those Kiosks are great news. The less I have to interact with slow kiosk attendents the better!

And the kiosks can't get your order wrong and then give you attitude when you tell them it's wrong.

However, the person who prepares your order could still get it wrong. I've had it happen at Dunkin' Donuts when I send the order through the mobile app and they still get it wrong.

Still planning my trip to SFGr Adv Labor Day weekend. I know I have asked this but just a double-check... historically, you can in fact buy the next years (2018) pass and use it as much as you want at ANY SF park the previous year (2017), correct? Also, Do you know what time (8pm, 9pm, etc.) they stop processing passes at the park. We may get there a little late one of those nights and to save time in the morning, I wondered if I could process the pass the night before the main trip to save time in the morning, so I didn't want to waste the trip if this was a no-go.

Those Kiosks are great news. The less I have to interact with slow kiosk attendents the better!

Funny story...

At Carowinds we used the Kiosks and then pointed them out to some of our friends. The unhelpful worker behind the counter asked the other worker "what's a kiosk?", I thought to myself..."It's what will replace you VERY SOON!"

Funny story...

At Carowinds we used the Kiosks and then pointed them out to some of our friends. The unhelpful worker behind the counter asked the other worker "what's a kiosk?", I thought to myself..."It's what will replace you VERY SOON!"

Their days may be numbered. Kiosks provide a cheap and more effective alternative to the slow, more than occasionally rude workers. Maybe with the money park's save on with this they can add some workers towards landscaping.

After reading the following rumor from Screamscape I'm just going to leave this here. Could this be "North America's First?"

"2018 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/21/17) Six Flags Great Adventure has posted a couple teaser posters in the park hinting about what is to come in 2018. The posters aren't too far from the new Justice League ride and show off the logo of STAR. Labs from DC Comics along with a phone number you can call and hear a message. The posted also lists the names of the parents of DC hero Cyborg, Silas and Elinore Stone.

Not much is said in the message when you call other than talk about developments with gyroscopes, gravimeters and accelerometers"

It'd be a smart marketing move on the part of Six Flags, the park is sure to get a lot of attention for being the first in North America to install one of these.