TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Why's everyone mentioning the view from Zumanjaro? What's so breathtaking about it? Sure, you see the park and all, but central Jersey is flat and full of trees. If it were located by a mountain range or the world's largest brothel I'd see a reason to complain but as it stands, who cares?

You can see Trenton lol

Chalk up one to the "pro" column for the headsets, then.

Because you get really good views of the world's best coaster. (Completely subjective, though)

Not as subjective, but the sight of seeing different parts of Kingda Ka on the way up and getting a true a perspective of just how fucking high you already are and how much you still have to go is terrifying. I remember thinking we were already WAY high up on the tower but then realizing that we hadn't even come close to the twist on KK's ascent. My reaction was an instant "OH SH*T".

And in the end, the point of a drop tower isn't always to serve as a thrilling observation deck. Sometimes all that matters is taking you up high, letting you have a concious sense of how high you are, and bringing your worst fears to life by dropping you. The view straight down accomplishes your awareness of your position and condition and is the only view necessary to make a drop tower great. The nice views of the horizon are just bonuses.

Haters gonna hate. The view from atop Zumanjaro is incredible. A wide expanse of Jersey green in every direction as far off into the horizon as the eye can see, with the Skyscrapers of Oz poking up from waaaaaay out behind Nitro. Not to mention the mountains of wood and steel directly below you.

zum1.jpg.40750358d84151b83f29028572cbf146.jpg

zum2.thumb.jpg.2472144b460a256a12aaaa126b0ebad0.jpg

and my personal favorite:

1997563438_Zumanjaroridertiltedview.thumb.jpg.373375a6c7abc1b7836fbfcf5b21c802.jpg

* disclaimer: not my photos, those are just from a quick 'View from Zumanjaro' google search.

I have never dared to look down while riding Zumie lol. I'm always looking straight on towards Nitro. I remember riding it for the first time at night last year and being so scared lmao. By the time we reached to about eye level with Nitro I realized oh shit were only half way up scariest damn thing I've ever done tbh but it's one of the most awesome feelings ever. That's why VR on this ride is so stupid.

Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa you pretty much have to look down and on the way up you see zoo animals. I like that one better. Now, if they running KK at the same time...

To be honest I have always enjoyed trying to find my car in the parking lot during lifts, maybe not as exciting as Trenton, or wondering where your car went while in Trenton.

The view on Top Thrill CP is my favorite, that twisting downward turn with the lakes makes me feel like I am living in Google Earth. Favorite view at SFGAdv is the turn by the lake on NItro.

^

That last photo though. . . Dear God I am NOT looking forward to Friday.

Oh that's this week? Awesome. You better do it. The only way I'll accept that you didn't ride it is if its down all day and I have ways to confirm if that was actually true or not.

. No chickening out.

^

That last photo though. . . Dear God I am NOT looking forward to Friday.

Oh that's this week? Awesome. You better do it. The only way I'll accept that you didn't ride it is if its down all day and I have ways to confirm if that was actually true or not.

. No chickening out.

I'll do it. . . I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for it.

I'm certain these photos are helping.

Sit on the end and peer over the side when you get to the top. You'll know you're there by the little fake out/bounce as the gondola settles into place.

^^ I actually prefer the view of that gorgeous Intamin directly to the left.

^ When you have to walk from Zum to Nitro it actually feels like 30 miles.

FWIW, the Skycoaster at Six Flags was one of the most terrifying experiences I've had in my entire life. And this is someone who isn't nervous on any coaster and now thinks Zumanjaro is a piece of cake.

I don't know what it is but I don't trust the cables on them. Also that you have to pull the cord yourself. The Kissimmee skycoaster might actually be easier for me since its over water. Though I'm sure I'd still get pretty fu*ked up hitting the water at such speed.

I told ya I'll do the one @ Moreys after imbibing my worries away (same way Bill got me on the Skyscraper).

I haven't been on Zum yet, but I would likely have to imbibe a little bit before I hit it as that sh%t is high...damn.

I know CP has Power Tower, but I wonder if they would ever consider relocating PT somewhere else (or just keeping it) and putting one of these on the front of Dragster? Now that would be a pretty awesome view!

...I know CP has Power Tower, but I wonder if they would ever consider relocating PT somewhere else (or just keeping it) and putting one of these on the front of Dragster? Now that would be a pretty awesome view!

This has seriously been a dream of mine since Zumanjaro was announced. Plus, if CP got rid of Power Tower, they could get rid of Corkscrew while they were at it, and that might free up some space for a new coaster!!

Not that it would ever happen... But it's fun to dream, right??

There's no way that will happen, and keep in mind that the state of Ohio could easily come to the same conclusion that the state of New Jersey did about letting the rides run together which would cut Dragster's capacity almost in half.

Power Tower is fine.

This has seriously been a dream of mine since Zumanjaro was announced. Plus, if CP got rid of Power Tower, they could get rid of Corkscrew while they were at it, and that might free up some space for a new coaster!!

Because there is a lack of space at CP, right?

I do like your idea of drop towers on TTD though I bet they would operate it nicely, too!