Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 am

When I visited Adventureland in the Summer of 2016, Inverter was open the entire day. But it was hardly operating because there was just no one going to it. I saw it operating a handful of times and the most people I saw on a cycle was maybe 3.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure I still liked Inverters when I rode the one at Adventureland (after people I was with got stuck on it, even). I was just starting to realize that a lot of people can't stand 'em. They're on my naughty list now, though. (At the time I was more easily impressed, and didn't know how rough or uncomfortable was considered "too much.")

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 pm

The ride cycle on Inverter was very fun, but the restraints hurt my thighs more than Skyrush. I think that is what steered people away from the ride more than anything.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:58 am

Thinking about going in August - do wait times get shorter on Saturday evenings here or is it pretty constant? I'd be going to ride Monster (and maybe Outlaw if it isn't too wild crowd wise) after going to the state fair in the AM.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Does anyone know how much downtime Monster has? I think I may be going in Late July-Early August.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Yubstep101 wrote:Does anyone know how much downtime Monster has? I think I may be going in Late July-Early August.

As long as you don’t go on a windy day you should be fine.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 pm

I’m planning on visiting Adventureland for a few hours on the last Sunday of July. How busy does the park usually get on Sundays?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:18 am

VF15 wrote:I’m planning on visiting Adventureland for a few hours on the last Sunday of July. How busy does the park usually get on Sundays?

I was there on a Sunday around the same time last year, and it wasn't busy at all! Monster's wait maxed out at maybe 10-15 minutes.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 pm

I guess a lap bar came open(according to a guest) on the parks lighthouse ride. No injuries or harm done, but kind of interesting that the park went onto social media to report the incident.

It's good to know that they take these things seriously.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180723-002304_Facebook.jpg

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:42 am

^ :nina:
Post a reply