Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Kiddieland announced for 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:09 pm

^It was originally posted by Ride Entertainment, which is a company that works with Gerstlauer, Funtime, and a few other companies. I have no doubt that it is real.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Thanks for tracking that down, Jordy.

Eli, Seriously??? We don't know anything. You ran across a damn blog post and come parading it around here like it's set in stone. Thanks for completely wasting my time. Next time you're going to post bullsh*t, how about you tell everybody where you got it.

wtf?? Do you not know who Ride Entertainment is? Take a goddamn chill pill, buddy.

Here's Ride Entertainment's tweet btw, for anyone curious: https://twitter.com/RideEnt/status/927597774736183297

Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Thanks for tracking that down, Jordy.

Eli, Seriously??? We don't know anything. You ran across a damn blog post and come parading it around here like it's set in stone. Thanks for completely wasting my time. Next time you're going to post bullsh*t, how about you tell everybody where you got it.

Oh. Ok. Well I'm sorry for..... Making you mad? I just wanted to post that comment real quick before I had to leave for school. I didn't really think to post the link. I didn't mean to make anybody mad.
On an off note, I seriously LOVE the Pig Out name and theme. I'm so excited for this! I love anytime a park makes a big investment like this. Although I was kind of hoping they'd get one of those Zamperla beach houses. But I love what they are getting!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm

To bump the thread, here is a little pointless speculation.

I would like to see Adventureland remove Dragon and replace it with a modern steel coaster, like a Chance Hyper GTX. And as unique as the Underground is, I think it would be good for the park to remove it and replace it with a modern dark ride. The park already has a pretty impressive flat ride collection, but seeing them add to it would be welcomed. Especially since a few of them are aging quite poorly. Alright folks, thoughts?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Vonni wrote:I would like to see Adventureland remove Dragon

Pretty much best idea ever right here. No need for that sentence to go on at all.

But you know, why don't they just call up Hopkins and have them build a log flume with their newfound space?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:37 pm

I don't mind Dragon, but I wouldn't notice it gone either.

The Underground is awesome though, and I doubt it would be replicated with anything modern. It is one the main reasons I'm debating driving 8 hours up there again this year. It's such a cool concept and so unique. A modern dark ride would be nice for the park, but there's no reason to make it at the expense of one of their most interesting rides.

I have a feeling that the next major addition/replacement will be the removal of the Splash Over for something new. Those rides never last.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 am

They should just give Underground the RMC Ibox treatment with updated special effects and animatronics.

I can picture the marketing now.

"New for 2020! (Adjective) Underground! An astounding 12 feet tall with a barrel roll in the dark!
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am

Totally gotta go with Deep Underground, for the theme.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:50 am

Quirky old dark rides > Modern dark rides, in my personal opinion. Give me some leaky boats and cheesy spook effects any day of the week over justice league. Hell, I'll even take Castaway Kids, because WTF? I'm patiently waiting for my trip to Kennywood and Knoebels.

It will be interesting to see where this park is in ten years. I think it could go either way, but progression for the better seems more likely at this point. I'd never heard of this park prior to Monster.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
But you know, why don't they just call up Hopkins and have them build a log flume with their newfound space?

Says the man with all of the right ideas.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:why don't they just call up Hopkins and have them build a log flume with their newfound space?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!