Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Kiddieland announced for 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:13 pm

That's good news. Bringing in more families will hopefully mean more future growth for Adventureland. This park is definitely on my radar.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm

That is good news. I actually thought about it when I visited for the first time this year. They have some kiddie stuff spread around throughout the park, but not nothing really concentrated into a kid's area. This is a highly needed move for them.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby AdventureJack » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Here's the link.

I always liked how you could find a top tier kiddy ride in almost every pocket of the park, but the majority of the markets out there have a designated area for the little ones, and it really makes sense to have it that way. Great for families: Older siblings and parents want to go off and ride the coasters, Space Shot, or Storm Chaser? Have grandma stay and spend time in "The Barnyard" with her grandchildren. Plus, if they continue to add to this area, I can totally see them slowly taking smaller rides out from around the park (or moving them) so there's more land for the future.
[Maybe they want to keep the essence of having milder rides scattered throughout their property though, who knows?]

I've always been really impressed with Adventureland's additions, and planning for the improvement to the park, but this younger generation of management has really impressed me. They just have a great awareness to what is happening in the ride industry, and what's the best addition for them. They attend the same big conventions and expos that the Cedar Fair and the Six Flags teams do. But they make intelligent decisions that work for them. They took a chance on Mondial and Gerstlauer in the recent past and it brought recognition, respect, and that sweet sweet $$$$$$$
21762687_1446705508746163_460491288362831094_o.png

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EliHorton » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Seems like this addition is well received with the people of Des Moines. If you look through the comments on the Facebook post you see nothing but positive comments and people saying that their young ones will definitely enjoy it. I didn't see one comment complaining that it isn't a thrill ride. Adventureland seems like one of those family owned parks that isn't talked about enough. I think the two kiddie rides will probably be a Zamperla jump around and I could either see Zamperla barnyard and of course have the barnyard theme to it, or some miniature tea cups. I don't know why but I'm REALLY looking forward to this addition. It just makes me so happy to see parks filling in little gaps like this.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I had the luck of visiting the park waaaaay back in 1976, when David and I drove back to visit a family reunion.
(He's from Ames). I got to visit two parks just fresh and open to the public: this one and Valleyfair! Great parks,
back then. Good to see that AL is still around and growing very nicely. And supported locally, too! That's
very important I think, with a lot of smaller parks across the country(ies).

:)
FILE0458.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Vonni » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:25 pm

I would like to see Adventureland do a Halloween event

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EliHorton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 am

We now know the two rides that will be coming to Adventureland! One will be a Skyline Crazy Couch called Pig Out and another will be a pony ride that is similar to Moose on the Loose at Darien Lake!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 am

Where are you getting that? I'm not seeing anything more specific than "Two new rides at Bernie's Barnyard" either on their site or Facebook.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 am

^It can be found on Screamscape.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for tracking that down, Jordy.

Eli, Seriously??? We don't know anything. You ran across a damn blog post and come parading it around here like it's set in stone. Thanks for completely wasting my time. Next time you're going to post bullsh*t, how about you tell everybody where you got it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!