TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

According to the park, the ride has already developed a rattle.

Oh god... I can already hear the complaints rolling in... "Did you notice the rattle on Twisted Timbers?? I know its new... but I could feel it... Now that I think about it I felt the same thing on New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, and Outlaw Run."

I was already thinking the cars will look good in real life, seeing the vid I'm thinking the truck front isn't very big. Extreme closeups import no sense of scale. Looking at the video and scrolling twitter, delicious.

I think people will be able to find it with that sign .. Would they flip a "T" at the last minute?

Wow. They're really going all out with the theme on this ride.

I mean... so far they made a sign that says the name of the ride in plain, Helvetica font and out it on the roof of a rectangular metal building.

Look at the bottom left of the FB picture... they're building a pretty substantial faux-brick entrance there, and apparently some covered structures in that pavilion area as well.

Thank you, that's what I was referring to. The station is still a bit of an eyesore but from what I can see, the new entrance looks great.

It’s getting a paint job.

Fastlane question here for the KD locals and regulars.

Does KD offer the perk for Platinum Pass holders to purchase the FL+ band for the FL price in park?

I've searched through most of KD's website and have found no mention of this discount perk for the pass. I know it's offered at CP and until very recently not advertised on the website as well.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

^^Possible, the Pass discount is usually 10% off merch and food. Whereas the Pass discount is the FL+ for the FL price which can be a pretty significant discount at Point with their FL prices. I believe it usually works out to be a 20-30% discount depending on the day.

Guess I'll find out soon enough when the park opens and people start going in a month!

Are the crowds going to be horrible on the 24th? I’ve seen KD get through trains pretty well.

I was at KD for i305's Opening Day (Friday and Saturday). Crowds we not terrible but several rides were closed both days and Volcano, Backlot, and Grizzly were all running one train. Granted that was 8 years ago now, so who knows it might be different this year.

Looks like "Media Day Season" is in full swing! This is the 3rd invite this week! I love getting emails like this...

Damn that's gotta be a good feeling. Wish I could be there for media day I'll just have to go on the passholder preview night the next day lol. Can't wait to see the footage you get!

There is some drone footage I found of Twisted Timbers testing. I am hesitant to post it though because I'm not sure it violates any forum rules. According to the poster he has an agreement worked out with the park management that he can record as long as it's not flown over the park. I tried searching the forums for some feedback on drone footage but couldn't find a ruling. Anyone know the policy on drone footage?

From the looks of the video it's going through the course at a pretty good clip and should give some amazing air time.

There is some drone footage I found of Twisted Timbers testing. I am hesitant to post it though because I'm not sure it violates any forum rules. According to the poster he has an agreement worked out with the park management that he can record as long as it's not flown over the park. I tried searching the forums for some feedback on drone footage but couldn't find a ruling. Anyone know the policy on drone footage?

From the looks of the video it's going through the course at a pretty good clip and should give some amazing air time.

I saw the exact same footage, and went through the exact same thought process. I'll err on the safe side there. Plus that guy has tons of footage flying directly over the park, and claims he was previously banned. I was under the impression that Cedar Fair did not allow any drone flying directly over their parks period.

But anyway, the footage from the referenced video did get me super hyped. Those 3 air time hills in a row are gonna eject serious ass.

I might get hate for this, but I really want them to rip apart Anaconda and place a seriously kick ass launched wing coaster in place of it...or a serious kick ass B&M Invert. Just something seriously kick ass in that spot over the lake.

Fight me.

seriously kick A$$ launched wing coaster
serious kick A$$ B&M Invert.
seriously kick A$$ in that spot over the lake.

The park took how many years between I305 and Twisted Timbers? I wouldn't hold your breath. The parks newest coaster isnt even open yet and you're already on about what coaster they're gonna add next. Relax, Twisted Timbers will be seriously kick ass.

They already have a coaster over the lake that will kick your a$$, or at least kick your head.

Seems to me I305 was the last coaster at KD that won't be some kind of replacement of a previous one, plus their main statement coaster, now that they are entering the replacement phase with TT they may come a bit faster out of necessity, or closures at any rate, say in 2 years after another minor upgrade and another 2 years to replace a coaster.

I'm digging the simplistic nature of this RMC, in that it just has a bunch of airtime hills in a row.

It's still really complicated compared to what was there, but yeah it looks great, better than their previous with the same stats but based on Cyclonic layouts. Probably the most "from the ground up" bits of any conversion, contrasts a lot with Steel Vengeance which is basically a whole, whole bunch of random stuff to carve up.