TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm super excited for Twisted Timbers. I love that the layout is super focused on airtime. Opening day can't come soon enough!

I'm really excited for TT as well. For me, the coaster doesn't have to be the biggest and baddest and fastest (although that's certainly nice) and twistiest to be awesome. Hopefully it has somewhat speedy dispatches because I'm anticipating it to be a massive hit with the general parkgoers.

I would be kind of bummed out if The Crypt was removed but it makes sense it seems to have considerable downtime compared to other rides in the park. I hope if they take it out they add more large flat rides in because I do like parks with at least 3-5 larger flats.

Not only does The Crypt have a lot of downtime but that whole area smells awful from the gas for the fire effect and it makes me (and others) kind of sick. People love watching it run though, when it's operating. I rode it once several years ago and came off not knowing what universe I was in for the next hour or so which is unfortunate because I enjoyed it. What sort of flats would you like to see put in? I'd absolutely love a massive S&S Screaming Swing like SkyHawk at CP. That's the only flat ride that gets me legitimately nervous because it goes so dang high and right over the walkways! In a dream world there would be some super spap-able flyers instead of those miserable ones by the antique cars with operations that rival the crew on Bizarro at SFGAdv. I'm also a huge fan of Condors but I know that'd never happen either

I'd love to see a Mondial Top Scan although not necessarily in Safari Village. I absolutely would LOVE an S&S Screamin Swing I rode the Barnstormer at Dollywood and now I want every park everywhere to build them but one hasn't been put up in years.

I'd love to see a Mondial Top Scan although not necessarily in Safari Village. I absolutely would LOVE an S&S Screamin Swing I rode the Barnstormer at Dollywood and now I want every park everywhere to build them but one hasn't been put up in years.

Screaming Swing for the win! One of the scariest flat rides I ever rode.

I could literally ride screaming swings all day. Win the lottery? First thing I'm buying. Best one is CPs.

YES! The only one by me was Dorney. Everytime I went my friends thought I was silly for paying the extra fee to ride it. I like it that much. Cedar Point's is good. I think Kennywood's and Lake Compounce's are nice too.

Compounces was good but I felt short. Dorneys was good, I did theirs a few times. I skipped Kennywoods for more rides on the coasters (dumb). I'm always up for them. Skyhawk just felt so enormous. I'm partial to Moreys because I ride it all the time, and while its a smaller 8-passanger version, its already elevated 20 feet up off the pier and when you sit on the side facing the pier you are staring down at the beach (adding another 15 feet or so). They actually know me @ that ride, its scary. This past year I had my first ever season pass and with it you get free SS rides - its normally an upcharge, so I took as much advantage of that as I possibly could this year. I wish I had counted how many times I've ridden it this year, I suppose I could go back through reports and tally. Bonus is its an upcharge and there is literally never a wait. Would love it if more parks got them, especially the giant ones.

Count me in as someone that wishes that they had screaming swings and giant frisbees at every park. Both are the best flat rides this side of a Tilt-A-Whirl, Zipper or a Rock-O-Plane.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to marathon Skyhawk on Friday night's (when it used to be open - booo!) at Halloweekends. I think that I rode six times in a row without leaving me seat.

So much fun once you get over that terrifying feeling of being damn near almost upside down without an OTSR. I have noticed that several drinks or beers helps you get over that fear a lot quicker too!

Pull the trigger and make it happen KD! I would be all for them removing Crypt for a screaming swing.

I could literally ride screaming swings all day. Win the lottery? First thing I'm buying. Best one is CPs.

Count me in as part of the Screamin' Swing fan club! Love them, and love Sky Hawk! I only wish the max portion of the ride cycle lasted a little longer... I'd love to be in that upside-down on either side part of the ride for at three swings each side!

As someone who rode a Screaming Swing for the first time last month (Silver Dollar City's), I can say that they are now one of my favorite flat rides. I'd love to see one at this park. I honestly never was a huge fan of The Crypt.

Just remember the best one is at Glenwood Caverns.

I was going to post something about that one...I admit that I get a bit nervous on the screaming swings at first and then embrace being terrified and by the end of the ride, I'm screaming in glee like a little girl. As others have said, if the ride cycle was a bit longer...

With that said, while I want to try the one at Glenwood, I wonder if I would take one look at it and go "Oh, hell no!" similar to what I said when we went to the top of Stratosphere in Vegas!

I'm heading to the park Saturday morning. I know very well that the later the day gets the more insane the crowds will become. Does anybody have any experience with what the early Saturdays in October are like? I went once 3 years ago but I can't really remember around what time the crowds started filling in. Believe the lines were pretty short the first couple hours.

I went last year on closing-weekend-Saturday and crowds did get nuts by like 1:00. I'll be going this Saturday as well, and have fully budgeted for FL+ and Fright Lane.

I went last year on closing-weekend-Saturday and crowds did get nuts by like 1:00. I'll be going this Saturday as well, and have fully budgeted for FL+ and Fright Lane.

1pm? Geesh gonna have to get the family members who haven't ridden Intimidator 305 yet over there early.