TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Hello! I already asked for BGW tips in the BGW thread, but since I'm also visiting King's Dominion on Wednesday, I'd like to hear some input on the same practical questions:

- What crowds and queues can I expect?

- Which rides get the biggest queues and should I try to do first? Is there a recommended order?

- What are the best seats in every coaster?

Thanks!

Hello! I already asked for BGW tips in the BGW thread, but since I'm also visiting King's Dominion on Wednesday, I'd like to hear some input on the same practical questions:

- What crowds and queues can I expect?

- Which rides get the biggest queues and should I try to do first? Is there a recommended order?

- What are the best seats in every coaster?

Thanks!

-Since you're going on Wednesday, crowds should be pretty light and I would expect most queues should have minimal wait times with the exception of a few rides.

-Head to Volcano first since that always has a long queue through out most of the day,. If you get there first thing in morning when the park opens, you can get a few rides in.

-I might be a little biased since I'm a backseat rider, but most rides there are great in the last row, notably Dominator, Intimidator, and Grizzly. However, I do prefer the front on Volcano and Flight Of Fear.

That screams "announcement date" to me. It's a Wednesday in late August with an 8:00 close (so they expect the place to be dead) so it's a great day to hold an announcement event at the park (assuming that's how they do it) to try to get a few extra people through the gates.

That screams "announcement date" to me. It's a Wednesday in late August with an 8:00 close (so they expect the place to be dead) so it's a great day to hold an announcement event at the park (assuming that's how they do it) to try to get a few extra people through the gates.

Everybody already know they are getting RMC Hurler for 2018 so it's interesting to do a tease. Any secondary addition if there is one, likely won't be big. They already recently did Planet Snoopy 2013, the water park expansion 2015, and 3 kid rides in 2016. They could add another flat, they added Delerium in 2017

No, "everybody" does not know that. Enthusiasts know that. Lots of passholders go to the announcements that aren't as fanatical as the enthusiast community.

Also, while we know it's an RMC we don't know much about the layout. We'll know more by August, but I'm sure it'll still be far from complete.

When looking at the image, I noticed that the order happens to be, "GROVE", "APPLE", "SNOOPY", and then "2018" in the text. This also happens to be chronological order, going from the Candy Apple Grove addition of Delirium, then to the Planet Snoopy expansion with the family rides, and then 2018. Just a thought, maybe it listed the prior additions, and then '2018' signifying that it'll be their next new ride, RMC Hurler.

Went there yesterday. Actually the link two posts up is from my trip. There are other picture I wish I could've gotten but they'd be illegal to get and post. There was a crane up removing track from the back side of the ride. Most of the track is gone and there's tons of boxes and stuff going on at the park. Looks exciting. Also Volcano was down yesterday afternoon but open in the morning. Even the Crypt was down for a bit yesterday.

^Glad you were able to see that!

One thing I really hope is that the back of Candy Apple Grove is made into an enjoyable place. I hope to see not only some theming in the new ride a la Banshee and Mystic Timbers but the ambiance of the surrounding area is modern and up to par with the rest of the park. This could include replacing the cracked asphalt with a nicer material (sidewalk maybe) and improving the landscaping. The area has been pretty depressing and bland for quite some time now.

Made it back to the park today but unfortunately Volcano and Avalanche were still down. While we were on the ferris wheel we noticed that more RMC track had been installed on Hurler. Have some pictures but not sure if it is OK to post.

From what I've seen, the Ferris Wheel is a very popular place to take pics from in Kings Dominion, besides the Eiffel Tower.

I always check but most parks are ok with you taking pictures on observation rides like observation towers, ferris wheels, trains, etc.