The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 308 - Disney Fantasy Star Wars at Sea Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Re: The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Postby cparkes92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Jew wrote:Surprised they are still alive...that's a lot of Carnival food to consume!

I remember when Robb and Elissa did a Carnival cruise and they called it the "Klassy Kruise" or something like that.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Yep! With the hashtag #walmartoftheseas!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1156055
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Mon May 01, 2017 11:48 am

[url][url=http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7781]Disney Cruise Ship Makes Historic Journey Through New Panana Locks[/url][/url]

April 29, 2017

(4 p.m. EDT) -- Disney Wonder today became the first passenger vessel to sail through the Panama Canal's new expanded locks, the first of 18 cruise ships scheduled to make the journey during the 2017-2018 season.

The transit represents a major milestone: The expanded locks, which opened in 2016, allow larger vessels to make take the journey; the older lock system is smaller, and many modern cruise ships can't fit through.

"The original Panama Canal has been a cruise destination for many years," Panama Canal Deputy Administrator Manuel Benitez said in a press release. "Today’s historic transit marks the beginning of cruise lines being able to include the new locks as part of their itineraries, opening up additional transit options and allowing cruise passengers to witness first-hand this feat of modern engineering."

Indeed, the Panama Canal is a popular cruising itinerary, with a short season that runs in late spring and again in early fall. Passengers often sail from a West Coast port, such as San Diego or San Francisco, through the Canal to a Florida port, or vice versa. Disney Wonder is traveling west, on a cruise that began in Port Canaveral and will finish in San Diego, where it will ultimately reposition and begin the Alaska cruise season.

Disney Wonder is 984 feet long and 32 meters wide. Other cruise lines also have larger ships that will make the Panama Canal transit for the first time this year, including Caribbean Princess, which is wider than the maximum allowed through the old locks. It will is scheduled to make the transit this fall. The expanded Canal locks are 70 feet wider and 18 feet deeper than the locks in the original Canal.

--By Colleen McDaniel, Senior Executive Editor
disneywonderpanamacanal.jpg

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Fri May 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Thought you all might enjoy this, since it isn't something seen every day, here is the time lapse of the deconstruction of the Costa Concordia, which has since been completed.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 am

That time lapse is pretty cool, thanks for sharing the video with us!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks for sharing it! I'm still amazed at the whole event.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Trevor Hamilton » Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Just found out today my family is planning a 3 day Cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream then 2 days at WDW in October for my mom's 50th birthday. I'm 16 and my brother's 19 but you're never too old for Disney :mickey:

Really excited, but can anyone let me know the best things to do on the Dream? Like I've been researching but I want to know the best places to eat and all that.
My Top 5 Roller Coasters:
1. Griffon 2. Fury 325 3. 1305 4. Maverick 5. El Toro
Coaster Count: 101
Park Count: 17
Home Park: Hershey Park
Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Jccoasterfan » Sun May 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Trevor Hamilton wrote:Just found out today my family is planning a 3 day Cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream then 2 days at WDW in October for my mom's 50th birthday. I'm 16 and my brother's 19 but you're never too old for Disney :mickey:

Really excited, but can anyone let me know the best things to do on the Dream? Like I've been researching but I want to know the best places to eat and all that.

Well, since I've been on a total of 5 Disney cruises with my family (and I've sailed on all four ships), there is just so much to do.

Is this your first time on a Disney cruise? As far as food (not sure if you read up on this yet), but Disney offers a unique thing called "rotational dining", where during dinner, you, your servers, and other tables will rotate to a different restaurant each night (of the three main dining rooms, which on the Dream are Animator's Palate, Enchanted Garden, and Royal Palace). Each restaurant has different theming and menus. They're all good in my opinion! There's also the Cabanas, which is the ship's main buffet, containing numerous food options. We usually eat there for breakfast and lunch most days. You do have the option to eat there for dinner if interested. The food is one of the best parts of the cruise! Also be sure to check out "Flo's Cafe" for some quick food and pizza outside on Deck 11. Deck 11 is also home to "Vanellope's Sweets and Treats".

There are so many activities to do on board. Be sure to check out Vibe, which is the teen club on the ship. Since you mentioned your brother being 19 years old, have him check out the "1820 Society", for those who are from 18 to 20 years old. Although they don't have a designated "club", they are allowed into the adult areas but just can't drink. They can't be allowed into the teen spaces, though.

Honestly it's so hard to describe everything. You have character appearances around the ship, various movies, and don't forget about the incredible shows and entertainment!! Nothing compares to the entertainment onboard a Disney cruise.
Oh, and you'll love Pirate Night!

Hope this was enough info to give! As I mentioned before, there's is just too much to discuss really. You all will love the ship!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby The Great Zo » Tue May 23, 2017 10:44 pm

I just posted a trip report of a cruise I took in February on the RCCL Brilliance -- it was a concert cruise, essentially a floating four-day music festival. Definitely not the standard cruise experience! A link for those who are interested:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1795596#p1795596
-- Andy

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lankou » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am

Amazing show yesterday for the start of "The Bridge" sail race between St-Nazaire and New-York.
"The Bridge" is a race in honor of American soldiers who came in St-Nazaire in 1917 June.

The A380 fly over Queen Mary 2 during the start and we can see Symphony of the Seas under construction :

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!