The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 308 - Disney Fantasy Star Wars at Sea Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Postby alexinla » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 am

I am a downer on this one as I think this really works only with a US Crowd. For those who like this, good for them and have fun. For me, it would be my worst nightmare.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:48 am

^If this is your worst nightmare, you must have a pretty awesome life! ;)

I'm not a Star Wars fan and haven't seen any of the new movies, but nothing 'bothered me' or got in my way at all. Pretty easy to ignore/avoid if you just wanted a normal day at sea.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 am

Looks like another great event by Disney. I especially like the Storm Troopers interacting with the guests.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 am

alexinla wrote:I am a downer on this one as I think this really works only with a US Crowd. For those who like this, good for them and have fun. For me, it would be my worst nightmare.

Wow, thanks for your highly positive (sarcasm), and also totally incorrect opinion (this only works with a US crowd) on this subject. You know that you don't HAVE to hear yourself speak, right? And the rest of us will go about our day just fine?
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am

alexinla wrote:I am a downer on this one as I think this really works only with a US Crowd. For those who like this, good for them and have fun. For me, it would be my worst nightmare.

one of my friends, who does a TON of cruising, went in Jan on the "Star Trek" cruise.

He had invited me along, and it was really inexpensive too (guess they were having issues filling both sailings, since the rooms were REALLY cheap for a 5 day cruise featuring tons of Star Trek cast members, and lots of themed activities).
Anyways, I couldn't join him since I didn't have the time off, and it was sailing out of Florida and he asked if I wanted to join like 5 days prior to cruising.

the point of my story here? he was concerned about going, since he's NOT a Star Trek fan at all, and was just grabbing it as a cheap cruise, but he was concerned he'd be miserable.

he not only was NOT miserable, he had so much fun (terming it among the best cruises he's ever taken) that he has already booked full cost passage for the 2019 Star Trek Cruise.

The pics he shared during the "red shirt" parties, hanging out with cast members, the Q&A's. .he said he didn't do his regular cruise stuff, since he was having such a ball with the Trek group.

so.. long story short? don't judge it without experiencing it.

you might enjoy it.

--> He's made his Trek Cruise post public, so if there's interest, I'll ask him if I can link to his pictures here. . he took over 300.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:36 am

robbalvey wrote:

Wow, thanks for your highly positive (sarcasm), and also totally incorrect opinion (this only works with a US crowd) on this subject. You know that you don't HAVE to hear yourself speak, right? And the rest of us will go about our day just fine?

How can a opinion be incorrect? It is just a my personal opinion that you do not have to agree with, which is fine. Not here to ruin anybodies day, but I think it should be ok to have a opinion on a message board, even if goes against the administrors opinion. And I speak a lot and hear myself too which is usually just fine.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CPGemini08 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 am

Has anyone ever taken the Explorer of the Sea on an excursion through the southern part of Alaska? My family and I doing this mid-June this year and I was wondering if anyone has done the trip yet?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 pm

^The itinerary for the cruises on Explorer are kind of like 'Alaska Lite'. Nothing wrong, in fact we're booked on one for next summer, but you certainly won't get the whole Alaska Experience. Now, that being said, you'll be on a better ship than 90% of Alaska cruises so that's an added bonus.

^^You can say what you want, but saying that in your opinion a Star Wars Day at Sea would be your 'worst nightmare' just makes you look dumb. You know, nuclear war, family member dying, waking up in class naked...these are nightmares, not a day on a cruise ship. ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

alexinla wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

How can a opinion be incorrect? It is just a my personal opinion that you do not have to agree with, which is fine. Not here to ruin anybodies day, but I think it should be ok to have a opinion on a message board, even if goes against the administrors opinion. And I speak a lot and hear myself too which is usually just fine.

Your "opinion:"
alexinla wrote:this only works with a US crowd

Is wrong. Factually wrong.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:46 pm.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Now THAT looks like a fun way to spend a day on the water.  (And those whimsical Star War characters never fail to make me laugh.  So droll!)

ELISSA, I've always thought of Kristen as your "Mini-Me."  But now, I'm also seeing a resemblance between her and your MOM, Janice!   3 generations of such pretty look-alikes sharing fun and fantasy!  Enjoy making all these special memories, together!   :) :) :)

Alice

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!