Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:38 am

Some pretty tall towers going up in the Rookburgh area

Source
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mjollner » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:59 am

cookiex wrote:Some pretty tall towers going up in the Rookburgh area

Source

Out of all the things being built in the world, THIS is the one I'm most excited about. Record-breakers and new RMC-remakes are exciting, but a new massive prototype-coaster we know little about, set in a heavily themed environment just tickles me so much more.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:56 am

^ :nina: :nina:

Couldn't agree more! And knowing Phantasialand, it is guaranteed to be yet another stunning experience.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby viking86 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 am

I must honestly admit that I had completely forgotten about this ride being built. It will definitely be interesting to see how it turns out, because I have absolutely no idea...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 pm

^^^ This looks as tall/huge and in the open as the Guardians/Galaxy coaster show building being built in EPCOT at WDW!

So far. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sonbart » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 am

Rookburgh entrance:

Courtesy of Ride Review

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:18 am

For me this is probably on the most anticipated attractions in a long time. Phantasialand always does everything to the max, but with Taron we at least knew what the ride system was and was capable of. With the (presumed to be) Vekoma flyer I don't know what to expect. There are trenches, and towers, I think I saw a curved launch track somewhere once, I know about the sideways to flying twist the trains do but still what this system is capable of is a bit of a mystery and I'm excited to find out more.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NCC1701-E » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:48 am

Some new pictures taken from Fantasy...

1.jpg

2.jpg

very sweet near miss...
Source: Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits (CSLKennyNI)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:31 am

Phantasialand is allegedly planning a large demolition project at the end of this season (January 2019).
It is said to be the removal of the Geister Rikscha dark ride and the China Town area with the exception of Hotel Ling Bao and Feng Ju Palace.

It certainly won't be Temple of the Nighthawk and Hollywood Tour since the park's popular dinner show Fantissima which is in the same building is currently taking bookings for 2019 and there are no signs of a replacement venue being built anytime soon (by this point a new home in Rookburgh seems very unlikely). Perhaps the China Project will include a replacement theatre, paving the way for them to be removed afterwards?

Another rumour claims the China Town name will be dropped and the area will be renamed 'Asia' when the rebuild is finished.

A few sites are reporting this including Screamscape but I believe the orginial source of the rumour is German site FreizeitparkCheck.de.

Hopefully after 3 coasters and a major water ride they will build a new dark ride, certainly would make sense to reuse Geister's underground hall.

That Geister would be the next ride to be removed has been rumoured for a while now so it will be interesting to if there is any truth in the claims that it will be demolished this Winter.

One way or another as we approach the completion of Rookburgh the next major PHL project must be coming sooner or later...

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:36 am

Here's a picture showing some of the trackwork on FLY. Still quite a lot of track to complete, plus theming which - knowing Phantasialand - will be no small undertaking.
41512194_306255066860588_1235934919419894897_n.jpg
Image: thrillsensations (Instagram)/PLS (Twitter)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!