Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 224 - Taron Opening Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:08 pm

1aflack wrote:Thanks for the reply.

The ERT sounds great but I have read through the booking information and it doesn't say anything about ERT anywhere. Don't get me wrong this would be amazing but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the tips of Cororado and the fantasy area.

I just returned from a visit myself and it said nothing on the booking confirmation about the ERT. But it is free for ALL hotelguests :) They give you bracelets for it when you check in ;)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby 1aflack » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:21 pm

That should make the Friday much better. Thanks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Taron » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:22 pm

1aflack wrote:Thanks for the reply.

The ERT sounds great but I have read through the booking information and it doesn't say anything about ERT anywhere. Don't get me wrong this would be amazing but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the tips of Cororado and the fantasy area.

I tried looking for an English version, yet oddly I was only able to find the a German version for the ERT: http://www.phantasialand.de/de/hotels/klugheim-exklusiv/
Here is my basic translation of the interesting tidbits:
In the time until the 31st of October we offer all hotel guests the exclusive opportunity to use the world record rollercoasters TARON and RAIK 30 minutes after park closure. For one hour you can take your extra rounds!
[..]
This offer is only available to hotel guests with a payed park ticket.

I hope this helps to cheer you up a little after I was the one to shock you earlier. :) Just ask at the reception when you check in.

So as DaveDowning already said, completely ignore Klugheim during normal opening hours. Most people agree that its better in the evening anyways. In the morning head for Winjas and Fantasy Area, then Chiapas (depending on weather) since those can get quite busy. Maybe do Black Mamba after that if times are ok and then just go for the less crowded attractions and do the rest on the next day. The kiddie rides are also usually less crowded. The park has a list of its attractions with height restrictions if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/attractions-overview/

As Dave Downing already mentioned there is also Baby Switch, so one of the adults can stay with the kid(s), and the other can ride. When the one riding comes off the person that stayed with the kid(s) can directly skip the queue. Not sure if they do this on busy days of if at all, but try asking if you can take your daughter again if she fits ride restrictions. I was always curious if they let kids ride twice. You can also borrow buggies or bollis at guest services. More info here:
http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/

I hope this helps.

Postby 1aflack » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:16 am

Excellent, thanks for your help.

I'll let you know how I get on.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Projektion » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:19 am

DaveDowning wrote:At the moment any visit on the weekend should be highly discouraged. There are three reasons for it (plus good weather):

a) School Holidays
b) Season comes to an end, so the 2-for-1 tickets handed out earlier in the year need to be used
c) Taron

Some things from today:

Packed beyond relief on a Sunday in October (never saw that before). Taron at 90-120mins (never saw that before in October), all others > 30 min (also never saw that in October). Also loads of fans and enthusiasts in the park.

Update on the building site:

Drill is in place.

Just seen this post now. You say to avoid the park on weekends, but how is it mid week, since I'm there staying on site from the 24th to the 28th.
Coasters: 83
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Wodan: Timbur Coaster

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

Postby flaffstar » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Projektion wrote:Just seen this post now. You say to avoid the park on weekends, but how is it mid week, since I'm there staying on site from the 24th to the 28th.

Total emptiness in the park except for taron probably having a 30 minute queue time. School holidays are over next week, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Taron » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:53 pm

The Hotel-ERT for Klugheim has been extended for the winter season. All hotel guests get exclusive ride time on Taron and Raik in the morning from 10am to 11am, with the exception of the 25th of December.

Source (German)

Postby 1aflack » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:33 am

Thought I should report back, we visited last Friday and Saturday and stayed in the hotel Matamba.

The park was unbelievably busy on the Friday but the queue times weren't that bad, Colorado no more than 20 minutes, Maus De Chocolate about the same. I think many people just come in for free to take a look around the park. Saturday wasn't far of in terms of people and queue times were only slightly longer. There are some pinch points in the park when it gets that busy though which make it difficult to get around.

My 4 year old loved Colorado Adventure so we probably rode 10 times over the two days. The hotel ERT really is great, you basically have the whole area to yourself with front and back row waits only generally 1 train, although the hotel is expensive so you certainly pay for it. Thought Taron was excellent, especially the second half and Raik is a great family coaster....although not as good as Colorado Adventure.

We stayed in the Chinese hotel about 8 years ago and thought it very nice, hotel Matamba is a better family hotel, the separate tented room is very helpful if you have kids. Being completely honest I thought the whole package of 2 nights/2 days in park a little expensive. It's pretty much the same price as Europa Park and they just don't have the same amount of attractions but overall we had a great time.

Can't believe how close the houses are to the park.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BigBad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:44 pm

How do the restraints on Taron compare to Skyrush? Both use overhead lap bars, and I can confirm that the ones on Skyrush are far from pleasant, but I've heard a lot of good about Mack's overhead lap bars that I'm wondering what improvements Intamin has made since 2012.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 am

The lap-bar and seat on Taron are about the very best on the market in my opinion. It's as confortable as a Mack, only more open on the upper body, which is welcomed.

I haven't rode Skyrush, but I rode Altair that got yet another kind of lap-bar from Intamin. It's like day and night ; Altair isn't unconfortable, but it's all cramped, and the bar tends to crush the thighs a bit. Nothing like Taron.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!