Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby mr.sugar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 am

Oh, so better not to plan much in advance.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

Just watched the Taron POV video . . . . gotta like those double launchers :)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Was at the park last Thursday, and heard from a few different members of staff that Rookburgh will open in 2019.
They all seem to be under that impression, and considering how much work there still is to do, and how much theming will be going in (the park's creative team have said Rookburgh would surpass Klugheim in terms of detailed and immersive theming), I now think the same to be honest.
I'd say that one corner of the site where track and buildings have started to go up only covers about 30% of the area.
There was a lot of activity on the rest of the site though and a lot of concrete foundations + walls work has been done since the last photo I saw of the site 2 weeks ago. So construction is steadily progressing but I think almost certainly it won't be open in 2018. Not a bad thing though - it will look amazing when done and with such a major head start on construction it will definitely be ready for 2019 (no Chiapas situations here).

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Did you talk to the Dippin Dots guy? :lmao:
Although I think 2019 too, but why would they advertise it now? Let's say the ride opens mid july 2018. that is still 8 months from now, just go back in this thread and look how Klugheim looked 8 months before opening. It is not that much different and we have no clue how complex the theming will be and of course you have to count in the weather in winter that can delay construction.
It will open eventually

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

alexinla wrote:Although I think 2019 too, but why would they advertise it now?

Hey at least they're not marketing nearly 4 years ahead like Gröna Lund :lol:

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:29 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:
alexinla wrote:Although I think 2019 too, but why would they advertise it now?

Hey at least they're not marketing nearly 4 years ahead like Gröna Lund :lol:

:nina: :nina:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 am

alexinla wrote:Did you talk to the Dippin Dots guy? :lmao:
Although I think 2019 too, but why would they advertise it now? Let's say the ride opens mid july 2018. that is still 8 months from now, just go back in this thread and look how Klugheim looked 8 months before opening. It is not that much different and we have no clue how complex the theming will be and of course you have to count in the weather in winter that can delay construction.
It will open eventually

Klugheim was half standing in the terms of rockwork and track work was completed in the October before opening. Rookburgh is still mostly a large concrete hole in the ground.
I was hoping for a 2018 opening but my optimism has went away after seeing the site for myself and knowing how long they spent on Klugheim.
The early advertising thing confuses me too though (perhaps still gives me a glimer of hope for 2018?) Maybe though it was simply to make it known what they were building before track started going up and the surprise would have been ruined.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DaveDowning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

My thoughts exactly. Track was supposed to be visible days later, so they announced it. Also, there is not much sense in Opening new areas in that short frequency. Klugheim and Taron still pull in major crowds. No need to get the next thing up that quickly. Plus we don't know what else might pop up in Rookburgh. There's a good chance that there will be another family-focused attraction added to it. Or a replacement for Lilaque, or both.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Pear » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Wasn't there a rumor about the park building a new hotel for this land as well? I can't imagine them being done for 2018 if that's the case.
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!