TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Only problem I have with visiting is deciding which one of the two hotels to stay in.

Ling Bao has excellent bars and one hell of a courtyard. Dragon Bar alone is worth it but it has funky opening hours, so look into it. The rooms are also very nice. My only issue with the place is it's built like a maze.

Matamba is well themed and I definitely enjoyed my stay there, but they're seriously lacking in things to do outside of your room. The food is good but there's only one bar and a small outdoor area.

If you're looking for a more resort vibe, Ling Bao has more to offer, IMO.

Ling Bao has excellent bars and one hell of a courtyard. Dragon Bar alone is worth it but it has funky opening hours, so look into it. The rooms are also very nice. My only issue with the place is it's built like a maze.

Matamba is well themed and I definitely enjoyed my stay there, but they're seriously lacking in things to do outside of your room. The food is good but there's only one bar and a small outdoor area.

If you're looking for a more resort vibe, Ling Bao has more to offer, IMO.

Hmm... If Matamba is significantly cheaper than Ling Bao then the "not much to do" probably doesn't matter since after spending all day at the park I'd probably be too tired to do anything else at the hotel anymore. But is it cheaper?

^ When TPR was there in 2010 and we stayed at Matamba, we had this nice breakfast available,

and could immediately take it outside to tables in a smaller courtyard. It was nice, I remember.

771660645_ResizeofK-04.jpg.cf0a512df9ed57067a43a0ec340b4639.jpg

In front of a model of the Matamba Hotel, that stayed for a while, after it was built and opened. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

Hey actually can someone tell me what rides are closed during Wintertraum and actually how different Phantasialand is during Wintertraum? (also is it very busy?)

I've been thinking of going somewhere this november and if all their big rides are open during Wintertraum I'd probably go there. And I don't mind cooler weather I live in Finland.

The only major ride that is closed would be River Quest, otherwise, coasters should be open, even Chiapas. Some of the other water rides will be closed, but that is not a major loss.

Christmas time in Germany is magical and Phantasialand is no difference, there will be a ice ring, lightshows, incredible decorations, special shows like that fire show by Chiapas that is amazing. The park is always worth to visit, but I think Wintertraum is very special and I know that I will be there

Hey actually can someone tell me what rides are closed during Wintertraum and actually how different Phantasialand is during Wintertraum? (also is it very busy?)

I've been thinking of going somewhere this november and if all their big rides are open during Wintertraum I'd probably go there. And I don't mind cooler weather I live in Finland.

Wintertraum is amazing! It's not that much different at daytime, but once it gets dark...oh boy! I would still avoid the weekends though, to be perfectly honest. Way too crowded on my last few visits. I posted a short TR of the 2015 Wintertraum, if you want to have a quick look: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71299

Wintertraum can be quite busy, so visit the park in the frist two weeks of the event (end Nov, start dec) because the park is REALLY empty then.

I was thinking of going like on basically the first days cause I want to spend the christmas month at home, so if it's empty then, that's perfect!

You see the longest line i've ever waited for a ride was 40 minutes for Colossus at thorpe park in 2012, and that was bearable only cause I was with a friend. I typically plan everything onto empty days

Yeah I went in the first week of Wintertraum last year and decided I should make it a yearly ritual because it was amazingly quiet. All the rides were walk-ons, save for Taron. But even that ride had about a 5-10 minute wait, so I managed to ride it 17 times. Have to say, I was completely spaced out after that ...

You should definitely try to get in some last rides on Taron way at the end of the day just before it closes, because it looks amazing at night, especially in front (its hard to get a front seat though, because everybody wants in on it and with an empty park, the ride ops get annoyed when literally everybody begs for front seat).

Also personally, last year I thought the closing ceremony wasn't really worth it, but the special show at the Chiapas ride is totally worth seeing. Do take note though, they close Chiapas for the show because of all the fire effects, so don't forget to ride Chiapas before then (the show is at 5-ish if I remember correctly).

If anything, I would guess it is going to be a launch up a half loop. I know there has been much speculation that riders will start on their backs and use a half loop to get into flying position, so a launched half loop would fit that narrative perfectly. Regardless, the fact that Phantasialand is behind it almost guarantees it will be awesome. I went there for the first time last month, and this park may or may not be tempting me to study abroad in Germany.

If anything, I would guess it is going to be a launch up a half loop. I know there has been much speculation that riders will start on their backs and use a half loop to get into flying position, so a launched half loop would fit that narrative perfectly.

The old Vekoma system started with riders on their back. However this new generation flyer won't do this as it utilises the new loading system. Also the launch pieces show the launch will be made in the flying position.

So if it is a half loop launch you will exit it on your back. I assume then it will invert so you immediately return to the flying position and swoop down over Rookburgh.