TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Great news. I'm sure that Phantasialand will do a great work with this ride, considering the standards of their other attractions.

Can't wait to ride it next year! (or in 2019? )

RCDB has it now listed as a 2018 opening. But nothing is confirmed yet, so 2019 could be possible as well. Although I think we are looking at a 2018 opening here.

Great news. I'm sure that Phantasialand will do a great work with this ride, considering the standards of their other attractions.

Can't wait to ride it next year! (or in 2019? )

RCDB has it now listed as a 2018 opening. But nothing is confirmed yet, so 2019 could be possible as well. Although I think we are looking at a 2018 opening here.

Considering they are starting to hype up the new area and ride I doubt its for 2019. Work is advancing rapidly, especially if rumours that supports have arrived/will soon arrive on site are true, so I can't see it not being summer 2018 (unless there is some sort of delay).

Phantasialand is on a roll First Taron and Riak now this.

Don't forget Black Mamba, Talocan, Wakobato, Maus au Chocolat, Wellenflug and Chiapas. All these rides opened in the past 10 years, that's just insane!

Hate to tell you but Black Mamba is 11 years old.

But all jocking aside yeah they had an insane run the past 10 years, even if you consider that what you collected are just big rides.

In 2007 Talocan, 2008 a new hotel (Matatamba) [jet removal], 2009 Wakobato and 2 small rides near the entrance [Arch, playground, Gondelbahn and waltztraum removed], 2010 5 small rides added First half Kaizerplatz, 2011 Maus au Chocolat, Wellenflug and Tikal Second half Kaizerplatz [partly new theming Colorado, Stonewash and Wildwash removal], 2012 Hotel Tartüff, 2013 [Rest of Colorado's new theming}, 2014 [silbermine removed] Chiapas opens, 2015 [Race to Atlantis removed], 2016 Raik and Taron open, 2017 [River Quest retheme, lot of theming completion (Taron, Chiapas), 2018? Possible year of F.L.Y.?

I thought to include the removals as well as there where a lot. This list puts other parks to shame really,

Phantasialand is on a roll First Taron and Riak now this.

Don't forget Black Mamba, Talocan, Wakobato, Maus au Chocolat, Wellenflug and Chiapas. All these rides opened in the past 10 years, that's just insane!

Hate to tell you but Black Mamba is 11 years old.

Shoot, you've got me there. But still, very impressive for the past 11 years!

Well f.. "chuckles" , ah I mean "unicorns!"

My home park makes me so proud. That is my money, my loyalty in terms of attendance over years and spent well. Thank you so much Phantasialand. I am so grateful for that.

A lauchned flyer. What has been made fun of in all german forums for years finally gets real. I can not believe it!

I wonder where Phantasialand takes the money from. After Klugheim now this. How much visitors do they have? 2 millions?

Well, I think I theorized this when Klugheim was being built (or it was about energylandia), but it is simply possible that Phantasialand just puts all their extra profits into developing new stuff, instead of keeping it or dealing it around for execs. For example my home park Linnanmäki has roughly something over 1 million yearly guests (no super accurate info available) and they're able to donate over 4 million euros (roughly 4.5 million $) to charity annually, even after new improvements which means easily parks with more guests have lots of spare money (consider how much Merlin lost daily when Smiler was closed yet they survived)

Somebody asked me how can they invest at this rate considering that Efteling, having more than twice the numbers, can only invest 35 million. Well, entrance fees are high for PHL (still worth every Euro) and Germans are known for spending a lot of money on their day away. And indeed, ad the fact that they invest a lot of their profits and is makes more sense.

Edited by ItsMe

I wonder where Phantasialand takes the money from. After Klugheim now this. How much visitors do they have? 2 millions?

(consider how much Merlin lost daily when Smiler was closed yet they survived)

To be fair, with this one Merlin and Alton were never going to not survive judging on the fact that they are a humongous company

RIP Temple of the Nighthawk and Hollywood tour? Anybody thinking the same?

Not at all since it's replacing Race for Atlantis and not Nighthawk/Hollywood Tour.

With this opening so soon after Taron and Riak and so close to TotNH and the fact that the ride is well past it's prime. I almost dare to put money on it that it's the next to go, almost.

I would add a few dollars to that bet.

That thing is done and dusted. A few years ago I would have said never ever ever...but nope... After they put in the launched flyer, Temple will go and sadly, Hollywood Tour as well.

But guys, it is a freaking launched flying coaster, the longest of its kind and a worlds first, it will have phenomenal theming, it will have a restaurant, probably might even have another hotel added, it's announced less than a year after the last coaster opened to the public.

Come on! What more can you do???

Just imagine what people thought of Klugheim before it was done and what they made out of that. It will be so awesome. It will be world class. It will beat Disney, it will beat Universal. I know I sound bold but I know this park, every stone in this park. I know what they can do. This will be something else. Count on my words.

Well, I think I theorized this when Klugheim was being built (or it was about energylandia), but it is simply possible that Phantasialand just puts all their extra profits into developing new stuff, instead of keeping it or dealing it around for execs. For example my home park Linnanmäki has roughly something over 1 million yearly guests (no super accurate info available) and they're able to donate over 4 million euros (roughly 4.5 million $) to charity annually, even after new improvements which means easily parks with more guests have lots of spare money (consider how much Merlin lost daily when Smiler was closed yet they survived)

This makes much sense yes. But I still wonder, because if you compare with private held parks like Europa-Park, Phantasialand still makes much bigger steps. And Europa-Park does have at least twice the visitors. Anyway, I am happy that Phantasialand is developing like that!

I would add a few dollars to that bet.

That thing is done and dusted. A few years ago I would have said never ever ever...but nope... After they put in the launched flyer, Temple will go and sadly, Hollywood Tour as well.

But guys, it is a freaking launched flying coaster, the longest of its kind and a worlds first, it will have phenomenal theming, it will have a restaurant, probably might even have another hotel added, it's announced less than a year after the last coaster opened to the public.

Come on! What more can you do???

Just imagine what people thought of Klugheim before it was done and what they made out of that. It will be so awesome. It will be world class. It will beat Disney, it will beat Universal. I know I sound bold but I know this park, every stone in this park. I know what they can do. This will be something else. Count on my words.

Not at all since it's replacing Race for Atlantis and not Nighthawk/Hollywood Tour.

With this opening so soon after Taron and Riak and so close to TotNH and the fact that the ride is well past it's prime. I almost dare to put money on it that it's the next to go, almost.

Most rumors are saying Geister Rikscha is the next to go though.

Most rumors are saying Geister Riksha is the next to go though.

There was a lot of talk about Geister going next on the forums. However it seems to have died down in favour of discussion regarding TotNH + HT's removal. Especially after the Rookburgh announcement with the line 'day + night' leading many to believe Fantissma will move into a new theatre in Rookburgh. Once it moves nothing is stopping the park from demolishing that complex or stripping it out entirely to build something new inside.

Also now with F. L. Y. people think this could Night Hawk's replacement - in the sense of an enclosed coaster.

Unfortunately it is difficult to distinguish online between credible rumours or just pure fan speculation.

But since there are a lot of rumours at the moment and a few months ago someone even started a petition to save Temple of the Night Hawk makes me think there must be some substance to it.

Also Temple and Hollywood Tour don't fit thematically into the park and area. They're old and outdated. So personally I can see Phantasialand wanting to remove them first.

But we cant know for certain yet until their is some solid evidence or we have to wait and see what attraction come January will close its doors for the last time.

Pretty much every rumor in the past decade has come true when it comes to Phantasialand, even the launch flying coaster was laughed at and it came true, I have no clue how they finance it all, none of my problem, I guess money is cheap right now and the park is credit worthy. It also helps that it is family owned.

For it's size, the park is rather incredible and so well themed, simply amazing what they did in the past decade-

Soooooo, theoretically speaking, B&M make a launched flyer. What launch do you think would be better? A conventional launch from flying position or an in line twist out of station turning riders on their backs into the launch??

Imagine a big ass half loop after the back launch straight into a pretzel.......................... Jizz tastic!

There was a concept made for Tripsdrill years ago (you can find it here, in german http://alexkorting.de/old/Portfolio/Themepark/Tripsdrill_Flyer/Tripsdrill_Flyer3.html ) basically, you start in normal position with a dark ride part, then you have an effect where something drops down onto you and your seat is tilted backwards, then you get launched out. Sounds like a good idea to me.

On German Messageboards the rumor is that there might be a dark ride part first(which makes sense as why would they dig so deep and after that there would be a vertical launch into a pretzel loop. This might be just fanboy talk, we have to wait what info the park releases over the coming months.