Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby roeterich » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:04 am

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Phantasialand, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

June 13th, 2007 - Hotel Matamba announced
August 1st, 2007 - Talocan announced

November 9th, 2008 - Jet monorail to close

February 10th, 2010 - Wuzel Earth announced
March 27th, 2010 - Lots of new attractions on the way to the Wuze area...

November 28th, 2011 - Construction going on in Phantasialand's Mexico area

June 24th, 2012 - Hotel Tartüff is open
June 27th, 2012 - Phantasialand plans to buy land for expansion
November 13th, 2012 - Water Park & Resort Hotel expansion planned

Klugheim - new "area" to be added to the park

April 23rd, 2015 - First info on Taron released. Will be the fastest multi-launch coaster in Europe
December 11th, 2015 - RAIK, announced via Facebook. A family style Vekoma Boomerang built in the new Klugheim area.

March 14th, 2016 - park confirms that Race to Atlantis (simulator) will be removed
June 28th, 2016 - Taron pre-opening report

June 20th, 2017 - World's First Launched Flying Coaster announced

So it seems as if the rumors are confirmed and the Phantasialand gets a new B&M Inverter for 2006. They already worked on the space for about three months and now there is this article that confirms the rumors. It´s only in german but it says that this is the second B&M coaster in Germany and a little bit about the history of coasters in Germany and the history of B&M.

I´m so excited of this new coaster, I never rode any B&Ms and Phantasialand are only 50 minutes from where I live.
When there are new news, I will tell you and if there are any questions, I will try to help you.

Sebastian"tomorrow first time Heide Park yeah"Rötten
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:16 am

It's just a matter of time before B&M starts getting a lot more orders in Europe. I could see Parc Asterix getting the next B&M!

Elissa "oh well, it gives us reasons to keep going back!" Alvey

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby El Quinte » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:24 am

Yeps, looks good for Phantasialand! (Now let's hope the neighbours stop complaining...).

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 am

Hey roeterich,
this are good news. I think a B&M coaster is a good expansion for the Phantasialand.
Have so much fun on your tomorrow Heide Park trip. The Heide Park is my favorite ThemePark in North-Germany.

--Soeren

German:(Sag mal Du bist doch auch auf einigen deutschen coaster-Seiten zu finden, oder? Bist Du Mitglied in einem Coaster-Club? Würde mich gerne mal einem Club anschließen. Hast Du ein paar infos?)
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:10 pm

Another reason for me to go to Germany in 2006 :wink:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby harsaphes » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:04 am

Since Phantasialand can not build very high rides without having issues with the neighbourhood, the new coaster will be a la Nemesis, with lot of terrain, trenches and tunnels.

Since my favorite Looping coasters in Europe are Katun in Mirabilandia (which belongs to the same family than Phantasialand) and Nemesis, I'm looking forward to this coaster quite a lot !!!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:41 pm

harsaphes wrote:Since Phantasialand can not build very high rides without having issues with the neighbourhood, the new coaster will be a la Nemesis, with lot of terrain, trenches and tunnels.

Since my favorite Looping coasters in Europe are Katun in Mirabilandia (which belongs to the same family than Phantasialand) and Nemesis, I'm looking forward to this coaster quite a lot !!!

Mirabilandia & Phantasialand owned by the same group - Well I never knew that :o
Both parks are well looked after & well run, so I guess the clues were there.
Phantasialand does need a big coaster like a B&M Inverted to make the park almost complete. I think I'm right in saying it will be the first B&M inverted & only the second B&M in Germany :!:
It will sure beat the SLC's in Germany :)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby harsaphes » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:47 pm

I hope it will be the first B&M without trim brakes in Germany too :lol:

Did my donkey title just change???

Black Mamba announcement

Postby Thuur » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:21 am

On the Dutch en German boards we were discussing it for over half a year, but it's official now. Today, Phantasialand announced there 5-loop inverted B&M for the 2006 season! 8)

The ride will feature a restaurant fly-trough, looping, interlocking corkscrew and two toher inversions (Rumoured to be a zero G roll and immelmanthingy). It is also rumoured that the ride will have a spectacular ending, a 5G helix!

Click here for some artwork

Thuur - Yeah, only 45 minutes to an African themed B&M 8) - Crompvoets

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:27 am

Sounds like fun! I've never heard of an inverted coaster having a fly through.
Brent "too bad it's in Europe" Shenton 8)
Disobey

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!