Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Tigris has to be the best looking Skyrocket II. Love the colors of the track and train.

I have never been to BGT and after this announcement they clearly have the better lineup than its sister in Virginia even though I absolutely love BGW (and their lineup isn't too shabby either). As for RMC Gwazi I hope they keep it a racing/dueling coaster instead of combining both tracks or making it like Twisted Colossus.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jelenp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:01 pm

The RMC teasing is awesome but thinking that maybe this might mean RMC's at the rest of the seaworld parks really excites.
Top 5: 1. Storm Chaser 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. Lightning Run
Coaster Count: 112
I <3 Dollywood

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Toaster Bot » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 pm

I wonder how much of the original structure of Gwazi is going to be used for the RMC. I'm guessing that gwazi is in pretty bad shape after just sitting there a few years and going through a hurricane.
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Toaster Bot wrote:I wonder how much of the original structure of Gwazi is going to be used for the RMC. I'm guessing that gwazi is in pretty bad shape after just sitting there a few years and going through a hurricane.

They have actually been taking care of it. It's not like it has been sitting there rotting away and falling apart. If I had to guess, I'll bet they've known exactly what they were going to do with this ride for a while now, but they've just had to "wait in line" for RMC to become available.

Trust me, that structure is fine.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Stephen G » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Modern Treated Coaster wood doesn't rot nor does anything eat it, My local miniature railroad club has been making railroad ties out of Texas cyclone and Magic mountains Psyclone for years now slowly whittling down the piles. Contains All sorts of nasty poisons and preservatives.
"Yep"

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 am

Just imagining the outward bank into an inversion on the first drop as both tracks dive towards each other. :b

Gwazi even at its worst was such a wild ride! I can't wait to see what they do with all that space and structure!
Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Visionist » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:25 am

Florida is looking pretty lit for 2020! I presume Star Wars Land will be essentially open by then too...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:08 am

This is absolutely amazing, Tigris looks phenomenal and an RMC Gwazi will be fantastic. I was keeping our Busch Gardens platinum passes anyway but this makes me even more happy about that decision. Just need to plan a trip down there now after Tigris opens.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby lord denning » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:18 am

There park map is brutal - Robb - you went to the site for Tigris is it where Jungla used to be near the Tiger exhibit or closer to Shiekra.

Has Jungala been demolished or is it SBNO? Seems like a second life might be possible with increased Tigris food traffic.

Kinda sad i missed Jungla last there I was there - too busy rushing on coasters - looked really fun.
Using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 am

lord denning wrote:There park map is brutal - Robb - you went to the site for Tigris is it where Jungla used to be near the Tiger exhibit or closer to Shiekra.

Has Jungala been demolished or is it SBNO? Seems like a second life might be possible with increased Tigris food traffic.

Kinda sad i missed Jungla last there I was there - too busy rushing on coasters - looked really fun.

It's being built on the old Tanganyika Tidal Wave spot. Adjacent to Jungala. It's a nice location because then the Tiger exhibit will fit right in with the ride.
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!