Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby MiABeta » Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 am

bert425 wrote:it's trending on FB now, and I'm seeing news reports of "chaos" inside the park, with "bathrooms locked, and no vendors selling food or water".. .which doesn't square with what MiABeta posted. . . love the "news channels". . oy.

I can say that bathrooms are open, a few if not most of the food/drink stands are open, and staff even brought out Jenga and Corn Hole for people. I do believe that it might be pretty bad to leave the parking lot though, besides that there goes the news twisting everything.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Sat May 12, 2018 10:30 am

^Sorry to hear this. What amazes me is how guests can still be a$$holes to the employees and management when these types of situations are out of the park's control. SMH
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm

You guys are all missing the best part about this unfortunate event: www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/power-outage-delays-busch-gardens-opening-saturday/1175127366.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:24 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:You guys are all missing the best part about this unfortunate event: www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/power-outage-delays-busch-gardens-opening-saturday/1175127366.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 pm

^^ Gosh, I hope the little guy is OK ? :( On the bright side, another local story reports that the park did good for anyone with tickets for today, refunds and/or use of the ticket for any time up to a year. http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2018/05/12/half-of-busch-gardens-without-power--officials-reporting

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MiABeta » Sat May 12, 2018 7:21 pm

djcoastermark wrote:^^ Gosh, I hope the little guy is OK ? :( On the bright side, another local story reports that the park did good for anyone with tickets for today, refunds and/or use of the ticket for any time up to a year. http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2018/05/12/half-of-busch-gardens-without-power--officials-reporting

The day ended up being pretty great, we didn’t quite get to see all the animal stuff, but regardless we got rides on everything. They also extended the hours to 10 so we got a lot of night rides which honestly made it kinda worth it.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby thisdougsforu » Sun May 20, 2018 5:18 am

I fly in to Tampa tomorrow for a week in Clearwater and my family has our two park passes for a day at BGT and Seaworld Orlando. Since tomorrow is a travel day for us, we have Tuesday - Friday to pick two days to do one park each. Given that the weather forecast in Florida right now potentially calls for storms each day, I have a couple questions.

How does the park treat rain i.e. do most rides open up fairly quickly after it clears out or are there certain attractions that sort of get put down for the count for awhile? Also, would anyone happy to know if Kumba's scheduled downtime was completed? I know it's been really rainy down there and was curious.

Thanks! Can't wait to visit. Looking forward to doing trip reports on both parks.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Lintemuthstudios » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:42 pm

https://parkrumors.com/bgt-project-teel-2019-coaster/

Busch Gardens has submitted their plans for the Tidal Wave plot, looks to be a Premier Rides Skyrocket II.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:30 pm

A Sky Rocket II is a good addition to just about any park. Personally, I'm hoping they go with the name Uproar. It feels the most fitting for a vertically-oriented coaster like a SRII.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 pm

I can't say I'm not excited about this as these things are completely awesome and will only make an amazing lineup that much better but I just wish it wasn't going to have those stupid comfort collars but we all know it will. :/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!