Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm

^ You should be golden if you wanted to marathon Kumba at the end of the night because it's at the very rear of the park and most people will be headed for the front exit near closing time.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I'm hoping lines will be short enough near closing on a Sunday night that I can try the front and back on those 3 coasters, but if not I have most of Monday.

Just a heads up about that Sunday Night. I'm assuming it's Nov 19th. That is the opening night of Christmas Town. It's also the beginning of fall break for many of the FL schools (most are out all that week so Monday may be busier than usual as well). The only coaster you'll likely have an extended wait for is Cheetah Hunt day, night and closing. I would get that one just after it gets dark just because of that and not wait to be the closer. Plus it tends to be a bit temperamental at times with technical difficulties. Kumba & Montu's lines won't be bad at all and are the most reliable. I'd pick Montu as my closer simply because it's my favorite there. Plus it's closer to the park exit (well closer than Kumba). Also, don't forget about Cobra's Curse. Sure it's a Mack family spinner, but it's pretty great. I hadn't ridden it at night, but I can see it being even more fun in the "dark". It also gets a decent size line just because of it's capacity and the "newness factor", but moves fairly quick.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 am

bgtlover wrote:
DJeXeL wrote:I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however. Montu is just nuts - I probably rode 10 times when I visited.

When did you ride it (Kumba)? I know it was a bit rough in July before they did a refurb in August.

December ‘15
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:20 am

Kumba? Rough?

:lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 am

Thanks for the help everyone! Looks like I have a plan of attack for my night rides. Cheetah Hunt (front), Montu (back), Kumba (back) and rerides if time allows, which it sounds like it should.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Dombot » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 am

DJeXeL wrote:I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however.

HOW.

Everytime I hear someone say this, I get so confused. A majority of the people I know say that they prefer SheiKra to both Kumba and Montu, and either they can't handle positive g's or they're just plain delusional. The ride is glass-smooth from start to finish in every seat.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 am

I have no idea but my ride in the front was rough. Smooth as glass in the back.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Legocraft » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I’m going to BGT tomorrow, what should I hit first and what gets the largest line?
Is that a banshee screaming? Oh wait that's me...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Dombot » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Legocraft wrote:I’m going to BGT tomorrow, what should I hit first and what gets the largest line?

If you're going in the morning/early afternoon, lines'll be nonexistent due to school still being in session. Cheetah Hunt usually has the longest wait in the park, but on a weekday the longest I've seen it is around half an hour. The three B&Ms are walk-ons like 75% of the time, so you should be good to go if you want to marathon. Have fun! =)
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Legocraft wrote:I’m going to BGT tomorrow, what should I hit first and what gets the largest line?

Yeah, lines are rarely an issue but if I had to come up with the best strategy I guess I'd probably hit Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, Montu (only because it's there, not because it ever has a line), Scorpion and then Sand Serpant in that order. Kumba and Sheikra will never develop lines. Neither will Montu, but like I said, it's worth riding early since you're already in the area.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!