Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby average.coaster.fan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:37 pm

SingleRiderCam wrote:Just saw this image on the r/rollercoasters page of Reddit, and apparently, the RMC Gwazi rumors are officially dead. Now here comes Aquatrax Gwazi.

Gwazi-aquatrax-1.jpg

:nina:
Steel: 102 Wood: 19 Overall: 121
Top 5 Steel: Skyrush, Kumba, i305, Fury 325, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Thunderhead, White Lightning, Grizzly (KD), Thunder Road, Comet

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:24 am

Just planned a cruise out of Tampa for May 2018! I'll be there an extra day so I'm heading to the park on a Monday (might not get there to noon-ish depending on getting offf the ship), is one day enough to explore the park plus ride all the coasters? I have never been to the park so I'm hoping I can take my time and enjoy it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 am

It's not ideal, but you can easily get on the coasters plus Falcon's Fury and check out a few animal exhibits in that time without Quick queue.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 am

I'll be at the park next month late on Sunday (when they're open until 10) and then I have until about 5 pm the next day until I have to leave for my flight.

I think I'll have about 2 hours in the park on Sunday. Which rides in particular are better at night? The one I've heard a few times is Cheetah Hunt so that's the top one on my list so far.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am

I don't know of any coasters at Busch Gardens that are significantly better at night. They're all amazing all the time. I guess Cheetah Hunt is the best one I could think of, but Montu gives absurdly forceful rides when it's been running all day, as does Kumba.

Remember:

Montu: Back row, right side (closest to the platform)
Kumba: Back row, right side also (but here that's the seat furthest from the platform)

There will be a quiz later. You're welcome in advance. I rarely have a strong preference between the left and right side of the train, but on these two you should probably take notes. :lol:

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 am

I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however. Montu is just nuts - I probably rode 10 times when I visited.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:04 am

coasterbill wrote:I don't know of any coasters at Busch Gardens that are significantly better at night. They're all amazing all the time. I guess Cheetah Hunt is the best one I could think of, but Montu gives absurdly forceful rides when it's been running all day, as does Kumba.

Remember:

Montu: Back row, right side (closest to the platform)
Kumba: Back row, right side also (but here that's the seat furthest from the platform)

There will be a quiz later. You're welcome in advance. I rarely have a strong preference between the left and right side of the train, but on these two you should probably take notes. :lol:

Thanks! The only time I've noticed a noticeable difference between the left and right side of the train (outside of wing coasters, but those are different animals) has been on Apollo's Chariot for that sweeping drop into the helix.

So it sounds like I'll hit Cheetah Hunt, Montu, and Kumba on the first night. I'm assuming front row is the best for Cheetah Hunt if I only have time for one ride at night?
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am

Yeah probably but I don't really have a strong preference there. It's great in every seat.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 am

DJeXeL wrote:I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however. Montu is just nuts - I probably rode 10 times when I visited.

When did you ride it (Kumba)? I know it was a bit rough in July before they did a refurb in August.

Canobie Coaster wrote:So it sounds like I'll hit Cheetah Hunt, Montu, and Kumba on the first night. I'm assuming front row is the best for Cheetah Hunt if I only have time for one ride at night?

The back row is best IMO day or night; esp when it launches up into the "Windcatcher Tower".
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am

^ I'm hoping lines will be short enough near closing on a Sunday night that I can try the front and back on those 3 coasters, but if not I have most of Monday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!