Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Cavs Fan » Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 am

I never understood how people could decide what is good and bad for the animals on an ethical level. How do people know what the snakes like and don't like? Conditions don't even correlate with happiness all of the time, even for humans, the most advanced species of animals that we can understand the most about. Look at Kanye West. Dude has everything and is still mad all of the time. I know kids who grew up with nothing and are way happier. Maybe the little snake is grateful that he/she doesn't have to search for food all of the time now. Maybe he/she is grateful that the world isn't such a big place anymore. How people could understand what is good and bad for the animals is beyond me.
@weshappy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun May 22, 2016 9:07 am

14kvrd.jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 am

coasterbill wrote:How about we put the activists in with the pythons and vipers to keep them company? That way they won't be so traumatized. It's a win-win for all.

:nina: :nina: :devil:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:18 pm

djcoastermark wrote:Oh Boy, here we go again. Sea World had "blackfish" and now some people are attacking BGT as the possible new "Blacksnake" ? A front page article in the Tampa Bay Times has Herpatologists /activists / animal rights groups ,claiming that " putting vipers and pythons in front of thousands of tourists next to a rumbling roller coaster could be torture for these animals"
A rather lengthy read. Here's the link,
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/travel/florida/snakes-sensitive-to-vibrations-to-be-housed-at-busch-gardens-cobras-curse/2278244

The rumblings of the Beast at Kings island doesn't bother the wild deer that feed in the middle of the helix often. I can't imagine the snakes will be bothered by a steel coaster.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Busch Gardens just tweeted that the Passholder early entry weekend have been pushed back until July.
image.jpeg

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Themonerd » Thu May 26, 2016 5:58 pm

^^
Darth_vader_no.gif
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri May 27, 2016 8:04 am

coasterbill wrote:How about we put the activists in with the pythons and vipers to keep them company? That way they won't be so traumatized. It's a win-win for all.

:nina:

People take offense to everything these days. As if they know what the snakes are thinking, human arrogance at its finest.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Cyrbuzz » Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am

Not human arrogance but human stupidity! Yet I bet these nutjobs never lifted so much as a pinky to really physically help the animals they claim to care about.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:00 am

Cavs Fan wrote: Look at Kanye West. Dude has everything and is still mad all of the time.

You leave Kanye out of this......

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Cavs Fan » Fri May 27, 2016 12:47 pm

^Kanye is the GOAT and should always be brought up in discussion if the opportunity presents itself.

Speaking of GOATs, I had a recent discussion with some of the goats taking residence next to MF at CP, they said they love the hospitality.
@weshappy

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!