Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 516: Falcon's Fury Grand Opening delayed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Maximo37 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 pm

When I was at the park last Wednesday (1/5), we were on Cheetah Chase in the early afternoon. We caught a glimpse of two trucks driving on the park access road (parallel the lift hill of Chase) each with one car of Gwazi Tiger in tow... which made me wonder slightly if this was a removal or just a rehab of the trains...

Then with the recent teaser sign that Gwazi is about to introduce a "NEW breed of speed of their own", along with the picture of what appears to be a MF train on the track, my head almost exploded...

...I also was on GCI's website... and under the "Great Projects" tab lists all the coaster which the company has built... I've been on that website many times... and only tonight noticed that both Gwazi and ROAR ("East" at SF America) don't have any trains listed... while ALL the other coasters have their Millenium Flyer (along with the train count for the individual coaster) listed... the last time I visited the website a few months ago, Gwazi and ROAR "East" were then listed having the PTC trains... which also makes me wonder if ROAR is getting a 2011 MF present as well...

I'm all too excited... it's ALMOST as if BGT is going to launch "THREE" new coasters in 2011... (Gwazi will be new again in my eyes, if this trick works... I loved the coaster before, but GOOD GOD did it need some love...)

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

YAY! Millenium Flyers! I can't wait!

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Finally!

I remember talking to the GCI team on the '07 Midwest Trip during ERT on Kentucky Rumbler. I asked if Gwazi was going to get Millennium Flyers. They said they were talking to the park about options to update the ride, including adding MF trains.

After four years of waiting... it's finally happening!
Game Info: Wii - 2307 3776 7719 1933 | PS3 - KrakenKing
TPR Trips: '07 Midwest Trip, '10 West Coast Bash

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release announcing the debut of new Millenium Flyer trains on Gwazi.

In 1999, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay unleashed Gwazi, the Southeast’s largest and fastest double wooden roller coaster featuring 1.25 million feet of twisting lumber. On Saturday, Jan. 22, Gwazi will reopen to fans outfitted with new Millennium Flyer trains designed by Great Coasters International, Inc., the coaster’s original manufacturer.

The new trains provide the smoothest way to ride a wooden coaster and are highly regarded for their spacious, cushioned seats and individual row design that resembles wooden roller coasters trains from the early 1900s. The open sides of the new cars will provide unobstructed views of the 7,000-plus combined feet of Gwazi’s two twisted tracks.

SPECIAL OFFERS FOR THRILL SEEKERS:

•To celebrate Gwazi’s reopening, any guest who rides Gwazi on Saturday, Jan. 22 will receive a coupon valid for a 30 percent food and beverage discount at any culinary location, including all restaurants and snack carts

And this is just the beginning, as Busch Gardens is keeping the fast-paced thrills coming all year long. Experience a new breed of speed with Cheetah Hunt, a one-of-a-kind multiple launch coaster opening spring 2011.

With a 2011 Fun Card, you can pay for a day and come back all year to challenge all of the world-class coasters at Busch Gardens. It’s the best value for again-and-again access to all of the amazing animal encounters, world-class thrill rides, exciting big-name entertainment and family adventure Busch Gardens has to offer.

Photos courtesy of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
Untitled1.jpg
Viewed 4725 times
Gwazi1.jpg
Viewed 4725 times
Gwazi2.jpg
Viewed 4725 times
Gwazi4.jpg
Viewed 4725 times
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 pm

The coaster deserves those trains, especially for how the ride banks. It didn't seem uncomfortably rough, but it did make me laugh hard on the brakes! I know that these new trains will make the coaster much better and now I really can't wait to get back to Tampa.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Great news! I rode (one side) Gwazi in 2006, it wasn't horribly rough but it was by far the most rough GCI. The ride has a good layout, hopefully the Millennium Flyers can bring the ride up in terms of where it stands in rankings. I really hope I go to BGA this year, defiantly a huge year for the park!
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Intimidator|Patriot|Millennium Force|Goliath|Volcano|Mystery Mine|Raging Bull|Mamba

Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Cornball Express|Raven|American Thunder|Georgia Cylone|Prowler|Boardwalk Bullet|Thunderhead|Legend

Coasters ridden: 134

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio. Wishing I was in Brisbane, Australia.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Wow, if these trains make this ride GCI, GCI smooth...BGA will have the best looking coaster line-ups in the USA, in my opinion.

Title

Postby 4rturo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 pm

That wood looks soooooo good on those trains, gives them an old-classic look. Good to see BGT improving a good classic.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:15 pm

This is great news! I know my body will thank me next time I ride Gwazi.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I look forward to trying them out! Definitely should make a great improvement to the ride, as I liked the layout when I rode last year. Only a week or so to wait! =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!