TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^Cedar Point would often do that with Disaster Transport. I asked about that once, and was told that there were holes in the roof, and water getting into the troughs (it was a Bobsled coaster, in case anybody is not aware) could disrupt proper ride function. Still, it was really annoying to not be able to ride an indoor coaster when the rain blew in and closed everything else at CP!

Will hopefully make what's otherwise an uninteresting typical wild mouse a bit more interesting, and give something to do when there's rain.

(Although I probably would have rather they enclosed Scorpion, because I like it better and would prefer to ride it over Sand Serpent when there's bad weather, but Scorpion is definitely more aesthetically pleasing than Sand Serpent).

I'm generally not a fan of Wild Mouse coasters, but indoor, themed Wild Mouse coasters are generally pretty fun I've found. So yeah, I'm all for this, assuming it's true, and definitely think it addresses a need for the park!

I'm not a fan of enclosing Sand Serpent coaster. I like the visuals of the hairpin turns. I do like the idea of a new, indoor ride. We are still waiting to hear what will become of the areas of Gwazi and Tanganyika Tidal Wave, and when they will start on that. It's a common flat ride, but a swing ride would be a good family ride because it's so hot the breeze of riding it would be enjoyable. The swinging vines was one of their earliest rides and I remember enjoying the breeze back then riding it. Florida is hot! A simple, yet welcome ride for hot climate locations. Plus family friendly which BGT could use since the Sand Storm was relocated to another park to make room for Falcon's Fury.

Ugh, Sand Serpent, the most boring Mouse Coaster I have ever been on. Even my parents whom are in there 80's thought it was boring. Covering it will not make it any more exciting. ( hey, they took it out of BGWilliamsburg just to fill an empty spot.) Please put that thing to rest and at least put a spinning mouse or something in it's place. I mean really, an 80 year old couple found it boring? That tells you something.

Someone who has been to the park recently told me they have already started construction of walls around Sand Serpent. Any confirmation or pictures?

They had it under maintenance recently and was closed for about 5 months. It has been open however since. Unless the construction started again in the last few days then I'm not aware of anything going on yet.

Ugh, Sand Serpent, the most boring Mouse Coaster I have ever been on. Even my parents whom are in there 80's thought it was boring. Covering it will not make it any more exciting. ( hey, they took it out of BGWilliamsburg just to fill an empty spot.) Please put that thing to rest and at least put a spinning mouse or something in it's place. I mean really, an 80 year old couple found it boring? That tells you something.

I happen to love Sand Serpent. It was my very first wild mouse coaster while it was still at BGW. I was happy it found a home BGT. It ALWAYS has a line when I'm at the park (mind you yes, it is low capacity, but a line none the less). Enclosing it will do wonders for the ride. Of course I would prefer the rumored hyper, giga or wing coaster that has been going around for years, but I'll live with it I guess.

They're not going to remove it. If they were they would have done it at the beginning of this year when it was closed for months with a (likely) mechanical issue.

I don't understand this mentality at all. The ride isn't taking up any valuable real estate, there's not much room for anything better in it's place and if the park wanted to add another coaster they wouldn't need to remove anything to do it. They have a massive amount of space, not to mention a wood coaster that's rotting away in a field where they can put a new coaster if they want one.

Gwazi has just been sitting there for a few years now, I just don't understand why they don't remove it if they aren't going to RMC it. Seems kind of stupid to have a massive wooden structure falling apart in the back of the park. Unless of course thats the look theyre going for.

I just don't understand why they don't remove it if they aren't going to RMC it. Seems kind of stupid to have a massive wooden structure falling apart in the back of the park. Unless of course thats the look theyre going for.

I'm sure it all comes down to money. It's cheaper to leave it there than it is to demolish it and this park has been making a lot of budget cuts lately and leaving things sitting abandoned (Rhino Rally, Tidal Wave, Gwazi, Jambo Junction (though that's thankfully reopened). I get why they're doing it, but it's a shame.

If they enclosed the Wild Mouse and added some special effects themed to ancient Egypt it would be a huge winner.

But . . . its kinda a ways from the Egypt section. With the whole "Pantopia" section with its magical allure, I think they cam come up with a good story line.

Gwazi has just been sitting there for a few years now, I just don't understand why they don't remove it if they aren't going to RMC it. Seems kind of stupid to have a massive wooden structure falling apart in the back of the park. Unless of course thats the look theyre going for.

Is it really falling apart?

If they enclosed the Wild Mouse and added some special effects themed to ancient Egypt it would be a huge winner.

But . . . its kinda a ways from the Egypt section. With the whole "Pantopia" section with its magical allure, I think they cam come up with a good story line.

Is it really falling apart?

I wouldn't say falling apart, but the ride has damn better days. Just from looking at it you can see track decaying (sorry for no photos for evidence).

Seems kind of stupid to have a massive wooden structure falling apart in the back of the park. Unless of course thats the look theyre going for.

I hear it's all the rage these days.

Honestly, it's been long enough of Gwazi sitting there and them cannibalizing who knows how much of its wood, does an RMC conversion even make sense anymore? I have faith in RMC if they were contracted that they would get it up to par and make an awesome conversion, but the structure certainly must not be as sound as it used to. Seems like too much work and money to get it fixed up. I'm not holding onto Gwazi ever seeing riders again.

In un/related WTF park news:

http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/busch-gardens-workers-child-was-fathered-by-11-year-old-boy-cops/

A Florida theme park worker accused of having sex with an 11-year-old has been nabbed – nearly three years after giving birth to the boy’s child.

Marissa Ashley Mowry, 25, was arrested Tuesday for sleeping with the kid in January 2014, when she was 22 years old, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The Port Richey resident gave birth in October 2014 – and continued to have sex with him until he was 14 years old, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

Mowry was arrested outside Busch Gardens theme park, where she works as a food attendant and charged with sexual battery.

Her child, who is almost 3 years old, was placed in the care of a responsible adult, officials said.

Yikes!