Cedar Fair Development Discussion Thread

P. 102: CF releases Annual Report - Enthusiasts overanalyze
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Fair Development Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 am

WOFanatic wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

I feel it's too much capital for those 3 parks.

Well then you're going to be very surprised once 2019 rolls around

Would love to eat my words but I don't see it. CGAm got it cause that's the next Carowind's (Park they want to take from middle to upper) and they've said nothing about those 3. Also I doubt Cedar Fair will add anything major to Michigan's Adventures in the near future.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Rougarou » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm

^ Stranger things have happened. 2019 May be their year. Think about it
No new coaster in 19 for:
Knotts
Great America
Cedar Point
King's dominion
King's Island possible not likely
Carowinds (maybe RMC conversion or vortex conversion)

What's left?
Valley Fair
Dorney
Worlds of Fun
Michigan's Adventure
Canada's wonderland (they will probably get something)

If CW doesn't receive a B&M then maybe yeah MA could in theory could get something!

Who knows?

What's more likely MA getting a new coaster or Rachel Madow coming out as a Republican? :airtime:

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby MiABeta » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:38 pm

As I've talked about on the MiA thread a man can dream.
Top 5 Steel: Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Valravn, Behemoth
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Platinum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 pm

I will never understand enthusiasts mindset of a park "has" to get a coaster because its been "x" amount of years.
Parks invest into whatever demographic is the most financially viable & beneficial. Valleyfair continues to add family attractions because that's their market, families. If large scale thrill machines brings in the money, then that's what they'd invest into. But its not, and such is the case at a lot of parks. Michigan's adventure has seen a lot of expansion over the years, and the park never really took off. So it's very understandable as to why the park isn't heavily invested into. These are just a few examples.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Rougarou » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:48 pm

^^LOL Keep dreaming!
Maybe your Magical thinking will become reality!
Fingers crossed

^ I't's just a process of elimination based on the fact that parks rarely add coasters back to back seasons
Last edited by Rougarou on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 pm.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Rougarou wrote:^ Stranger things have happened. 2019 May be their year. Think about it
No new coaster in 19 for:
Knotts
Great America
Cedar Point
King's dominion
King's Island possible not likely
Carowinds (maybe RMC conversion or vortex conversion)

What's left?
Valley Fair
Dorney
Worlds of Fun
Michigan's Adventure
Canada's wonderland (they will probably get something)

If CW doesn't receive a B&M then maybe yeah MA could in theory could get something!

Who knows?

What's more likely MA getting a new coaster or Rachel Madow coming out as a Republican? :airtime:

I do think we’ll see at least one of those parks go big very soon.
Last edited by WOFanatic on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:26 am.
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:18 am

Believe me... At least here in the Lansing area, the "GP", aren't that interested in MiA, BECAUSE they never add anything new of note. We're not talking enthusiasts like me and everybody here. We're talking virtually everybody I know in the area here. People would rather drive the extra hour to CP than go to MiA, where there's nothing much good there (except the water park - ST doesn't shiver the GP's timbers like it does ours). Until MiA actually starts making regular capital investments (which I don't see happening), regular people from this part of Michigan at least, and I dare say farther East as well, won't really care, or come, not when they have CP so close. And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there... I've come to accept that the park is what it is now. And that's not a bad thing. CP isn't that far, and that's really my "home park" anyway, and always has been, so it's all good...
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:50 am

DILinator wrote:Believe me... At least here in the Lansing area, the "GP", aren't that interested in MiA, BECAUSE they never add anything new of note. We're not talking enthusiasts like me and everybody here. We're talking virtually everybody I know in the area here. People would rather drive the extra hour to CP than go to MiA, where there's nothing much good there (except the water park - ST doesn't shiver the GP's timbers like it does ours). Until MiA actually starts making regular capital investments (which I don't see happening), regular people from this part of Michigan at least, and I dare say farther East as well, won't really care, or come, not when they have CP so close. And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there... I've come to accept that the park is what it is now. And that's not a bad thing. CP isn't that far, and that's really my "home park" anyway, and always has been, so it's all good...

We hit Michigan's adventure a few weeks back, and the ride side was PACKED! This was the first time I have seen this in a while. The lines for all the major coasters were full. We got to talking to some people at the park, and the consensus is that they need more dry rides. One of the couple's we were talking to lived 20 miles from the park, and only went once a year because of the lack of attractions. They go to six flags in Chicago instead when they want a coaster fix. Even though it's 2 hours from them.
20170819_132418.jpg
Look at the crowds
20170819_133623.jpg
20170819_135920.jpg
Even the lines were full. And this was at around 2pm.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:44 am

I drive by the park around once a week and it has been busier this year then I have ever seen.
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jonskinny12 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:01 am

DILinator wrote:And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there...

I don't buy this argument when Kings Island is closer to Cedar Point than Michigan's Adventure is and they regularly invest in that park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!