Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

P. 143: CF releases 2018 mid-year figures
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Sounds like a headache!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up calling them on Brit's pass. :lol:

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 am

Cedar Fair flash sale on passes Aug 16 thru 19th. Renewals just $1 more than 2018 for Platinum. All Cedar Fair park dining just $3 more.

CF as mentioned on their conf call are testing different payment plans. The payment plans options differ by park. Quick scan of some parks shows Cedar Point is 8 payments, Carowinds, KI, KD, KB, CA offer 11 and Wonderland 12 payment plan

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Stealth1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:52 am

I am glad they are moving to a 12 month payment plan. Easier for me to afford $15 a month versus $30 a month.

As far as attendance being down, they do a bad job of advertising the Platinum pass and they other parks it includes. With Six Flags you know what other parks they own. My home park of Wonderland only advertises the regular season pass. I think if more people knew about the Platinum pass and the other parks in the chain more people would buy it.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:59 am

You cant expect Cedar Fair to ignore 5 of its smaller parks year after year and expect attendance to not fall. Six Flags parks all get new attractions every year and they are up. Generally if you build it they will come.
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 am

oh good lord...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wsixflags » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:11 am

grsupercity wrote:You cant expect Cedar Fair to ignore 5 of its smaller parks year after year and expect attendance to not fall. Six Flags parks all get new attractions every year and they are up. Generally if you build it they will come.

it's true

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 am

grsupercity wrote:You cant expect Cedar Fair to ignore 5 of its smaller parks year after year and expect attendance to not fall. Six Flags parks all get new attractions every year and they are up. Generally if you build it they will come.

SF is not up, either 2017 or 2018 on a comp same park basis as a whole. But, the details are lost on people.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Stealth1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:44 am

While true it doesn't explain lower attendance at Cedar Point. They just added one of the best coasters in the world and it didn't draw people like expected.

I still they are missing out on not telling people about the Platinum pass and their other parks. Most people know about the Six Flags gold pass but not many know about Cedar Fairs Platinum pass.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:00 pm

I don't have the energy this, but a few quick things.

- As Sven20 said, nobody knows what the numbers mean for Six Flags. It's been about a year since they had a quarter that you could reasonably compare to a previous year. Q4 will always be up because they seem to add a winter event to a new park every year so they have way more operating dates year over year. Q1 was up because Magic Mountain added tons of operating dates compared to last year. Q2 was up because for the last 2 weeks of Q2 they had 5 more parks which ends up giving them about 70 more operating dates. Q3, Q4, Q1 next year and Q2 next year will be up no matter what because they'll have these parks driving pass sales and giving them additional operating dates when compared to the previous year. Q4 will also have new operating dates from Frontier City (through December), Darien Lake (in October) and Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Great America. ...tl;dr: No sh*t Six Flags is up. :lol:

- Enthusiasts love to pretend that **insert thing they don't like about a park / chain here** explains everything bad that happens to them because they want it to be true. That said, nothing has changed in that regard for about a decade. It's totally nonsensical to attribute this sudden drop to something that's remained constant for years.

- Indications are that the biggest drops seem to be at Cedar Point and Kings Island, two parks that have built huge, awesome coasters in the last 2 years. There goes your " if you build it they will come" argument. Cedar Point built the ride that people have been clamoring for for years and they certainly did not come. Kings Dominion built their most amazing thrill ride in a decade and they weren't mentioned as a big success story with that either (though we don't know the numbers park by park so we're just going by what we could discern from the conference call).
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:12 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!