TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

http://www.bnn.ca/canada-s-wonderland-poised-for-something-interesting-amid-hints-of-new-hotel-1.804930#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=aTTGd3M

Two video's both of Matt Ouimet both talking about Canada's Wonderlands and outlook of the company moving forward,

Canada’s Wonderland could be in for its biggest upgrade since Cedar Fair purchased Canada’s largest amusement park from CBS Corp back in 2006 – including a potential expansion that would turn Wonderland into a full-out resort with a hotel on its park grounds.

“Canada’s Wonderland is going to get something interesting coming up,” Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet told BNN in an exclusive interview Thursday. “Toronto is one of our most important markets.”

Cedar Fair has recently started getting into the hotel business, building five hotels on some of its 11 resorts, and Canada’s Wonderland is likely to be home to the next one.

“Management expects to announce details on branded flagged hotel properties in Toronto and Charlotte by year-end 2017,” wrote Tim Conder, an analyst at Wells Fargo, in a note to clients after a recent trip to Canada’s Wonderland.

“We have identified Canada's Wonderland as a desirable location where we are considering expanding our resort accommodations,” a Cedar Fair spokesperson told BNN via email. “However, no announcements have been made at this time.”

While Canada’s Wonderland lists itself as a 379-acre park, 79 acres remain undeveloped.

“We take things out when we put things in,” said Ouimet. “We do think resorts help make [amusement parks] more of a full-day experience.”

http://www.bnn.ca/canada-s-wonderland-poised-for-something-interesting-amid-hints-of-new-hotel-1.804930#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=aTTGd3M

Two video's both of Matt Ouimet both talking about Canada's Wonderlands and outlook of the company moving forward,

Canada’s Wonderland could be in for its biggest upgrade since Cedar Fair purchased Canada’s largest amusement park from CBS Corp back in 2006 – including a potential expansion that would turn Wonderland into a full-out resort with a hotel on its park grounds.

“Canada’s Wonderland is going to get something interesting coming up,” Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet ...

“We take things out when we put things in,” said Ouimet. “We do think resorts help make [amusement parks] more of a full-day experience.”

I really hope this means within the next few years Time Warp and the Vekoma SLC are removed for a B&M Invert or Wing.

“Canada’s Wonderland is going to get something interesting coming up,” Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet ...

I really hope this means within the next few years Time Warp and the Vekoma SLC are removed for a B&M Invert or Wing.

With the other going where Skyrider was called Ziz.

After riding those two this summer, I couldn't agree more. A B&M Invert would be a massive improvement over those rides.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/when-intamin-visits

Could this blog entry about Intamin and Cedar Fair recently celebrating their shared history at Cedar Point be a sign that Intamin is indeed the "renewed relationship" company we're looking at? Thoughts?

I don't think so . . .

A few weeks ago, our GM Jason tweeted a cryptic photo - and I know many of you tried to figure out what was going on.

Are we getting a new ride? Are we planning for the future? Did Jason just want a nice lunch at Bay Harbor??

Well, the answer is, none of those.

They were basically there dropping off a book.

Traditional log flume or bust.

Puhleeeease? Not sure if a log flume is on the board or where it is on the hierarchy of future plans, but I hope it's in the works. A log flume can have a pretty versatile layout, so there should be plenty of opportunities to put it in.

I've been thinking about the name "The Edge" the past couple days. What are the odds it could be for a new-generation Tilt coaster (Gravity Max)? G-Max may be pretty much a one-trick pony, but it's a hell of a trick. And it's the kind of trick that could make a bad name like "The Edge" work.

Looks like Cedar Fair didn't have the strongest of questers, earnings wise. Revenues seem to remain strong. According to the call they don't seem to be concerned, although shareholders didn't seem to agree. It seems the overall outlook is not too bad, and I'd imagine some announcements here in the next couple weeks won't hurt the situation.

Cedar Fair misses by $0.52, misses on revs

4:04 AM ET 8/2/17 | Briefing.com

Reports Q2 (Jun) earnings of $0.55 per share, $0.52 worse than the Capital IQ Consensus of $1.07; revenues rose 1.2% year/year to $392.8 mln vs the $405.78 mln Capital IQ Consensus.Attendance for the month of July was up 2%, or 106,000 visits.

The Company declared a quarterly cash distribution of $0.855 per Limited Partner unit payable September 15, 2017, consistent with its annualized rate of $3.42 per LP unit.Cedar Fair remains confident in its long-term business strategy and expects 2017 to be another record year.Co also announced the declaration of a cash distribution of $0.855 per LP unit, which is consistent with its targeted annualized distribution rate of $3.42 per LP unit. The distribution will be paid on September 15, 2017 to unitholders of record as of September 6, 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Has anyone heard of any rides that Cedar Fair purchased from their procurement trip to Japan?

If memory serves correct this was the trip taken after Europe.

It would be interesting to find out.

Some of these rides could show in 2018????

After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

I feel it's too much capital for those 3 parks.

Well then you're going to be very surprised once 2019 rolls around

Well then you're going to be very surprised once 2019 rolls around

Would love to eat my words but I don't see it. CGAm got it cause that's the next Carowind's (Park they want to take from middle to upper) and they've said nothing about those 3. Also I doubt Cedar Fair will add anything major to Michigan's Adventures in the near future.

^ Stranger things have happened. 2019 May be their year. Think about it

No new coaster in 19 for:

Knotts

Great America

Cedar Point

King's dominion

King's Island possible not likely

Carowinds (maybe RMC conversion or vortex conversion)

What's left?

Valley Fair

Dorney

Worlds of Fun

Michigan's Adventure

Canada's wonderland (they will probably get something)

If CW doesn't receive a B&M then maybe yeah MA could in theory could get something!

Who knows?

What's more likely MA getting a new coaster or Rachel Madow coming out as a Republican?

I will never understand enthusiasts mindset of a park "has" to get a coaster because its been "x" amount of years.

Parks invest into whatever demographic is the most financially viable & beneficial. Valleyfair continues to add family attractions because that's their market, families. If large scale thrill machines brings in the money, then that's what they'd invest into. But its not, and such is the case at a lot of parks. Michigan's adventure has seen a lot of expansion over the years, and the park never really took off. So it's very understandable as to why the park isn't heavily invested into. These are just a few examples.

^ Stranger things have happened. 2019 May be their year. Think about it

No new coaster in 19 for:

Knotts

Great America

Cedar Point

King's dominion

King's Island possible not likely

Carowinds (maybe RMC conversion or vortex conversion)

What's left?

Valley Fair

Dorney

Worlds of Fun

Michigan's Adventure

Canada's wonderland (they will probably get something)

If CW doesn't receive a B&M then maybe yeah MA could in theory could get something!

Who knows?

What's more likely MA getting a new coaster or Rachel Madow coming out as a Republican?

I do think we’ll see at least one of those parks go big very soon.

Edited by WOFanatic

Believe me... At least here in the Lansing area, the "GP", aren't that interested in MiA, BECAUSE they never add anything new of note. We're not talking enthusiasts like me and everybody here. We're talking virtually everybody I know in the area here. People would rather drive the extra hour to CP than go to MiA, where there's nothing much good there (except the water park - ST doesn't shiver the GP's timbers like it does ours). Until MiA actually starts making regular capital investments (which I don't see happening), regular people from this part of Michigan at least, and I dare say farther East as well, won't really care, or come, not when they have CP so close. And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there... I've come to accept that the park is what it is now. And that's not a bad thing. CP isn't that far, and that's really my "home park" anyway, and always has been, so it's all good...

Believe me... At least here in the Lansing area, the "GP", aren't that interested in MiA, BECAUSE they never add anything new of note. We're not talking enthusiasts like me and everybody here. We're talking virtually everybody I know in the area here. People would rather drive the extra hour to CP than go to MiA, where there's nothing much good there (except the water park - ST doesn't shiver the GP's timbers like it does ours). Until MiA actually starts making regular capital investments (which I don't see happening), regular people from this part of Michigan at least, and I dare say farther East as well, won't really care, or come, not when they have CP so close. And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there... I've come to accept that the park is what it is now. And that's not a bad thing. CP isn't that far, and that's really my "home park" anyway, and always has been, so it's all good...

We hit Michigan's adventure a few weeks back, and the ride side was PACKED! This was the first time I have seen this in a while. The lines for all the major coasters were full. We got to talking to some people at the park, and the consensus is that they need more dry rides. One of the couple's we were talking to lived 20 miles from the park, and only went once a year because of the lack of attractions. They go to six flags in Chicago instead when they want a coaster fix. Even though it's 2 hours from them.

20170819_132418.thumb.jpg.1c3b6807561be6bd4815da60c45cc685.jpg

Look at the crowds

20170819_133623.thumb.jpg.b1bdbecfb08637cc8917041ef9486b4a.jpg

20170819_135920.thumb.jpg.984cf09c8be016f4e9acf58830d10b68.jpg

Even the lines were full. And this was at around 2pm.

And you know what? That's EXACTLY what Cedar Fair wants, and why they bought the park, and why there WON'T be any major capital investments there...

I don't buy this argument when Kings Island is closer to Cedar Point than Michigan's Adventure is and they regularly invest in that park.