TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marvel Super Heroes Park in Dubai?

Some very cool concept art from the "Disney and More" blog on MiceChat this morning.

What would a Marvel Super Heroes Theme Park Look Like? Well, one is already on the books and could be built soon - but not by Disney:

In Late 2007, United Arab Emirate-based Al Ahli Group and Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced a partnership that will bring Marvel's full library of Super Heroes - including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The X-Men, Incredible Hulk, The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer - to Dubai for a major new theme park destination being developed by AAG. The Marvel Super-Heroes theme park project was supposed to open in 2011 with an investment of over $1 billion USD but apparently it seems that it has been pushed back and may open in 2012. I don't know yet if the Disney deal with Marvel changed anything in the project, let's hope not.

The creative team who designed the park, in this case not WDI Imagineers but great creative minds from around the globe is based in Hollywood, Orlando and Dubai throughout the development process. When the project was announced the press release said that "New technology and unparalleled visitor experiences will be the hallmark of the theme park creating a new standard for theme parks around the world".

Thanks to Randy, a Disney and more faithful reader whom i thanks a lot, i've found some great artwork of this awaited theme park. All of the concept-arts below were designed by the Chimera Design company who did an absolutely fantastic job as you will see. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of details about the rides but what we can see on the pictures give some indications.

More at the link: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-more-blog-discussions/127398-dubai-world-marvel-super-heroes-theme-park-concept.html

Some of the art is below

693798369_Dubai2.thumb.jpg.c9ed6c48c4d99d171ce3291a89c8e812.jpg

111131066_Dubai1.thumb.jpg.d8584e403ecde5a1f39bd9d3215e6ee4.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images