Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

P. 136: Log flume, zip-line, ropes course & more announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

Postby RayReyes » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:What's scarier than bring a friend free day? Free admission day. See ya next time, Luna Park.

If you read it's really $5 admission

It's really a donate what you can, $5 dollar is the minimum you can donate

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RayReyes » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:49 pm

I have things I want to tell you guys but I can't!!!!!! But 2018 will be a great season. The pictures will give some contexts
20180311_134150[1].jpg
Did Water Mania retire?
20180311_134534[1].jpg
Strange....
20180311_135142[1].jpg
What happening?
20180311_141024[1].jpg
Magnificent Restoration
20180311_140533[1].jpg
I think this was trespassing but there was no security so I went inside the amphitheater
20180311_135142[1].jpg
What is this?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm

With Great Adventure closed on Saturday, I think I'll brave the crowds at Coney Island. I'm hopeful the cold will keep the lines manageable.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RayReyes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:44 pm

As you can somewhat see (I didn't take a great photo I know) You can somewhat see some rides that are going to come this season.

As confirmed: Water Mania will be replaced with a pirate ship attraction named "Coney Clipper"
Power Surge Is no longer there
Magic Bikes will now be in the back of the park
A new interactive ride will be in front of the park
And behind Endeavor will be a drop tower, the name will be "Astrotower as a homage to the original Astrotower

You can see the new park map when coming in from the boardwalk
20180323_182817[1].jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:23 pm

With the $5 wristbands, the park got pretty busy today. I'll take the added crowds in exchange for unlimited Cyclone rides and saving some cash.

We arrived around 2 and only had to wait about 15 minutes for the Thunderbolt. I know the ride isn't well liked here, but I really like it. It still shuffles a bit, but it isn't rough and has a nice combination of airtime and hang time. When we returned arojnd 5:30 to reride it, the queue was full and stretched all the way back to the water.

The Scream Zone was busy. It was hard to skip the Slingshot since the ride was included, but I saw about 75-100 people in line for a ride with a capacity of 2 people. We waited about 40 minutes for Steeplechase. We skipped Soarin' Eagle but it appeared to have equally as long of a wait.

The main area was a madhouse. People were shoulder to shoulder everywhere and the line to buy tickets stretched down the boardwalk. We skipped this area.

The Cyclone was the star as usual. It was nice to be able to reride it without having to shell out cash each time. Even with the queue spilling out into the street, it didn't take more than a half hour. All but one of our rides were in the back car and the coaster was running incredibly well. There wasn't a single rough spot and the airtime was terrifyingly awesome.

The one thing I found deceptive was the lack of advertising by the Cyclone about the $5 wristband. Many people were just buying $10 Cyclone tickets instead.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:18 am

RayReyes wrote:As you can somewhat see (I didn't take a great photo I know) You can somewhat see some rides that are going to come this season.

As confirmed: Water Mania will be replaced with a pirate ship attraction named "Coney Clipper"
Power Surge Is no longer there
Magic Bikes will now be in the back of the park
A new interactive ride will be in front of the park
And behind Endeavor will be a drop tower, the name will be "Astrotower as a homage to the original Astrotower

You can see the new park map when coming in from the boardwalk

I've just seen the full park map, and if the drawing is anything to go by, you guys are in for a treat. Astro Tower will be a Zamperla Flash Tower, and these things are ejector airtime machines!

Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RayReyes » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 am

Check it out guys. The advertisement for the Astrotower, it's gonna be $7 to ride and its high thrill. If you're wondering why isn't Endeavor running, it's because of the construction for the Astrotower
received_1630296053752822.jpeg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RayReyes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Construction going well for Coney Clipper, Magic Bikes is now relocated between Brooklyn Barge and the Coney Clipper site, The interactive ride "Cosmo Jet" will be where Magic Bikes once stood.
20180426_100516.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 pm

RayReyes wrote:Check it out guys. The advertisement for the Astrotower, it's gonna be $7 to ride and its high thrill. If you're wondering why isn't Endeavor running, it's because of the construction for the Astrotower

That makes sense. I was wondering why it was down opening weekend when everything else was open. Looking forward to trying out one of these Flash Towers someday since they look quite a bit better than that old one at the WWE Niagara.

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:59 pm

^^^That retro, throwback advertisement is fantastic. I'd love to see more imagery like that around the park or even on merchandise. It's still a bit trippy to see the Astro Tower name reused.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!