Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 234: 'Love Island' Summer experience coming to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby TheoB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:29 am

larrygator wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:It's a huge step up. X as it has been for the past few years has been a shadow of it's past glory, the thing that made the ride unique back before 2013 was the dramatic music, whole ride going backwards in the dark and the fakeout stops. After its last renovation it was just a roller skater inside a nightclub.

I was bummed I got the latter experience last year. I was looking forward to the odd experience.

I got the former experience and was completely underwhelmed (and confused).

The original version had its theming taken out years ago, the themed part of the queue was converted to be used for Fright Nights so it never made much sense. I prefer the updated version the stops were pointless and slowed it down and the new theme is vibrant, before it was just dark and dull. Good to see the stops weren't just me imagining things although it does go backwards a little bit halfway through the ride too right (and still does as X i'm pretty sure) The new theme is a much needed refresh hopefully they fix the restraints so people can ride alone too as it caused loads of problems. Can see this having massive queues due to the awful capacity and people getting disappointed as its just X, which alone is underwhelming but I guess we'll see. I like the zombie idea at the stops.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby Baffles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am

So X:\ No Way Out is finally no more.. and the zombies have taken over.

Here's some footage from the media event last night. Spoilers.. obviously.

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 pm

I have a question..

I'm going to Thorpe july 16th, the park is still open just from 10-17 (low peak?) - how crowded is the park usually the week before longer hours?
Should I spend more money on the fasttrack (£90 for unlimited)

Thoughts?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am

I visited in September on a rainy Saturday with the off-peak (10-5) hours and the park was packed! Unlike the US parks when we run for shelter on a dreary day, the park was packed. Looking back, I regret not getting an Unlimited Fast Track. Below were the waits for the major rides on my visit:

Colossus- 60-70 minutes
Saw- 45 minutes
Nemesis Inferno- 50-70 minutes
Stealth- 45-60 minutes
Swarm- 45-90 minutes
X- 20-30 minutes
Derren Brown- 90-120 minutes
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah

Postby TheoB » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 am

vekoma_fan wrote:I have a question..

I'm going to Thorpe july 16th, the park is still open just from 10-17 (low peak?) - how crowded is the park usually the week before longer hours?
Should I spend more money on the fasttrack (£90 for unlimited)

Thoughts?

Prepare for hoards of school trips, one train operations and really - the worst! I think the unlimited fast tracks unnecessary maybe get the one which is 1 ride on every major coaster, on a school trippy kind of day, barely anyone uses fastrack so it should work well. Don't queue ages for the walking dead, i'm a celebrity or DBGT as you will most likely be disappointed but if you catch it with a short queue DBGT is definitely worth a ride. Good luck :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:33 am

^ I actually had really good operations and two trains on all major coasters (except Colossus) during my visit. The reason for the waits were crowds, so I can't fault the park there.

I also really liked Derren Brown. I'm not a fan of VR on coasters, but I absolutely loved how it was used on this pseudo haunted house/ghost train.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Gonna be visiting the park this week on the 7th or 8th. The hours are only from 10-4, and I was wondering if I'll be able to ride everything in that time using the normal lines or if I'll need one of the fast track passes? If so, which one?
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 pm

It should be fine, all the schools are back so it shouldn't be bad at all. If for some reason it is busy (even if it's because they insist on running everything on a single train operation), you can just buy Fastpass on the day. Whether you go for Adrenaline or Island Unlimited is up to you, but remember with Adrenaline you get five coaster rides; not necessarily on the same coaster as you can mix and match.

Postby TheoB » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:51 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I actually had really good operations and two trains on all major coasters (except Colossus) during my visit. The reason for the waits were crowds, so I can't fault the park there.

I also really liked Derren Brown. I'm not a fan of VR on coasters, but I absolutely loved how it was used on this pseudo haunted house/ghost train.

Hes going on the very last week of school there will be tons of reward trips and because its offpeak, most rides will have one train unless they plan ahead which is kinda unlikely.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby scottjenkins » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:47 am

Went on Wednesday 6th, kids have literally just gone back to school following half term and the park was PACKED with kids on school trips. I imagine the park will be busy from school trips now until they break up for summer holidays at the end of July.

Average queue times were Colossus 60 - Nemesis 60 - Stealth 60 - Saw 30 - Swarm 30 - DBGT 60.

I only got on 5 rides all day. FUMING!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!