Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 234: 'Love Island' Summer experience coming to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby mr.sugar » Mon May 08, 2017 6:31 am

Henry M wrote:Wooooooww! I cannot believe that thought crossed your mind. You think a thrill ride that could not warrant the queue to keep it operating at a thrill park, would move to a family park where the height restriction dissallows its construction and would have even less queues. Mmmm.

I have never been to Chessington and I doubt I will, so not sure hows the attendance, neither about how exactly are they restricted in terms of height. I´m also being more or less sarcastic. Not sure what they gonna do about it, maybe they are just going to put it somewhere in museum or something.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Mon May 08, 2017 11:37 am

^ If you don't know about the park, then why post about the ride going to another park. Go to Chessington and you will see why it would not go there. :lmao:
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Tue May 23, 2017 9:48 am

Has anyone else realized how much of a massive space there now is for a new coaster. As in, enough room, without adding an island to the lake, to build the biggest coaster yet. If Loggers Leap closes for good, and now that Slammer has gone, there is a huge space for a ride ubove Colossus. The Old Town area is looking kind of dead these days, and the two new rides that have been added are temporary (One only has to look how out of place they are, and the fences to see this).
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

I'll be visiting Thorpe on Saturday September 16. Being a Saturday, I know lines could be an issue.

Does their unlimited Fastrack typically sell out or would I be safe waiting to gauge the crowd and buy it at the park if it were necessary?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Henry M wrote:Has anyone else realized how much of a massive space there now is for a new coaster. As in, enough room, without adding an island to the lake, to build the biggest coaster yet. If Loggers Leap closes for good, and now that Slammer has gone, there is a huge space for a ride ubove Colossus. The Old Town area is looking kind of dead these days, and the two new rides that have been added are temporary (One only has to look how out of place they are, and the fences to see this).

Oh don't worry, you don't need to fear about Thorpe getting a coaster. Knowing Thorpe they're most likely going to hype some brand new never seen before attraction that costs double the price of a good coaster and ends up not really working, opening late and getting closed 3 years later.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:59 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'll be visiting Thorpe on Saturday September 16. Being a Saturday, I know lines could be an issue.

Does their unlimited Fastrack typically sell out or would I be safe waiting to gauge the crowd and buy it at the park if it were necessary?

I don't think they'll sell out before the day, especially in September, I would definitely see what the queues are like before buying any Fastrack.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:44 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:Oh don't worry, you don't need to fear about Thorpe getting a coaster. Knowing Thorpe they're most likely going to hype some brand new never seen before attraction that costs double the price of a good coaster and ends up not really working, opening late and getting closed 3 years later.

Thorpe Park announced they are getting a new coaster at TowerTimes/South Parks event earlier this year, utilising the bridge with a lot of airtime hills however that was just concept art. ;)

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'll be visiting Thorpe on Saturday September 16. Being a Saturday, I know lines could be an issue.

Its not been that busy this year for some reason so you would probably be fine. I'd expect main coaster queues to be around 30-45 minutes so maybe consider the fastracks for the major coasters. Unlimited fastrack simply isn't worth it because you usually have to queue 10-20 minutes on days busy enough for it to be worth using it meaning its hard to get value for money, especially with the short opening hours compared to american parks.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 am

Thanks for the feedback! I plan to get there at opening and will try and get as much done as possible. If lines get bad later in the day, I like that there's the option to buy single fastracks.

What is the best plan of attack? I want to hit all the coasters and Derrin Brown's Ghost Train. I need to leave the park at 4:30ish to catch a train.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:35 am

I'm at the park right now. So far I've been impressed with everything but Colossus's operations. I went to Colossus at opening and it was already a 45 minute wait due to one train ops. By the time I got off, it was up to 90 min.

Also does anyone know why Saw's queue times are oddly specific? While everything else is intervals of 5, I have seen waits of 11, 19, and 36 minutes for Saw.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm at the park right now. So far I've been impressed with everything but Colossus's operations. I went to Colossus at opening and it was already a 45 minute wait due to one train ops. By the time I got off, it was up to 90 min.

Also does anyone know why Saw's queue times are oddly specific? While everything else is intervals of 5, I have seen waits of 11, 19, and 36 minutes for Saw.

Yeah colossus has disgusting operations. Its horrific! I'm not sure with Saw's queueboard but its been like that all year I think the display is broken maybe?
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!