Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 234: 'Love Island' Summer experience coming to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby TheoB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

I've been told by multiple different people that DBGT: Rise of the Demon has been doing soft openings towards the end of the day from Saturday till Monday, and this probably kept going. Apparently it is a HUGE improvement so I am very exciting to ride in the next few weeks!
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:48 am

^Good news, i'm going on the 7th so hopefully there won't be any issues and it'll be open then!

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 am

^ I went yesterday and there looked from the outside to be a lot of work still going on. Guests going in had to where hard hats.
P3284986.JPG
Closed, and still work ongoing. I feel soft opening will start about one day before opening if it happens.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

^Luckily it doesn't seem like they're planning on delaying it this time, they're very certain on social media and everywhere else. So if work is still on going it wont be anything serious that could delay anything

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Question. Why do people throw up all the time on Saw? I have not heard as much from other Eurofighters, but there are lots of videos of people puking on the ride and I have heard from many people the ride closed due to vomiting. Is it due to the themeing, or how rough the ride is, or is the layout generally more disorientating and nauseating than most rides? I was once about to board the ride last year, and was faced with a large puddle in front of me.This ride seems to cause more problems than the old X!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 am

Henry M wrote:Question. Why do people throw up all the time on Saw? I have not heard as much from other Eurofighters, but there are lots of videos of people puking on the ride and I have heard from many people the ride closed due to vomiting. Is it due to the themeing, or how rough the ride is, or is the layout generally more disorientating and nauseating than most rides? I was once about to board the ride last year, and was faced with a large puddle in front of me.This ride seems to cause more problems than the old X!

I'd guess it's more to do with how rough it is, I've not ridden it for a few years now, but up to that point it had gotten rougher and rougher every year, to the point that I'd happily not ride it anymore, and I'll ride most things. I also imagine the last Immelmann may have something to do with it, as it's so small it does result in some fairly intense movement and forces, which some people may not respond well to.

Postby RyanTPM » Thu May 04, 2017 9:26 am

^Well i can confirm after riding it last month that it is still very, very rough and quite uncomfortable to ride. That and Colossus give you a headache for definite.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 am

^ Colossus is fine if you ride in one of the lower seats, that is odd numbered rows. That is one of the things I insist. When the ride-ops gesture to an empty even numbered row, I say no to it, and I don't think I am the only one to find this out, as the even rows often have one train less of a queue. I urge you to ride odd numbered rows, otherwise this really good coaster turns into a death trap.

In other news, Slammer is dead. To pay tribute, I Photoshoped an old picture I took last year, to try and show it in its glory. Such a shame, I am devastated. Heard about it from Thorpe Park Mania, read up about it on their page if you want.
P7101738 (2).JPG
RIP, great ride, great memories.

The last Sky Swat is now in the history books.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Thu May 04, 2017 12:07 pm

RyanTPM wrote:^Well i can confirm after riding it last month that it is still very, very rough and quite uncomfortable to ride. That and Colossus give you a headache for definite.

It really depends what car you get allocated to, they vary hugely.

Henry M wrote:^ Colossus is fine if you ride in one of the lower seats, that is odd numbered rows. That is one of the things I insist. When the ride-ops gesture to an empty even numbered row, I say no to it, and I don't think I am the only one to find this out, as the even rows often have one train less of a queue. I urge you to ride odd numbered rows, otherwise this really good coaster turns into a death trap.

In other news, Slammer is dead. To pay tribute, I Photoshoped an old picture I took last year, to try and show it in its glory. Such a shame, I am devastated. Heard about it from Thorpe Park Mania, read up about it on their page if you want.

The thing with Colossus is bigger people can't ride in the odd numbered rows due to the lack of legroom. And to say often have one less of a queue. I have never in my life seen people spreading out over odd number rows.

Shame about Slammer but it was time for it to go, should of gone years ago it was never popular and just a money pit with 0 return in investment.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Postby RyanTPM » Thu May 04, 2017 3:10 pm

We may be able to question how Colossus rides based on the occasional different seat but there's no questioning how unbelievably bad the ride is actually looking right now which doesn't help. It needs a massive overhaul, the track and supports look so, so bad!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!