Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby Baffles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:51 am

Colossus is a bit of a nightmare at the moment - has been running on one train for a while with some awful queue times. Concerning as the busiest period of the year is approaching.

Saw queue times are no different to others - so not sure why they are doing that as they have no real way to measure so specifically.

Hope you had a good day!
TowersTimes.co.uk | SouthParks.co.uk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:42 am

^ I had heard Colossus was getting colossal waits so I tried hitting it first but it already had a wait. Many of the queue times were a good 20-30 minutes less than the queue boards, but with the one train ops I have a feeling Colossus's 70-90 minute wait was spot on.

I had an excellent day! A photo TR is to follow (maybe even tonight since I have a 2 hr train ride to Blackpool). I had heard a lot of negative things about Merlin and how they run their parks but I came away very impressed. They don't have a true world class coaster in their lineup but they have 5 very good ones plus a few nice flats and the Ghost Train.

I nearly skipped the latter because of the 100 minute posted wait but thankfully gave it a chance. It's a really immersive and unique ride.

TheoB wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm at the park right now. So far I've been impressed with everything but Colossus's operations. I went to Colossus at opening and it was already a 45 minute wait due to one train ops. By the time I got off, it was up to 90 min.

Also does anyone know why Saw's queue times are oddly specific? While everything else is intervals of 5, I have seen waits of 11, 19, and 36 minutes for Saw.

Yeah colossus has disgusting operations. Its horrific! I'm not sure with Saw's queueboard but its been like that all year I think the display is broken maybe?

I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the Saw films, which I haven't seen.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mr.sugar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:58 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I had heard Colossus was getting colossal waits so I tried hitting it first but it already had a wait. Many of the queue times were a good 20-30 minutes less than the queue boards, but with the one train ops I have a feeling Colossus's 70-90 minute wait was spot on.

I had an excellent day! A photo TR is to follow (maybe even tonight since I have a 2 hr train ride to Blackpool). I had heard a lot of negative things about Merlin and how they run their parks but I came away very impressed. They don't have a true world class coaster in their lineup but they have 5 very good ones plus a few nice flats and the Ghost Train.

I nearly skipped the latter because of the 100 minute posted wait but thankfully gave it a chance. It's a really immersive and unique ride.

TheoB wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm at the park right now. So far I've been impressed with everything but Colossus's operations. I went to Colossus at opening and it was already a 45 minute wait due to one train ops. By the time I got off, it was up to 90 min.

Also does anyone know why Saw's queue times are oddly specific? While everything else is intervals of 5, I have seen waits of 11, 19, and 36 minutes for Saw.

Yeah colossus has disgusting operations. Its horrific! I'm not sure with Saw's queueboard but its been like that all year I think the display is broken maybe?

I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the Saw films, which I haven't seen.

Agree, Thorpe Park and Heide Park is not bad at all. They truly have some very good attractions. But the way they run their parks is horrible. Thorpe Park has problems with keeping rides up and running.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 am

I am not trying to promote this kid in anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_jFhrchQQ, but this is nuts

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am

^ I saw that video a while back and I agree 100%. The other time I saw someone do that was the Big One at Blackpool.

I don't understand why someone would risk their lives to climb all the way up since they're getting arrested even if they make it. And then if they somehow avoid the cops, they're nice enough to post a video on social media so they can be tracked down.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:00 am

... And straight after that video, he uploaded another one showing how Merlin banned him from every single one of their theme parks.

What did we learn? If you want to climb something climb a mountain, not a roller coaster.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!