TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

World Joyland in China

Hey guys

On my most recent jaunt through the Chinese interweb I dug up info on a new 2010 park in China.

There is a brand new park called Global Digital Carnival Valley (google translation) or maybe World Joyland (logo) which is set to open next year and is set to feature a custom designed B&M Flier and a Maurer X-car. they also seem to have stolen some of the IOA logo

heres a couple of images of the guys from Maurer and B&M

A guy from MAURER Söhne signs the deal for the X-Car

Sophie Bolliger (walters seemingly very attractive sister) signs the deal for the B&M Flier.

Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_59cbae230100fy8n.html

Translated Stats for Flier

Under the contract, B & M will combine the global digital game carnival Valley's unique culture and philosophy, for the first tailor-create all of Asia's longest, highest, fastest flying roller coaster, which tracks up to 855 meters, high-altitude diving up to 40 meters a speed as fast as 88 kilometers. 除此之外,此款飞行过山车还首创设有4个翻转和3个半翻转的高空刺激体验,是全球运动元素最多的一款飞行过山车。 Apart from that this section's first flying roller coaster is also equipped with four flip, and three and a half flip to stimulate high-altitude experience, is the largest element of a global campaign flying roller coaster.

This site contains concept art

http://club.5sing.com/2576/ForumInfo-20794.aspx

Including this really interesting looking coaster which i assume is probably not accurate

It has occured to me this could be that missing yellow track. But the track seems to have been made a bit to early to fit this project.

Home Page: http://www.jiaziworld.com/html/JoyLand_About.html

More as i find it

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting find, but I am starting to worry about China a bit. We visited tons of deserted amusement parks where it seemed like the government was probably just keeping the parks open to allow people to have jobs.

In fact the whole country seemed to just be building stuff to keep everyone occupied. They would be building giant buildings next to brand new buildings that weren't even occupied.

I hope everything works out, at least these are some real rides and not the Chinese knock off models!

• 1 month later...

I was on RCDB(I'm such a nerd) and apparently a park in China called World Joyland is getting a flyer. I clicked the link, assuming it would be similar to all the others. According to the link the coaster will have a loop(not a pretzel loop) an in lne twist(common on all B&M flyers) and a double corkscrew. Now, Manta does technically have a corkscrew, but not two in a row, and manta does not have a vertical loop. Are B&M trying to challenge the vekoma stingray in terms of uniqueness? One thing is for sure though, this custom flyer sounds like the most unique B&M coaster for quite a while.

rcdb.com/8983.htm

It's great that it will have a unique layout.

However, I don't think it is fair to blame B&M for not building unique coasters. I'm sure they have a portfolio of ideas that they share with parks (but not the general public). If a park has the money and wants something unique, if B&M thinks it is feasible they will build it.

Unique coasters will always have higher costs than an existing model and many parks will settle for a tested product.

^ Agreed, but they are a different company then they used to be. There rides are not as innovative as gerstalurs, intamins, or even macks and S&S's. And, although they are bigger than most of those companies(excluding intamin) they have not pushed the envelope in quite a while. This could also be good because a loop will mean a lie down section, which has not been on a flyer(excluding pretzel loops) since AIR.

I think a large consideration in comparing B&M to the other coaster companies is just how long B&M had been heads and shoulders above other steel manufacturers since the mid-90's. I feel like other companies need to push the envelope and develop new trains, designs, and elements more simply because if a park wants to build a steel coaster chances are they'll want to choose the company that promises to build a smooth, high capacity, and low-maintenance ride; which B&M promises. The other companies need to offer something different and exciting to the equation, or be a great deal more affordable, to compete with the high quality stuff B&M has been producing for the past 15+ or so years.

That's at least the way I've always seen it.

Concerning this ride, I imagine the loop will be an inward facing loop? I mean the train on the inside of the loop like the existing pretzel loops.

I hate to dampen expectations, but RCDB isn't exactly an official source. The "loop" they've listed could very well just be a pretzel loop. RCDB could be going off sources that could have transcribed the information incorrectly or just have incorrect info to begin with. Until there's an actual layout from the park, I wouldn't be getting giant enthusiasts boners about how unique this thing is.

Let's see here:

1. Vekoma builds a flying coaster with loop (not pretzel loop) and double inversions at the end.

2. B&M improve the design and make it better for the riderrrr.

3. Everyone is far happier with the B&M model than the Vekoma models (many more are built).

4. B&M decide to replicate elements from Vekoma's failed design???

I just don't understand it.

-James Dillaman

I personally prefer Firehawk over Superman: Ultimate Flight. B&M Flyers in my opinion gain speed really slow, and the one I rode it ultra boring. Firehawk had some pretty surprising turns and I rate it much higher.

If B&M does do the consecutive corkscrews, they will probably be like the ones on Nighthawk @ Carowinds.

This ride is actually the same as the one in this thread

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52948&highlight=global+digital+carnival

If you look at the CGI image in that thread you will see an artists representation of the flyer.

As far as the layout of the ride I believe Duane got the info on the layout directly from B&M while at IAAPA. I know he was waiting to add the ride to the DB until after he confirmed it with them.

I personally prefer Firehawk over Superman: Ultimate Flight. B&M Flyers in my opinion gain speed really slow, and the one I rode it ultra boring. Firehawk had some pretty surprising turns and I rate it much higher.

Tatsu is much better than the Supermans, and I hear Manta is really good, too... Please don't let me live in a world where Firehawk is better than anything...

If B&M does do the consecutive corkscrews, they will probably be like the ones on Nighthawk @ Carowinds.

I rode Firehawk during its debut month, I haven't ridden it since, so it was still fairly smooth back then (I don't know how it's aged). From that experience I agree that Firehawk is a more solid ride than the Superman clones. However, I have ridden both Tatsu and Manta and they are infinitely better than both the Vekoma and the Superman models. I wouldn't judge all B&M flyers off of their most boring layout...

Come ride Manta and I'm sure your opinion would change, it's my personal favorite.

Tatsu is much better than the Supermans, and I hear Manta is really good, too... Please don't let me live in a world where Firehawk is better than anything...

Has anyone really ridden Firehawk enough to know? Every time I go it's the worst line in the park. I've been on it one time and that's probably not going to change.