Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

P. 17: Alligator Alley announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:So basically Dinosaurs Alive but with bugs? At least it's something. Doesn't sound like it will be an upcharge either, so that's nice.

They had their own version of Dinos during 2016. This will use the same area.

I must say that they are really trying to keep with being a local family park. Once again another attraction that doesn't interest me. It's the closest park to me too (by a few miles). I've only been once in 2012.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm

I must say that I was expecting a decent-sized ride or a new coaster with them touting this as a "mega-announcement".

Can't say that they were fibbing, but they managed to get one over on me. :lol

Not that giant bugs don't sound interesting...don't get me wrong here - I kind of like the sounds of a 50' millipede.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Sounds interesting. They definitely want to focus on catering to local families, and that works just fine for them. Would love to see a new, custom coaster come to the park, but that probably wont happen for a long time.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:23 am

Huh. I can't say that this attraction is what I was thinking it was going to be. I was thinking that it would be a kiddie ride package or even just one large flat ride, like an air race or something. Seems like it will be a fun new experience, but not interesting enough to get me to go down to Georgia. :lol: I wonder when Herschend will add another coasters since the last one was a used Miler in 2010.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Bump
So we passed by this place on the way down to Orlando this summer. We will be passing by it again next summer when we stay in Kissimmee. Me and my wife decided that next summer we will be going here for sure. So I have been doing some research on this place. Wow this place has potential. Rides, Roller Coasters, animals and a water park. I feel like this place could really become something great. I am really looking forward to it. I know they do not have any signature coasters but the place as a package deal seems great! I cant believe we dont hear more about this place. What should I honestly expect?
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Lotologist492 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 pm

grsupercity wrote: I know they do not have any signature coasters but the place as a package deal seems great! I cant believe we dont hear more about this place. What should I honestly expect?

Although I have not been to this park in about 8 years, I really did like it. It is very family friendly, clean, and there is lots of attention to detail. The animal attractions and water park alone are worth the visit. Ride lines were never very long so you should be able to ride everything. I also remember they did an excellent job with Phobia (their Halloween event) and their Christmas season.

Now - I have no idea what has changed since the current ownership took over but from the sound of things there has not been much added. I visited this park as a nice alternative to SFoG and even bought season passes (passports) for several years. Even though no major new rides have lured be back, I really do want to check this place out again. Like I said my memories are positive.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 am

The park is teasing "something wild" is coming for 2019 and it will be their biggest announcement yet. They are announcing tomorrow (Sept 13th) morning.

Haven't heard any rumors at all - any guesses?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 am

Didn't see the mention of biggest announcement yet, but the teaser images put emphasis on wild and show part of a crocodile. Perhaps a new zoo addition/upgrade?

Seems like more zoo based attractions would be something that could give them an edge. There are bigger and better rides and water parks all over Florida and Georgia, but not many that combine all three.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:33 am

^ They mention biggest on the teaster page: https://www.wildadventures.com/plan-your-visit/new-for-2019

Could totally see it being a complete marketing gimmick in saying biggest (since that could mean so many things) but interesting none the less.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:06 pm

AndrewRnR wrote:^ They mention biggest on the teaster page: https://www.wildadventures.com/plan-your-visit/new-for-2019

Could totally see it being a complete marketing gimmick in saying biggest (since that could mean so many things) but interesting none the less.

You seem like a really nice guy. My wish is a Splash Battle themed to Gators
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!