TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

After looking at some of the credit whorish things done at Pigeon Forge (you should all be ashamed ) I thought it'd be cool to hear about other whorish things we've all done.

My biggest credit whore moment:

While on business in the Philippines I made an effort to look for any and all credits in Manila. Hired a driver for the day to take me shopping and credit whoring (because I was not about to drive in Manila).

Hit a mall coaster and Star City, ended up getting 5 credits including 2 wacky worms in the same park, placed 10 feet away from each other.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never driven more than 30 minutes out of the way for a kiddie coaster. I guess the worst thing was stopping at all the Jersey Shore parks on the way home from Morey Piers and than having to return to Keansburg 4 times to get their Wildcat credit.

I did drive out of my way by a couple of hours on the way home from Dollywood on January 2nd in order to ride the Mountain Coaster at WISP. I love mountain coasters and riding them in freezing temperatures makes for a lot of fun. But I wouldn't call that detour whorish. Although Robb and Elissa will call me a whore for counting it as a credit.

The worst was a side trip to Grady's Family Fun park in Bloomington, IL. We stop in just to ride their Dragon Wagon. Well, after 45 minutes of the girl working the front desk calling people, including the owner on vacation, to find out if adults can ride we got on. From there, she had to call for help to take a credit card to ride. We finally got on and did not fit right. So the teen ride-op, confused as hell, let us ride sideways as the employees were laughing at us. All and all, was a good way to waste 75 minutes.

I was on vacation and I went to ocean city to go to trimper's for a boomerang and toboggan. Ocean city is not a place you ever want to go on a vacation (it sucks).

I was also in Spain and my exchange student brought me to a ski resort. Lets just say they had an alpine coaster....

I knew i was going to get my first overseas credit on that trip

I had had planned to make Everest my 50th, as firehawk, erm...X Flight at the time was my 25th, and I wanted the quarter mark to be Vekoma...don't ask me why. Well, the summer before the trip to Florida, i trolled around Essex county with a friend of mine going for credits, so Everest could be the 50th when the time came.

the plan worked, except I forgot on my second ride on Space mountain that it was two creds (I count gemini as two as well), and SM ended up being my 50th.

I got a bonus credit too at KW for riding Lil' Phantom with another enthusiast, and not needing a kid to ride.

I don't ride kiddie coasters. The credits I do have are from when I was a kid, and I'll only ride if, say my little cousin wants to ride it, but I couldn't care less if I do or don't ride one. I think it's a waste of time. I could be riding something bigger and better instead of a kiddie coaster.

I travel alot for my job as well, so in july when they told me i had to go to Tampa, i ended up driving from va, just to hit all the kiddie coasters along the way. i then one night drove all the way to Boomers (3 hours each way) just to get that credit. I ended up getting 14 credits on that trip (including Manta). I would of gotten 8 more except for the fact that wild adventures closed early that night because of rain. I was even annoyed as i had drive 4 hours out of my way to get to Wild Adventures.

Way too many times. I don't even know what would be my most whorish. Though, I have never (and will never) steel a kid!!!!

After the Texas trip I concluded I would quit "whoring" after the longest line I waited in on the whole trip was for Shamu Express. And after some kids just randomly walked in front of our group in line for Romp Bomp a Stomp, and we had to tell them that we were riding, not just standing here!

I haven't done anything particularly whorish yet, but this is what comes closest. I consider these whorish because they were basically quick, expensive side trips with little or no expectation of thrills.

1. The day I went to Wild Waves and Fun Forest, I also went to Remlinger Farms to ride Mine Twister (which is in my mind one of the most boring coaster styles). Cost: $11 for one ride (all-day wristband). Also, Rainbow Chaser at Fun Forest is basically a clone except by a different company, which just proves further I wasn't really going for the experience as much as the credit!

2. Less whorish, I'll admit. The day I went to SCBB I also went to Gilroy Gardens for 30 or 45 minutes maximum. I paid $30 and rode Banana Boat once, Timber Twister once, and Quicksilver Express twice. That comes out to $7.50 per ride (assuming I'm not factoring in intangibles like the beautiful setting).

I have a couple more "mildly whorish" plans for the season, but I'll spare you the details.

I think this is even worse than whoring for a new credit..

In 2006 I was at Cedar Point and some people I was with needed their Jr. Gemini credit, and I felt like riding too (even though I already had the credit), so we all "kidnapped" little kids so we could all ride.

I think some other noteable coasters I've shamefully been on are:

-Ravine Flyer 3

-Lil Phantom

I'm not a big one for riding the kiddie coasters, as why ride a kiddie coaster when there are better coasters to ride. Now, if I have time, I might, but I won't go out of my way. The most credit whorish thing I have done though is riding the Little Dipper at Kiddieland earlier this year. I was going to be a credit whore at Heritage Square in Denver and Knuckleheads in the Dells, but both times, I've changed my mind before I got in line.

My first ever real credit whoring was on the Roadrunner Express at SFDK when I was 17. Then the following year I got my Jr Gemini and Woodstock Express credits at Cedar Point.

But the worst I've done was paying $5 for tickets to ride Miner Mike and Dragon Coaster at Heritage Square here in Colorado.

The TPR east coast trip was full of credit whoring as well. Best credit whoring memories from that trip include the visit to a park just for the one credit (Sesame Place), and the night time epic takeover of Lake Compounce's Kiddie Coaster - they sent the train around one time, loaded up the next 5 of us, and repeated that cycle until all 90 or so of us had ridden!

My first ever real credit whoring was on the Roadrunner Express at SFDK when I was 17.

I tried to get on that ride last year, but the ride op had this rehearsed line: "please enjoy one of the many FULL-SIZED coasters our park has to offer!" It made me feel so dirty and pathetic, I couldn't bring myself to kidnap anyone for the ride.