TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

There are two that particularly stick out to me.

Making a pit stop at the Granby Zoo in Canada on the way to La Ronde with the sole intention to ride the Python Panique coaster. I paid full admission for the zoo and then found out the rides opened an hour or two after the zoo and were an additional upcharge. On the bright side, the Granby Zoo was the best zoo I've ever been to but I openly admit I went in as a credit whore.

Making a detour at Party Zone USA to ride their kiddie coaster. After buying the ticket, I then had to ask 2-3 employees who could operate the ride. When I found the right employee, they asked where my kid was. Yeah...there wasn't a kid with me so I got a shocked look.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it. Quality over quantity. A great 150 will always beat 300 filled with kiddie coasters, boomerangs, Vekoma SLCs etc

However, I did ride Kozmo's Kurves at Knoebels, which to be fair was pretty decent for a kiddie ride

That's pretty much my worst, I just wait for other coasters/rides instead of picking up easy creds

^ I never go out of the way for credits, but will hit them if they are on my route or my route can pass by them without adding more than a half hour.

I do feel bad taking time to ride a kiddie credit at a major park such as Carowinds when I could ride Fury another time instead.

Yeah in the case I mentioned...Knoebels is a small park. I already have done the coasters multiple times, most rides, and had more ERT coming at night so it was no loss at all to do it. But, hate to be moralistic, I just don't like the idea. Especially for kiddie rides! Just feels bad man

^ Honestly SFStL has some legit rides. Mr. Freeze and Batman alone make it worth a visit, but then the three woodies.... Not to mention flats like Excalibur and Tsunami Soaker. It's a very underrated park. Just bring a picnic lunch and go out to your car to eat, it's faster than standing in a food line. I understand they're working on this issue, though, so good for them.

^ Honestly SFStL has some legit rides. Mr. Freeze and Batman alone make it worth a visit..

Having SFOT so close, I've already been spoiled by those two rides. Not to mention the SFStL version of Mr. Freeze is terrible.

but then the three woodies....

You know, my ex had the same reasoning for a group of friends he had... no thank you.

Not to mention flats like Excalibur and Tsunami Soaker.

Eh, Excalibur made me want to vomit just looking at it. . . And the 15+ minutes between cycles on Tsunami Soaker made it enough for us to skip.

It's a very shitty park.

Fixed that for you.

Just bring a picnic lunch and go out to your car to eat, it's faster than standing in a food line.

The most accurate thing ever!!

Yeah in the case I mentioned...Knoebels is a small park. I already have done the coasters multiple times, most rides, and had more ERT coming at night so it was no loss at all to do it. But, hate to be moralistic, I just don't like the idea. Especially for kiddie rides! Just feels bad man

I really don't ride kids coasters either but there's no shame in riding Kozmo's Kurves. Kozmo's Kurves rules.

For some reason several years back I felt like I needed to ride every coaster I came across including the kid coasters just to have the credit and move my count up. It didn't take long for me to snap out of wanting to do that as I realized I was just wasting time on rides I did not care about and did not mean anything. I guess the only instance I felt out of place was riding the kid coaster at Holiday World.

I now have trouble understanding why people drive out of their way to hit an obscure kiddie coaster when they could just be going out to the parks that have the ones that actually matter.

edit: some of you may look at my profile picture and think this is an odd thing for me to say. I can assure you my son who was 2 at the time was on the ride with me and I enjoy the picture because it does look like its just me on there having a blast.

I really don't ride kids coasters either but there's no shame in riding Kozmo's Kurves. Kozmo's Kurves rules.

It really does. I was quite surprised!

Not sure is this is credit whorish, but I have a future one. I am gunna stop at Conneaut Lake Park solely because it'll be near where I am. I will be going solely for the 1 coaster, then I'm jetting off to Ohio for my hotel. Not even sure if the coaster is well regarded, I just know it's there.

Out of curiosity, have you been to Waldameer? It's nearby and it's lovely (and by that I mean, it's absolutely nothing like Conneaut Lake). If time allows I'd stop there also but if you have to pick one park I'd suggest Conneaut because there's about a 900% chance Blue Streak won't be running all that long since in all likelihood they've just about maxed out the Home Depot rewards card that they use to buy parts for the ride and I'm sure they'll be unable to make the payments.

Be sure to buy a Slap Chop, a Confederate flag or a Geauga Lake keychain from the gift shop while you're there to help the cause. Lol

Out of curiosity, have you been to Waldameer? It's nearby and it's lovely (and by that I mean, it's absolutely nothing like Conneaut Lake). If time allows I'd stop there also but if you have to pick one park I'd suggest Conneaut because there's about a 900% chance Blue Streak won't be running all that long since in all likelihood they've just about maxed out the Home Depot rewards card that they use to buy parts for the ride and I'm sure they'll be unable to make the payments.

Be sure to buy a Slap Chop, a Confederate flag or a Geauga Lake keychain from the gift shop while you're there to help the cause. Lol

Nope, but I am actually going there for the first time ever this June.

That's why I thought about Conneaut, that was the park along the way as I head to my hotel after leaving Waldameer. Heading to Cedar Point the next day. Been wanting to go to Waldameer for years. At first for RFII but it looks to be a very nice lil park. I plan to spend several hours there.

Oh man your snark game is A+ right now. Honestly it was purely because the park is right there, if I have a good enough time at Waldameer I'll gladly ditch Conneaut. As said I don't have a compulsion to rack up creds for the sake of it.

Nope, but I am actually going there for the first time ever this June.

That's why I thought about Conneaut, that was the park along the way as I head to my hotel after leaving Waldameer. Heading to Cedar Point the next day. Been wanting to go to Waldameer for years. At first for RFII but it looks to be a very nice lil park. I plan to spend several hours there.

Oh man your snark game is A+ right now. Honestly it was purely because the park is right there, if I have a good enough time at Waldameer I'll gladly ditch Conneaut. As said I don't have a compulsion to rack up creds for the sake of it.

My entire second half of my trip to the Philippines, in retrospects.

I rode a grand total of 6 coasters (7 if the invert at Star City was open), none of which are really anything to write home about:

Sky Ranch Tagaytay (has a view that rivals Ocean Park's):

-Log Coaster (used Zamperla powered coaster)

-Nessi Coaster (fun story: I thought I lost the token to ride it, so instead of just letting it go and walking away, I went off to buy another one, and when I came back, the ride op was like: "Why don't you go ride the Log Coaster? It's bigger." And I'm like: "I need to get the credit". She looked at me like "WTF is that supposed to mean?")

Enchanted Kingdom (a surprisingly pretty and charming park)

-Space Shuttle (Vekoma Boomerang with vest restraints)

-Roller Skater (Vekoma junior coaster)

Star City (A FEC on steroids if anything else)

-Blizzard (VERY rough Top Fun Blizzard clone. At least the restraints were relatively soft, so the headbanging was tolerable.)

-Dragon Coaster (one of two Wacky worm clones in the park. People stared. A lot.)

You really need to check out Conneaut's Blue Streak. It is a short detour to CP and directly on the route from Waldemeer to Kennywood. An arm band only costs 5 bucks, or ten, but you will never forget your experience. The wall of gum dark ride, priceless. The coaster, Oh Boy. We were in line for the front seat. The Beautiful classic NAD train rumbled in and as the train stopped, the seat fell onto the floor of the car. Everyone else loaded but we pointed to the operator and asked if the front seat was actually in use. He looked at us like we were crazy and said of course it is. We pointed and said, but the seat is on the floor of the car? He walked over, picked it up, put it in place, I guess, and said, there you go. Seeing as I like front or back seats, I said, Oh what the hell, if I die, this is the way to go. Off we went. Every time there was air, The seat kept flying forward. We didn't know when our butts sat back down if there would be a seat or not. I would say, it is the best classic scary coaster out there today. You really have to experience it. Oh the memories. ( I would do it again in a heartbeat)

You really need to check out Conneaut's Blue Streak. It is a short detour to CP and directly on the route from Waldemeer to Kennywood. An arm band only costs 5 bucks, or ten, but you will never forget your experience. The wall of gum dark ride, priceless. The coaster, Oh Boy. We were in line for the front seat. The Beautiful classic NAD train rumbled in and as the train stopped, the seat fell onto the floor of the car. Everyone else loaded but we pointed to the operator and asked if the front seat was actually in use. He looked at us like we were crazy and said of course it is. We pointed and said, but the seat is on the floor of the car? He walked over, picked it up, put it in place, I guess, and said, there you go. Seeing as I like front or back seats, I said, Oh what the hell, if I die, this is the way to go. Off we went. Every time there was air, The seat kept flying forward. We didn't know when our butts sat back down if there would be a seat or not. I would say, it is the best classic scary coaster out there today. You really have to experience it. Oh the memories. ( I would do it again in a heartbeat)

Oh I am. Like you said, it's literally on the way AND I will have time to kill, I may not be a cred whore but can't pass up this opportunity And I love history, so I really appreciate that aspect of it.

I've never been one to credit whore, but I have been known to get swept up in the idiocy of a crowd. When that crowd is a TPR tour group, well, you can imagine the level of silly. Yeah, we broke the kiddie coaster at Mirabilandia. HEAR ME OUT!

We had just finished an incredible morning with ERT on Katun and iSpeed. Blood was pumping, everyone was having an awesome start to their day (except the one or two dingalings that thought iSpeed was rough), and when the park officially opened to the public the closest coaster was the kiddie. Of course we got together and decided to jump on! A train full of young adult and middle aged American fatties. I'm pretty sure the ride op nearly fainted from the hilarity unfolding. Anyway, we leave the station and get up the lift and do a lap. All good, right? Well, this is a kiddie that does two or three laps where, normally, the train will roll through the station and the chain will catch it a little ways up the lift. Yeah, no. We barreled through the station like we were Tom Cruise running from the gay thoughts, flew 3/4 of the way up the lift, caught the chain and promptly stopped dead. Overloaded the motor. We had to sit there for five minutes while everything reset and then were sent through again, this time with hard brakes in the station.

Good times!

After I got a haircut yesterday morning, I saw a trailer pass with the unmistakable dragon train of a Dragon Wagon. I followed that trailer onto the highway since I had to go that way anyway. When it was time for my exit, I considered for a brief moment to continue following the Dragon Wagon but decided against my whorish thoughts.