Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Pg 667: Six Flags is planning to operate Darien Lake again
Users viewing this topic: jonlocke and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 am

I posted the park email addresses on the previous page that all start with "sfdl"

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 pm

So since it seems all but official that the park will go back to being SFDL neat season, my guess is that they will get something good for the roll out. Here are my guesses.

1. Batman stunt show back in the old theater building behind viper.
2. S&S 4D free spin themed to Batman either behind the current go kart track or remove the go karts and place there.
3. Re-name of Twister to Harley Quinn Spinsanity
4. Some type of theme to the antique cars like Penguin's getaway cars or something.
5. I'm not sure if they could somehow include the bumper cars or Pirate in this, but if they could, that would be cool too.

This will create a true Gotham City section of the park and still create a space that just about every SF park has, and theming that just about every SF park has as well.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Do any other Six Flags parks still do the Batman Stunt Show? I'd like to see that back. Better yet bring back the ride rotation program so we can get Nightmare at Phantom Cave again. I'm sure the facade is still behind the current backdrop, lol. Crazier things have happened...

Also lmao at antique cars being getaway cars.

Honestly I could see a freespin in our future and I think it would be an awesome addition.
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 pm

If they were to do an all Batman/Gotham City area, then let's hope for a new area and not make it look cheesy with bumper cars and go-karts. How about a new "Batman" coaster with a few Batman/Joker/Riddler flats. with a Gotham city-themed restaurant.

:mickey:

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Y'all are too optimistic. Darien Lake will surely not be getting a free spin.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Not that it will probably happen, at least no time soon, they should expand out near RoS and rename it Superman of course. They also should make that a DC comics section with a new ride or two or just move a current ride to make it a "themed" section. I don't see them ever bringing back the stunt show since no six flags has one anymore. They honestly should remove that building to expand over that way unless they need it for storage I guess.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:125
STEEL:96
WOOD:29
PARKS:25

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Sk610 wrote:2. S&S 4D free spin themed to Batman either behind the current go kart track or remove the go karts and place there.

There's room behind the black gates next to RoS, they could retheme RoS, and put a free spin over there, that could be a possible Gotham City area too.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dnn2031 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 am

I'd say those are pretty pie-in-the-sky, but ride install announcements for Six Flags parks should be around end of the month.

Extra laughs at Nightmare coming back. That name was by all accounts duly earned. As is the theater building is getting partially emptied (a lot of mothballed coaster parts were being shuffled out from Viper's viewpoint) presumably for Fright Fest usage again.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby SbSteveZ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:51 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Do any other Six Flags parks still do the Batman Stunt Show? I'd like to see that back. Better yet bring back the ride rotation program so we can get Nightmare at Phantom Cave again. I'm sure the facade is still behind the current backdrop, lol. Crazier things have happened...

Also lmao at antique cars being getaway cars.

Honestly I could see a freespin in our future and I think it would be an awesome addition.

If you’re referring to the backdrop on the front of the building, that was removed several years ago when they repainted the front of the building for the Nik Wallenda show. Now it sits all black, with zero theming and probably zero intention for future year round use
Total Coasters: 84 Total Steel: 72 Total Wood: 12
Last Coaster: Leviathan @ Wonderland
80TH COASTER: The Beast @ Kings Island
RIDE ON!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby rjr19 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am

Just out of curiosity, I have not been to DL in a few weeks, is Pirate open yet, or will that thing be down all season at this point?
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!