Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am

coasterbill wrote:... or just leave them alone and stop bothering them on Facebook to complain about every single thing you don't like about the park.

Or we could just troll other park threads like you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 am

^ I wouldn't call someone that has over 11,000 posts on TPR a troll. :lol:

A lot of us like to check out this train wreck of a thread whenever we feel like we need a good laugh, eye roll....or feel like chugging some alcohol because of how many truly dumb posts are in here. There are some good posters on this thread, but there is also a lot more complaining, whining with an abundance of ridiculously idiotic posts that are annoying to the point where they are almost comical.

Seriously, it's bad enough that western NY is famous for our Bills fans that do a lot of really stupid sh#t during tailgating or at the games...but this thread probably makes a lot of people think that there are an exceedingly bunch of morons that live on this end of the state.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby livai » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 am

Philrad71 wrote:^ I wouldn't call someone that has over 11,000 posts on TPR a troll. :lol:

in fact, you have to call it: troll king only for six flags
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:14 am

^ I'm not sure if I understand what you are referencing?

If you're referring to Bill, I hardly think that he is a troll. He brings good things to the forums and tells it like it is, which is a breath of fresh air compared to what I see from a lot of posters on here and posts from members of other social media sites.

Edit - And he just did an epic and massive trip report from parks all over the country (not just Six Flags). I know from experience that this takes a lot of work for very little reward...

Link
Last edited by Philrad71 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 am.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 am

Oh god dammit, what did I start?

All I was trying to say was that I don't think it's a good look for the enthusiast community for people to be messaging parks and going line item by line item about everything they don't like about the park. This rumor about second trains being added to rides comes up every single year and it never happens. Darien Lake is clearly on a budget. I'm sure they know there are plenty of expensive things they could do to improve the park and I'm sure they would if they were in a position to do so.

As it stands, it's a nice park for what it is but try to keep your expectations realistic.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ride of steel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm

He's no troll (that I know of)He's a very big member of RCT.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:22 pm

I didnt say he was a troll, I said he trolls this thread. There is a difference. As far as the idiotic posts, I havent seen DarienLaker around in a while so im not sure what youre referring too.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Oh god, you guys. The post had four sentences, which basically were this:

Generic thank you.
We're aware.
We're aware.
Generic thank you.

That's as close as a PR person will ever get to "shut the f*ck up and leave us alone." Don't read anything into this other than the one message that was actually meant. Quit harrassing these people on Facebook and let them get back to their normal jobs telling normal people (not enthusiasts) about all the fun things to experience at their park.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:That's as close as a PR person will ever get to "shut the f*ck up and leave us alone."

I literally had almost the same exact thing typed out the other day and didn't post it since I didn't want to get people all worked up (you see how well that worked out).

But yeah, my first thought when I saw that was that I could never work in PR because I could never come up with such an eloquent and polite way to blow someone off. :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:15 pm

^ Oh yeah, I read that out loud to Julie a couple of days ago and we had a good laugh about it, but I didn't post anything because I treat this thread like a hornet's nest. But now that everybody's already worked up, now's the time to drop the truth bomb.

Back in college, I worked for a year as a PR rep for a campus organization. That was hard enough, and it was a group no one except those associated with the university knew or cared about. I can't imagine trying to do that job for a theme park.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!