Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1046 - Howl-o-Scream XX lineup
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 am

Oh, this looks soooo good. I'm going to be there in two weeks, but I had no idea this was even going on. As if I wasn't excited enough to be getting back there already...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Tue May 27, 2014 7:03 am

Such a fun day with soo much good food and beverage. Halloumi is still my top pick however they added quite a few runners up which chuck listed. The only two others I strongly suggest is the Mac N Cheese with Canadian Bacon in Canada as well the Meatballs in Scandinavia. Quite sad I will only make it once to the event this year though my bank account is probably relieved.

Thanks for the fun day and update he Angry Scottsman!

Ps - nips and tit-tays!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 am

^Yep--the Canadian mac and cheese with bacon was very good, indeed. But, as we know, Canadians know a lot about mac and cheese. ;)

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:14 am

Had a blast on Sunday at Food and Wine. Here are my quick thoughts on the dishes I tried:

Steak - Wish is was cooked a little less, but whenever they're serving mass amounts of it they usually cook it closer to medium well, so I'm ok with that. Amazing flavor with the crust. Probably my favorite thing.

Cheese in Greece - Always amazing. I could only handle one serving this year!

Cheese soup from Canada - As Chuck said, it's much better this year. Glad I tried it again!

Shrimp Fritters - Very tasty, but could've used some more shrimp. The dipping sauce compliments it very well.

Pork Slider - Huge portion. It was good, but could've used a little more seasoning.

Mac and Cheese with Bacon - Delicious. Right up there with the steak for my favorite dish of the day.

Scottish Egg - Always a treat. My egg was a bit overcooked, but you can't go wrong with one of these.

Honestly, the only "miss" was probably the pork slider, and that wasn't even something I'd consider "bad". They really upped their game this year. I'm glad it worked so well last year, because this should be an annual event. It's not on par with Epcot's festival (but what is?), but it's about as close as you're ever going to get. Hoping they do it again next year, because if they do, I'll be there!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby LoopScreweD » Tue May 27, 2014 8:15 am

I can't imagine how many "protein spills" occur throughout this festival.
Have you ever seen the Demon? Have you ever heard him scream? Is the Demon what he seems? Or just a bad bad dream, Your gonna find...Your gonna find OUT, about the DEMON

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby The Westate » Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 am

How does it work with the food? Is everything a la carte, or do you pay a fee for all you can eat?

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:04 am

Everything is a la carte. They have several different kiosks for each country/area. Most dishes range from the $4-$6 range, so it can get pretty pricey. I felt like the portion sizes were a little bit bigger this year, so it was actually a pretty decent price considering it's inside of a theme park. If you're going to drink and eat all day, I'd plan on spending at least $75-100.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:47 am

On the website there is a 3 for $12.00 voucher you can use for three food items.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I blew about $100 yesterday using the cashless wristband. But it was s-o-o-o-o-o good . . .

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am

I'm hungry now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!