Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 674: Opening night of Christmas Town!
Users viewing this topic: adeuce02, Bobby2889, GnastyGnoric7, KingRCT3, madsecar, MagnumFreak25, Password121 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

I'll be there on Friday. I will try and get a few pics for an update.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Austin11KD » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Looking at those pictures, I think that I am going to like this better than BLSC! Even though I am still sad that BBW left, I think this will be better!
B&Ms are good rides, GCIs are great rides, Intamin rides are awesome, Arrow rides are bad...TOGO RIDES ARE GOD DARN AWFUL!!!

Favorite Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
Favorite Ride: El Toro!
Coaster Count: 32

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 am

Whie Busch Gardens may be going for a "family coaster", I am starting to doubt that its so family-ish. 2 launches, a dark room with special FX, a drop section, and an 89 foot drop to the Rhine River? If I were a little kid, I would go on LNM befor Bolty, needless to say this is a good thing for us coaster enthusiasts! :airtime: :airtimer: :)
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am

I had a good look at the construction both Saturday and Sunday. I love the layout so far! Track construction inside the building should be finished within the next week.

On another note, HOS's scares have been amped up a bit from friends working in the mazes and from observations made going through scare zones in my spare time last Saturday. If you were a bit disappointed in the mazes and scare zones a few weeks ago, things have changed for the scarier.

I've considered working as a scareactor next year. Hearing the stories of people freaking out and peeing their pants must be fun to see in person. One of my friends managed to see a full-grown man crawl out of a maze because he was so scared.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby esvadj » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 am

I made it to HOS last night (Sunday October 16) and the park was surprisingly busy for a Sunday. The wait times for the mazes were around 45 minutes to an hour, so I opted for the Quick Que. I really liked the new mazes. Deadline was great, the last room really made the entire maze. I also thought 13 and Fear Fair were good. This was the first time I saw the work site for Verbolten, and its big. They seem to really be doing a ton of work during the week. The best view of the work site seems to be from the line Bitten. I just got a new camera and what better way to test it out than here.
1.jpg
Bridge to Ireland, lots of pumpkins
Viewed 693 times
2.jpg
Ghosts seemed to have a problem getting around trees
Viewed 693 times
3.jpg
See you real soon in my dreams I'm sure
Viewed 693 times
4.jpg
Rats in France
Viewed 693 times
5.jpg
Our host for the evening, her creepy song is still going through my head
Viewed 693 times
6.jpg
Just a shell of a station
Viewed 693 times
7.jpg
I see a footer going in - right in front
Viewed 693 times
8.jpg
It was getting dark by the time I headed this way
Viewed 693 times
9.jpg
Its a little dark, but the drop track is in the back of this picture
Viewed 693 times

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

I think this may have been discussed before, a while ago, but how does HOS compare between the two parks? I thought I had read that BGW was looking to move more away from a family event and make it more like the Tampa event.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swiftman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Just posted some more (very awesome) leaked plans to the BGWFans Forums:Link Removed!

This time around, you don't need to sign up. The only thing I ask is that if you share them (please do!), share the link above, don't link directly to the pictures. Thanks and enjoy!

Also, we have two pictures of the event building construction from over the weekend that can be found here: Link Removed
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 am.

Postby sammmmmy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

^Love that inclined launch!
"Okay everyone the photo spot is after the overbank,, so everyone remember to pose like a terrified black woman"

FAVORITE: Tie between Incredible Hulk and Millennium Force
LAST RIDDEN: Bizarro

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I love the looks of those pictures!
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swiftman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm

ALMS7TH, one of the members of the BGWFans Forums, LINK REMOVED! that there is a segment with an 86 degree bank inside the event building. Also, B-Mac LINK REMOVED! that the Rhine River drop has about a 52 degree angle and that the coaster is comprised of 171 segments of track.

Ok, I'm going to stop spamming up this thread now. :p
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!