Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1039 - Bierfest 2018 announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby BigDipper 80 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 pm

ernierocker wrote:Agreed, this is like the people that move into neighborhoods near an interstate or an airport and then complain about the noise.

I live next to an interstate, directly under the main flight path for Cleveland-Hopkins Airport, AND have train tracks about 500 feet from my house. I guarantee that people can learn to deal with the noise. And if they can't, they need to move somewhere else. Like the middle of Nebraska, where it is quiet and empty. Their obnoxiousness cannot bother me there.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 pm

BigDipper 80 wrote:...AND have train tracks about 500 feet from my house. I guarantee that people can learn to deal with the noise.

500 feet? Try 50 feet. Go onto Google Maps and search up Linden, PA. There are houses within 50 feet of railroad tracks, on a street called Front Street. Those people don't complain, they've gotten used to it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm

The JCC Public Hearing is now available online

http://www.jccegov.com/news/jcctv/video-on-demand.html

Select "JCC_Planning_Commission-01-05-2011" and launch the player and skip to 9:27 in the video. There's an obscure satellite image at 10:29 in the video.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby HappyEisentrout » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a friend that lives in the house across the street from Michigan's Adventure and the biggest complaint he had was that the parking lot lights stayed on way too late. So to make up for it he started letting people park in his huge yard for cheaper.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 am

So... [though processing] Screamscape is now reporting the rumor and has the "plans" of a Mack multi-launch coaster for 2012 at Seaworld Sna Diego. It has been rumored that a GERMAN built coaster would represent the new BGW2012 coaster. Is it more likely that it will be a Mack though BGT is already building an Intamin and Busch is notorious for building similar coaster at the Busch Gardens parks (ex. for the n00bs: Alpinegeist, Montu/ Sheikra, Griffon/ and several attempts to build similar coaster or coasters by the same manufacturer: Drachen Fire, Kumba/ Python, Loch Ness Monster/ Scorpion, Big Bad Wolf/ and only once did they build coasters the same period that were totally different: Apollo's Chariot, Gwazi) Though the two coasters at the BG parks will be similar in format, it now seems more likely that Mack will be coming to BGW. The layout of "Manta2" at SWSD looks like version of what we will see at BGW.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am

With all of the positive reviews I've heard about Blue Fire I'm very excited about this SWSD project. Sea World desperately needs a new "major" attraction.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

DJeXeL wrote:With all of the positive reviews I've heard about Blue Fire I'm very excited about this SWSD project. Sea World desperately needs a new "major" attraction.

I wasn't nearly as impressed with Blue Fire as much as other people were. And I wouldn't expect the 2012 coaster to be a Mack.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am

Why weren't you impressed with BF?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:16 am

^I'm not Robb but I think he and I shared a very simiar opinion on Blue Fire.

First off, the restraints and train are AMAZING. All looping coasters should have these restraints, incredible! Big step up from the Premier Lap Bar Only coasters.

The little preshow on the coaster was very cute and interesting (similar to Furius Baco!), but then the ride itself though was quite slow and had no big forces to it. I would assume that Sea World will go for a very similar ride with little force and a cute preshow to keep the family friendly aspect and that's fine, but don't go expecting a powerful awesome looping launched coaster.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:19 am

Figured as much. Looking at the YouTube videos it looks tame and family friendly.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!