Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 997 - Report from Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:33 am

I really hope they simply shut it down for maintenance for a season instead of just axing and turning into "event space." But given SEAS financial problems these days I have very little reason for optimism in this situation.
Roller Coasters provide a great escape from the depressing reality that is adulthood.
Top Coasters 1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. New Texas Giant 4. Millennium Force 5. Nitro
Top Parks 1. BGW 2. DW 3. CP 4. IOA 5. USF

"There's happiness......then there's El Toros Rolling Thunder Hill"

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CarolinaJay » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Somehow I stumbled across this video. I thought it was a pretty interesting watch. Not sure if anyone else here as seen it, but...it's quite interesting.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Mossed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:12 am

I'm going through this way and was wondering if the entire park is open for the Christmas event? I was unable to get the park map to load on my phone.
Top 10 coasters - 1.) Intimidator 305 2.) Maverick. 3.) Lightning Rod 4.) Fury325 5.) Phoenix 6.) Twisted Colossus 7.) Taron 8.) Millennium Force 9.) Goliath (SFGA) 10.) Expedition GeForce

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby bill_s » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 am

^^-- No, actually SFA is a better place to go for rides this time of year, although at least BGW is running 2 coasters which is better if one breaks down. I don't know if they run them below 40 degrees, when they were running B&Ms they didn't. It is also not free with season's pass, but can be (or once was) a cheaper way to get into the park than regular season otherwise.

https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:34 am

bill_s wrote:^^-- No, actually SFA is a better place to go for rides this time of year, although at least BGW is running 2 coasters which is better if one breaks down. I don't know if they run them below 40 degrees, when they were running B&Ms they didn't. It is also not free with season's pass, but can be (or once was) a cheaper way to get into the park than regular season otherwise.

https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg

They're running three coasters, if you count Grover's Alpine Express (this is the the first time that Forest of Fun has been open for Christmas Town); the other two are Verbolten and InvadR. I'm planning to post a report later this weekend.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 am

bill_s wrote:I don't know if they run them below 40 degrees

Per the website:
InvadR, Verbolten ® and Nacht Tower will be closed on evenings with temperatures below 36°F

Since you mentioned Six Flags, for your convenience they've published their full, chain-wide weather policy here (in extreme detail).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 am

coasterbill wrote:

Per the website:
InvadR, Verbolten ® and Nacht Tower will be closed on evenings with temperatures below 36°F

Since you mentioned Six Flags, for your convenience they've published their full, chain-wide weather policy here (in extreme detail).

:lol: :lol: The lyrics actually lend themselves perfectly into Six Flags "yolo send it" policy. +1 coasterbill
2017 Ride Host - Millennium Force

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Afterburner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:06 am

coasterbill wrote:

:lmao:

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby vertigomike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:

Per the website:

:nina:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 am

coasterbill wrote:Since you mentioned Six Flags, for your convenience they've published their full, chain-wide weather policy here (in extreme detail).

This is gold! :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!