Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1039 - Bierfest 2018 announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 am

yodelo wrote:Is it possible to walk to Busch Gardens? I'm staying at the Double Tree which is just 1 mile away. If it's possible to just walk over, I'd much rather not pay for an uber or $18 parking fee!

Also, are we allowed to bring bags onto rides? Or do they force you to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

Thank you!!!

Looking at satellite view on google, its all highway with no sidewalks. I'm sure its doable, but you're willing to walk a possibly unsafe mile to save $7 when you're going to an expensive theme park? Seems silly.

Speaking of Uber, here is a fare estimate for right now. $7. And would take a third of the time walking would.
Screenshot_20180807-120723.png

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

Yes, go with either the hotel shuttle or Uber.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29 am

I have had terrible luck with Uber in Williamsburg trying to get between hotels and BGW. This was last October, so hopefully its improved.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm

A message from your Friendly Neighborhood Site Moderator:

Please do not post links to BGW Fans on TPR. We do not support that particular group, and they have caused trouble here in the past.

Thank you for understanding. If the policy changes, we'll let you know.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Trevor Hamilton » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Deleted

EDIT: Maybe check a certain site that was mentioned in a previous post. Maybe one we supposedly can't speak of
1. Griffon 2. Fury 325 3. 1305 4. Maverick 5. El Toro

Griffon is amazing fight me

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

I always take Ubers to and from the park when we go to the food and wine festival. It's never been more than $7 and change each way.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 pm

The Virginia German Beer Festival (Bier Fest) kicks off at Busch Gardens this Friday, August 17 with over 50 different breweries, local brewery talks, and a variety of German and other snacks including shepherd's pie, scotch eggs, and a variety of German sausages, pretzels, etc. A 10 beer sampler (4oz pours) is $24 including tax. I may head down on Friday after dropping my daughter off at college. Sample a few beers, ride a coaster, sample a few more beers, ride another coaster...

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:36 pm

In this weeks WTF news...

Teen charged with assaulting officer after dog rescued from car in Busch Gardens parking lot
https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/teen-charged-with-assaulting-officer-after-dog-rescued-from-car-in-busch-gardens-parking-lot/1368416198

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WRIC) -- A teen accused of leaving a young dog in a parked vehicle outside of Busch Gardens is facing several charges after police say he attacked the officer who rescued the animal from the car.

Williamsburg Police tell 8News an officer was flagged down at around 4:45 p.m. on Monday to assist a dog locked a vehicle that was parked in the amusement park's France lot. The officer found a young pit bull in distress inside a vehicle that was not running with each window shut.

After several attempts to locate the owner, the officer used a tool to open the door and remove the dog from the vehicle.

When the owner returned to the parking lot, he confronted the officer but began to walk away after the officer attempted to detain him. That's when police say the 17-year-old turned around to strike the officer, and a struggle ensued as the officer attempted to take the teen into custody.

The 17-year-old was booked at Merrimac Detention Center and charged with assaulting a law enforcement officer, possession of marijuana and animal cruelty.

Both the teen and officer reportedly suffered minor injuries during the incident, according to police.

Animal Control responded to the scene and took the dog into custody.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:13 pm

What an absolute moron, even more so cause he could have just paid $10 to rent a spot at the kennel that's conveniently right at the park.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:11 pm

So I've been in Williamsburg this week and have been visiting Busch Gardens most days here and of the three days so far this week (Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday) Tempesto has been down. Can anyone tell me if it has been down for awhile and/or if it is a recent thing? Does this happen a lot with it? I really want to get the credit before I leave and I have all the others.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:125
STEEL:96
WOOD:29
PARKS:25

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!