Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 322 - Report from Magic Kingdom "After Hours" event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Add me to the list of people who are completely okay with the new scene. Rode Pirates of the Caribbean today and it fits right in.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

I will be attending a conference in Orlando next month. Noticed that Magic Kingdom After Hours is offered the Saturday before my conference (July 21). So the park will be open to everyone that pays $119 (plus passholders) from 10:00pm - 1:00am. Has anyone attended Magic Kingdom After Hours this summer? Is it worth it? How are the crowds in comparison to a summer weekday?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:05 pm

For $120 (or $90 for me personally with my annual pass), I'd rather deal with the daily crowds. Maybe I'd drop the cash if I were flying into Florida, AND stuck somewhere during the day (like a conference) AND only had the opportunity to go to the park for one evening during my entire trip.

Download the MyDisneyExperience app and periodically check wait times over the next few days. You'll get a pretty good idea.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:32 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/06/new-spooky-experiences-coming-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

SPACE MOUNTAIN SEASONAL OVERLAY!!!!!!!

I'm kind of freaking out about that happening. Hyperspace Mountain was my favorite thing at Disneyland and I'd love to see more things like that.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 am

How cool! I'd love to ride that!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 am

I wonder if it will be original or if they will make a copy of ghost galaxy from Hong Kong.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey everyone!

Last night TPR was invited out to take part in the "After Hours" event at Magic Kingdom! What is this event you ask? It's a little bit like "Extra Magic Hours" but better, more exclusive, and includes more stuff! It is also open to EVERYONE, not just people staying on property at a Walt Disney World resort. Here's some information:

- The event is $119 ($89 for Passholders) for tickets purchased online in advance. (Check the website though in case prices may change) The event happens on select dates so once again, check the website.

- You get “exclusive park time” three hours after the park closes, but you are allowed to enter three hours before the park closes so you can see fireworks, have more time to play, etc.

- All major attractions and many minor attractions are open along some character greetings You also get unlimited drinks, treats (Mickey Mouse bars, ice cream sandwiches, etc), and popcorn all night long!)

Here is the website for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

You can also Google "Magic Kingdom After Hours" and it should come right up! Now onto some photos & video!

Watch this 60 second video first and it should give you a really good idea what the event is like!

001.JPG

We arrived to the event a couple of hours before the park closed to get in a few bonus rides and take a few more photos. You can enter the park three hours BEFORE the park closes. So with the "exclusive park time" after closing you get a total of 6 hours of park time.

002.JPG

Let's start out on Big Thunder Mountain!

003.JPG

This is always a favorite of mine! HANDS UP!!!

004.JPG

Getting into the park early means you also have time to catch the fireworks before the park closes, and if you haven't seen the new Happily Ever After show, you NEED to see it!

008.JPG

Once the event starts it's all the Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse bars, and Space Mountain you can handle! This sounds like a dream to me! :mickey:

009.JPG

Even compared to resort Extra Magic Hours, attraction wait times are ridiculously short!

010.JPG

Thunder & Splash Mountain were both 5 minutes.

011.jpg

Areas like this corridor of Fantasyland that you're used to seeing PACKED with people are totally empty!

012.jpg

I love walking through the park when it feels like you're almost the only one there!

013.jpg

This event is also a photographer's heaven! (Jack Crouse was with me and he got these awesome area shots!)

014.jpg

It's not often you see Space Mountain void of anyone at all around it!

015.JPG

Not only are the attractions open, but you can also meet several characters with no wait at all as well!

016.JPG

Rapunzel was teaching me how to smolder because apparently I'm terrible at it! (She's not wrong!) :lol:

017.jpg

If you want to be on a ride and have a boat all to yourself for some awesome family pics, this is the event where you can do that!

018.JPG

Did we mention that you can keep getting as much popcorn and soda as you want all night long?

019.JPG

Haunted Mansion may have been cleverly posted at 13 minutes, but there was no wait at all! :Pr

020.JPG

Even attractions like Country Bear Jamboree were open! And when CBJ is open, you know it's a GREAT event!

021.JPG

What about Peter Pan?

022.JPG

Yep, it's a total walk-on! When was the last time you saw that???

023.JPG

And Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, you ask?

024.JPG

Also posted at 5 minutes!

025.JPG

Attractions like Tomorrowland Speedway also with no wait!

026.JPG

You can ride Space Mountain as much as you'd like...

027.JPEG

And keep trying for that perfect on-ride photo to share with friends!

028.JPG

We highly recommend this event. You can do SO MUCH in the three hours of "Exclusive Park Time" that you really can get more done in those hours than you can in most of your day at the park, especially on a summer Saturday which yesterday was!

100.JPG

Goodnight Magic Kingdom! Thank you again to Walt Disney World for inviting us out to this event!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 pm.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CoasterInk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Wow!! That looks incredible! I've never heard of this before, so thanks for sharing, will have to look into this more...

Also that picture of you guys with the glasses was top notch... loved it :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm

that really looks incredible, and love the fact that you can enter 3 hours before, so in total you get 6 hours, tho not all is gonna have the exclusivity and the shorter lines.

two quick questions that popped up

- surprised they didn't do this as an "add on" to the daily ticket? one can just purchase this alone and get 6 hours in the park for $119? that itself seems to be a pretty solid deal.

-- totally just a curious question. . how do staff members shoo those lingerers out for the exclusive event? (I see y'all have lanyards, so they can tell who's participating). do the ride operators just not let folks in the lines without the badge?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:25 pm

bert425 wrote:- surprised they didn't do this as an "add on" to the daily ticket? one can just purchase this alone and get 6 hours in the park for $119? that itself seems to be a pretty solid deal.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but they don't sell it as an "add-on" because you don't need a daily ticket to go to this. You just need to buy this ticket. It's just like Mickey's Not-So-Scary or Very Merry Christmas Party. All of those being "hard ticket" events.

bert425 wrote:-- totally just a curious question. . how do staff members shoo those lingerers out for the exclusive event? (I see y'all have lanyards, so they can tell who's participating). do the ride operators just not let folks in the lines without the badge?

You need a lanyard to get on any rides or to get any of the snacks or drinks. I didn't really see anyone who wasn't wearing a lanyard asked to leave the park, but I did witness people without lanyards be turned away from food and attractions.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!