Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 am

gisco wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I hope the Trump animatronic reads off a series of his tweets. That would be sooooo inspiring!

Make them live tweets so the show changes every day.

That would be hilarious, scary, and sad all at the same time! I'd love to see a Muppet History Show. That would be so much better!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:55 am

robbalvey wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Thoughts? Maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of the Hall of Presidents but it never struck me as an overly popular attraction.

Do not underestimate the popularity of Hall of Presidents. I have seen it three times recently and it has played to a nearly packed to completely full house every time. I saw it the day after the election, and sat out front of it finishing a drink for about 5 minutes. I witnessed a very interesting exchange....

Random Guest to CM: "Is Trump in here now?"
CM: "No, Trump was only elected yesterday so technically he is not our President yet but he will be added later next year."
Me to CM after guest walks away: "Wait, are people seriously asking TODAY if Trump is in there, after only being elected last night?"
CM: "I've been here only a few hours and I've had no fewer than 500 people ask me already."

Wow. So not only are people stupid enough to vote for the guy, they also are dumb enough to think he would be in the Hall of Presidents THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Our world is doomed...

I don't know. Didn't they pull the Ellen AA from Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot? Just put it an orange toupee and an ill-fitting suit with a red tie and, presto, instant Trump!

Of course, the old Ellen AA may not be sophisticated enough to handle Trump's odd facial expressions and goofy hand gestures. ;)

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

cfc wrote:
I don't know. Didn't they pull the Ellen AA from Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot? Just put it an orange toupee and an ill-fitting suit with a red tie and, presto, instant Trump!

Of course, the old Ellen AA may not be sophisticated enough to handle Trump's odd facial expressions and goofy hand gestures. ;)
:nina:

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:09 am

cfc wrote:Of course, the old Ellen AA may not be sophisticated enough to handle Trump's odd facial expressions and goofy hand gestures. ;)

That's okay. The AA's tiny hands would be impossible to see from most of the theater anyway.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:06 pm

What's everyones thoughts about these $650 tents that you can rent for the day near space mountain? The quality of the setup looks more like something at a six flags park then something I'd expect from Disney.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:14 am

By the looks of them, they are a testing the idea to see if it is popular enough. I imagine that if it's deemed a success then we might see a more permanent solution being added.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:06 am

Satans Hockey wrote:What's everyones thoughts about these $650 tents that you can rent for the day near space mountain?

The class war continues.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 am

Morgan wrote:By the looks of them, they are a testing the idea to see if it is popular enough. I imagine that if it's deemed a success then we might see a more permanent solution being added.

Yeah, that was kind of my thought, they "look" kinda cheap and temporary but if it's a success I would expect something more permanent later.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:18 am

A.J. wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:What's everyones thoughts about these $650 tents that you can rent for the day near space mountain?

The class war continues.

I think the price is ridiculous. For that amount of money, I can get a room on the monorail loop. I could see $150-200 though.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Postby jray21 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 am

It'll be interesting to see how popular they are. I think it could be a great idea if done right and for the right price, but the price does seem really high. Like was said before, I'd rather get a hotel room on the monorail loop for that price.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!